Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Does Directv offer NFL Red Zone without Sunday Ticket?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
58 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   sum_random_dork

sum_random_dork

Icon

• Registered
  • 892 posts

Posted 10 March 2011 - 07:47 PM

wait for the season to get closer, when that happens you'll probably see a lot of posts starting to appear about people getting Red Zone on their account. Last year "good" customers who had options like Dish, Comcast, etc were able to call in and ask nicely for Red Zone Channel (I was one of them). It was added to our accounts last year at no cost to the customer, there was some talk that it was a 1 year deal and possibly this year they'd charge for it. That being said who knows if we'll have an NFL season or not....as I said wait a few months you'll start seeing a lot more posts around July/August as the season gets close.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#22 OFFLINE   joed32

joed32

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,651 posts

Posted 11 March 2011 - 08:24 AM

Yes, it's way too early to ask for it now.

#23 OFFLINE   Paul Secic

Paul Secic

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 6,129 posts

Posted 11 March 2011 - 01:02 PM

Switched to DTV from Dish. Wondering if DTV offers RedZone alone w/o Sunday Ticket.

Sunday Ticket might not be on, due to the strike.

Enjoying AT 250 HBO, 

Equipment: VIP 722 reciever

#24 OFFLINE   oldfantom

oldfantom

Icon

• Registered
  • 661 posts

Posted 11 March 2011 - 01:46 PM

There really won't be a strike as such. There will be a lockout and a court case as I understand it. I bother with the semantics only because if it does go to court, that will be the nuclear option. So I am thinking of dropping NFL ST as soon as negotiations break down. I do not want to forget and then have to pay for scab games.

If my post sounds angry, please re-read it with a smile.

#25 OFFLINE   dcowboy7

dcowboy7

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,640 posts
  • LocationPequannock, NJ

Posted 11 March 2011 - 02:07 PM

I do not want to forget and then have to pay for scab games.

We went thru this in the other thread....there cant be replacement players anymore.

#26 OFFLINE   tampa8

tampa8

Godfather/Supporter

• Registered
  • 1,812 posts

Posted 11 March 2011 - 02:14 PM

Neighbor down the street comes over sometimes to watch NFLZ with me, (on Dish) he has tried but they keep telling him there is no way to program it for him if he doesn't get Sunday Ticket. If one of you actually know a way please post it I will let him know.

#27 OFFLINE   rkr0923

rkr0923

• Registered
  • 499 posts

Posted 11 March 2011 - 02:29 PM

Are you sure dude......cause people here will tell you that your wrong and they do know all about D*
:hurah:
If you don't believe me, just ask'em.

Edited by rkr0923, 11 March 2011 - 02:39 PM.

#28 OFFLINE   tcusta00

tcusta00

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 7,911 posts

Posted 11 March 2011 - 08:50 PM

Are you sure dude......cause people here will tell you that your wrong and they do know all about D*
:hurah:
If you don't believe me, just ask'em.

I'm not sure if you're being purposely or accidentally obtuse or just trying to troll the thread, but if you're looking for proof that it's possible to get standalone RZC (in addition to the thread linked earlier with dozens of people confirming it) then here's a screen shot of my bill showing it.

Screen shot 2011-03-11 at 9.45.43 PM.png

You're wrong. I (and many others) know more about this aspect of DIRECTV than you claim to.

Dude.

#29 OFFLINE   rkr0923

rkr0923

• Registered
  • 499 posts

Posted 11 March 2011 - 10:48 PM

sure, if you call and "threaten" to leave and this, that, and the other or call back 10 times till you get the CSR who doesn't know crap....then yes, you might can get it.
No I'm not trolling the thread. Just speaking from experience.

#30 OFFLINE   sum_random_dork

sum_random_dork

Icon

• Registered
  • 892 posts

Posted 11 March 2011 - 11:12 PM

sure, if you call and "threaten" to leave and this, that, and the other or call back 10 times till you get the CSR who doesn't know crap....then yes, you might can get it.

well I never said I was going to "leave" D* or anything like that I called told them I was familiar with the deal and had it added to my account(s) without an issue. Took a whole grand total of 10 mins and one CSR. So maybe you didn't get it but for myself and many other D* customers like me it wasn't much of an issue......

#31 OFFLINE   tcusta00

tcusta00

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 7,911 posts

Posted 12 March 2011 - 05:45 AM

You're trolling. You said it wasn't possible to get it but when people said it was you continued to insist it wasn't. I just provided proof that it's possible and you're still indigently insistent that it's not possible through normal channels. You're trolling this thread.

#32 OFFLINE   MysteryMan

MysteryMan

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 6,687 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 12 March 2011 - 06:00 AM

You're trolling. You said it wasn't possible to get it but when people said it was you continued to insist it wasn't. I just provided proof that it's possible and you're still indigently insistent that it's not possible through normal channels. You're trolling this thread.

+1......and other threads too. Looking at his signature one can say God has a loving twinkle in his eye for him. :rolleyes:

DirecTV customer since 1995.

#33 OFFLINE   wmb

wmb

Godfather

• Registered
  • 452 posts

Posted 12 March 2011 - 07:38 AM

I'm not sure if you're being purposely or accidentally obtuse or just trying to troll the thread, but if you're looking for proof that it's possible to get standalone RZC (in addition to the thread linked earlier with dozens of people confirming it) then here's a screen shot of my bill showing it.

[ATTACH]25088[/ATTACH]

You're wrong. I (and many others) know more about this aspect of DIRECTV than you claim to.

Dude.

