Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

DVR Guide issue: where'd it go?

signal loss

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   MBison

MBison

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 12 posts

Posted 07 March 2011 - 09:23 PM

I have two DirecTV DVRs. One is fine, the guide is complete for many days. But the other, a few days in is almost entirely empty. I reset it and now it has "Upcoming: Blah Blah" for many channels. Is there any way to ensure that the guide is downloading correctly? I like to set recordings in advance and a lot of the channels being messed up isn't helping. I'm assuming it's going to repair but just curious if there's any way to make sure it is working.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   JACH

JACH

Mentor

• Registered
  • 42 posts

Posted 07 March 2011 - 09:31 PM

Resetting the dvr twice in a short time (I think 15min) flushes out the guide data. It'll rebuild itself over the next 24 hrs.

#3 OFFLINE   litzdog911

litzdog911

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 11,486 posts
  • LocationMill Creek, WA

Posted 07 March 2011 - 10:23 PM

Yep, give it a day.
HD DVRs: HR34-700; HR24-500; (2) HR20-700 + WD eSATA 1TB drive/Antec MX1 case; HR21-700; HR21-200 w/AM21
Receivers: H25-500 HD Receiver; H21-100 HD Receiver
Mobile Devices: Nomad

Additional equipment configuration details

Sun & moon help site your satellite dish

#4 OFFLINE   JACH

JACH

Mentor

• Registered
  • 42 posts

Posted 07 March 2011 - 11:08 PM

Actually, I meant that the OP might have somehow reset the dvr twice and didn't even know it, causing the missing guide data. In any case, the guide data will eventually build up. Also, could the OP be comparing a HD DVR to a SD dvr? Cause I have one SD receiver, not dvr, and it only gets 3 days of guide data like it should.

#5 OFFLINE   rrdirectsr

rrdirectsr

Legend

• Registered
  • 177 posts

Posted 08 March 2011 - 03:02 PM

I have two DirecTV DVRs. One is fine, the guide is complete for many days. But the other, a few days in is almost entirely empty. I reset it and now it has "Upcoming: Blah Blah" for many channels. Is there any way to ensure that the guide is downloading correctly? I like to set recordings in advance and a lot of the channels being messed up isn't helping. I'm assuming it's going to repair but just curious if there's any way to make sure it is working.

You'll need to do the following
1. Go to System Setup Menu
2. Select Satellite
3. Select Repeat Satellite Setup
4. Don't change settings
5. Either select cancel or continue thru setup and bypass remote setup.

This will force the guide download but all 14 days will take about 24 hours to download. Issue resolved.

spam firewall