Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

HIMYM renewed for 2 more seasons.

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   cj9788

cj9788

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,659 posts

Posted 10 March 2011 - 09:05 PM

'How I Met Your Mother' has always enjoyed paying homage to 'Lost.'

Since the comedy began in 2006, it has, like the ABC island drama, used season-long arcs and structurally ambitious episodes to tell its story, and this season creators Craig Thomas and Carter Bays even cast 'Lost' alumni Jorge Garcia in a prominent guest role.

So when the news broke this week that 'HIMYM' had been renewed for not one but two additional seasons, I had to ask: Are the producers going to pull a 'Lost' and set an end date for the show now?

In the interview below, executive producer Bays talked about whether he and Thomas have set an end date, he addressed whether they'll stay with the show beyond the current sixth season, and he talked about whether the show's cast has been locked in for the seventh and eighth seasons as well

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   oldschoolecw

oldschoolecw

HarpoonIPA

• Registered
  • 1,463 posts
  • LocationHalifax, MA

Posted 10 March 2011 - 09:13 PM

Wait, what?

They still haven't explained how he met there mother after all these years?:nono:

I had a feeling it would drag on, and that's why I stopped watching in season 3

LG Cinema Screen 47LM7600
Pioneer VSX-1120
X1 unit and yes it's Comcastic
Comcast Triple Play

#3 OFFLINE   spartanstew

spartanstew

Dry as a bone

• Registered
  • 12,427 posts
  • LocationWylie, Texas

Posted 10 March 2011 - 09:20 PM

Wait, what?

They still haven't explained how he met there mother after all these years?:nono:

Nope, haven't explained it, but no big deal.

It's not really even the point of the show any more (and hasn't been for along time). They could change the name to something else and it would still be a really good comedy.

Glad to see it's renewed for two more years.

I'm sure Directv can't wait to get their hands on your unit.

Directv customer since 2000

#4 OFFLINE   sigma1914

sigma1914

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 13,800 posts
  • LocationAllen, TX

Posted 10 March 2011 - 09:21 PM

Wait, what?

If they say who it is, then the show would lose its unpredictability.
If you stop responding to them or put them on ignore, then eventually they'll go away.

#5 OFFLINE   cj9788

cj9788

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 1,659 posts

Posted 10 March 2011 - 09:28 PM

I love HIMYM and really do not care who the mother is. All we really know is she is sporting that yellow umbrella. The show IMO is awesome. The dopplegangers, slapsgiving, even the death of marshals dad was good TV. I have laughed so hard while watching this show. And at the jokes made about it. For example family guy took a shot at HIMYM's narrator Bob Saget. Peter said something to the effect " He is a grown man are we to believe that when he gets old he will sound like bob sagget?"

The show even makes fun of it when they have a scene set in the future Ted has grey hair but he does not sound like bob saget.

#6 OFFLINE   Dario33

Dario33

Godfather

• Registered
  • 486 posts

Posted 11 March 2011 - 01:10 PM

Glad its been renewed :up:

#7 OFFLINE   Joe Bernardi

Joe Bernardi

Legend

• Registered
  • 113 posts

Posted 11 March 2011 - 02:02 PM

Yay! I enjoy the show, and LOVE Cobie Smulders!

spam firewall