Man, I can't believe you are STIlLL paying for HD Extra. Go online, cancel it and add back the three months free.

#34 OFFLINE   rkr0923

rkr0923

• Registered
  • 499 posts

Posted 12 March 2011 - 09:41 AM

LongJon
Mentor

User# 69748 I said "CANCEL" at the prompt and tried to get RZ standalone, and he checked to see if it was available for me and said "No". I've been with D* for about 2.5 years, but I just started a new contract with a DVR upgrade back in June. I bet that's why I was denied. I think its less about how long you've been with them and more about how recently you are into a new contract.

Oh well, I still got Sunday Ticket with 6 monthly $20 credits, so I'm satisfied. I simply told him, as an Extra Innings subscriber, I was not willing to pay more than what they offered for that package (even though I had 6 $10 credits on EI as well ).

LongJon
View Public Profile
Send a private message to LongJon
Find More Posts by LongJon
Add LongJon to Your Contacts
Quote this post in PM to LongJon

09-15-10, 07:39 PM #735 | Link
anonymous6
Mentor

User# 94038 LongJon, trust me... if you would have kept calling and saying cancel, one rep would have given you redzone.

One call the person was like "sorry we can't offer that" and further into my conversation of how Dish had it and I was going to switch, she goes "hold on... let me check something we might be able to hook you up"

Unfortunately the 9 month thing came into play. That 9+ month thing came into play here and 2 other calls. It's oddly specific that 3 reps told me about this same requirement and all 3 said 9+ months. Not 1 year, not "long time customer"... they were pretty specific with 9 months.

the $20 off per 6 seems to be the main deal they're offering. Best deal I've been offered is $199.99 one time payment (which is basically the same thing)

I rest my case

#35 OFFLINE   RACJ2

RACJ2

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,852 posts

Posted 12 March 2011 - 11:48 AM

If you're resting your case, meaning that you can't get standalone Red Zone if you simply call and ask for it, then you haven't read all the posts in the thread from last year. Here are just a few examples of posters that did receive it:

Well that was easy. Called in, said CANCEL and when the CSR picked up I said I didn't want to really cancel but told her my buddy (DBSTALK!!! :D) had informed me that he got RZ for free by speaking to rentention and I was wondering if they could do the same for me. She tried to sell me Sunday Ticket but I told her I couldn't afford it with 2 kids in daycare. She said no problem and set me up with it for free. I've been with D* for almost 3 years and have never subscribed to Sunday Ticket.

Thanks to all on this board!!!

My Redzone channel finally came on at about 3:00 pm EST. I also had that same $44.99 message earlier. Worked good with no problems. I really enjoyed watching this channel at the end of my game and seeing what the other teams were doing in the last two minutes of their games. Free is good!

Add me to the list of those with no difficulty getting it. I'm a 7 year customer, but just a few days short of 1 year into a 2 year commitment. Said cancel at the prompts to get to retentions. Told CSR that during free preview, I really liked red zone channel, but no interest in ST. Asked if red zone was available, since DISH and U-verse now carry it. CSR added it no problem. I also asked if there were any specials on premium channels and CSR told me I was eligible for 3 months free showtime, so I took that too.

Very nice conversation with the CSR.

HR34-700, HR22-100

#36 OFFLINE   MysteryMan

MysteryMan

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 6,687 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 12 March 2011 - 12:09 PM

If you're resting your case, meaning that you can't get standalone Red Zone if you simply call and ask for it, then you haven't read all the posts in the thread from last year. Here are just a few examples of posters that did receive it:

Maybe there's not as many stupid people as he thinks there are! ;)

DirecTV customer since 1995.

#37 OFFLINE   rkr0923

rkr0923

• Registered
  • 499 posts

Posted 12 March 2011 - 01:22 PM

Well your 1st quote he says he said "cancel"....the 3rd one says he has been with D* for 7yrs. The OP said he "just signed with D*
All mute now anyway....No NFL this year

#38 OFFLINE   sigma1914

sigma1914

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 13,986 posts
  • LocationAllen, TX

Posted 12 March 2011 - 01:25 PM

Well your 1st quote he says he said "cancel"....the 3rd one says he has been with D* for 7yrs. The OP said he "just signed with D*

You turned the volume off? Also, there's plenty of time to work a deal and have a season.

*Again, I'm baffled by your signature choice.*

Edited by sigma1914, 12 March 2011 - 01:48 PM.

If you stop responding to them or put them on ignore, then eventually they'll go away.

#39 OFFLINE   Hoosier205

Hoosier205

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 6,596 posts

Posted 12 March 2011 - 01:35 PM

They have 6 months to work it out.
DTV = Digital Television

#40 OFFLINE   kikkenit2

kikkenit2

Icon

• Registered
  • 668 posts

Posted 12 March 2011 - 01:48 PM

Neighbor down the street comes over sometimes to watch NFLZ with me, (on Dish) he has tried but they keep telling him there is no way to program it for him if he doesn't get Sunday Ticket. If one of you actually know a way please post it I will let him know.

Tell your friend to visit this site every day starting in june and by early july they will have a good deal on nfl sunday ticket. Maybe even free stand alone redzone channel instead. The chance of getting free redzone without hanging out here is about nil. Hit the timing right and knowing what to say when you call are crucial to getting the special deal.

Directv paid me $180 last year to NOT get nflst and gave me redzone for free. I'll try to get near that deal this year. Even if I have to call and get the loyalty department. It only took 1 friendly call with no threats to cancel service. No way I could have got this deal without dbstalk. It helps a lot to be in good standing etc. but when you call and what you say on the phone is the deal maker.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...