Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of DBSTalk by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

DirecTV's website is awful

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
9 replies to this topic

#1 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 10 February 2002 - 07:28 PM

Just when DirecTV makes new packages with lower rates in some cases, adds more locals including UPN/WB, has great deals for TiVo,

they have to mess it up with an AWFUL new website. What good is it having new better packages (some may argue otherwise), but what good is it, if the website of the company is hard to navigate!

This is totally poor user interface design. For the first time, I have to say Dish Networks website is done better.

DirecTV has 10.5 million subscribers. It would take 100,000 of us alone just to make 1% of their viewer opinions. However, if anybody doesnt like it, I'd suggest emailing DirecTV feedback: feedback@mail.directv.com

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 11 February 2002 - 04:45 AM

I haven't been to DirectTV's website in a long time, i'll have to go take a peek. :)
I never really liked Dish Networks website, although their last upgrade visually looks better. I just wish they would put more technical info on it.

#3 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 11 February 2002 - 08:18 AM

Although its just my opinion that its bad,

DirecTV should survey about 200 people or so, and ask them to compare old website with new website in terms of usability.

DirecTV isnt in business to complicate and confuse things for people. Maybe, they need a $$ amount to see potential customers that chose Dish because confusing DirecTV webiste.

When I signed up with Dish, I remember on Dish's website back awhile ago, they had two logos: one for Romance Classics other for IFC. No parttime availability status given. Later it was added.

Only after I signed up did I realize IFC and RC was partttime on Dish on one channel :( I really think having an accurate and easy to use website is important in keeping customer satisfaction and better for getting new subscribers.

#4 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 11 February 2002 - 11:38 AM

I agree Brett, the same post you made regarding DirectTV's website is the same thing I made regarding Dish Network's.

IMO.....neither one are that bad, but could be alot better.

#5 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 11 February 2002 - 02:02 PM

E*s website sucked big time when I fist became a sub. Its muck better now, but theres always room for improvement. I like D*s old website better, it was much faster.

#6 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 12 February 2002 - 12:29 PM

I agree. Horrible. I can't find anything without clickety, click,click,click. WHat a PITA.

#7 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 13 February 2002 - 01:40 AM

Well I think that DirecTV website looks better, but it's much harder to find anything. So it's worse even it looks nice. Seems like some art person designed it without any usability expirience.

#8 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 14 February 2002 - 11:35 AM

Yes, it does suck!

#9 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 15 February 2002 - 07:27 AM

There new web site is a joke compared to the original one. Bring back the old web site.

#10 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 18 February 2002 - 01:54 PM

yeah directv.com is a joke! it is awful but whats worse is ch 201 so called customer news. this channel would be better off called directv for re-tarts .. i mean i think i know how to change the batterys in my remote control and that there should be no obstructions for the remote or how to order a PPV. this is news ???? they say the same thing all year ,call this channel `just starting with directv` but its far from being news worthy as it is . i find directv news very condesending and a total joke !i think tanya memie is re-tarted for being on such a lame channel. lol.

spam firewall