Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

blackberry vs android...

zatznotfunny

• Please log in to reply
125 replies to this topic

#121 OFFLINE   Shades228

Shades228

Hall Of Fame

• Banned User
  • 5,914 posts

Posted 02 April 2011 - 01:18 PM

Not really.

Most people saw the handwriting on the wall for Symbian.

Windows Mobile = PocketPC - Microsoft hobby.

Maybe in the US but outside of the US Symbian was king and really for Android to overtake it was surprising for many.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#122 OFFLINE   klang

klang

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,268 posts
  • LocationNear Houston, TX

Posted 14 April 2011 - 09:26 AM

Guess we'll find out when it actually comes out...if it's true.

And the reviews are coming in.

Case of Codependency

#123 ONLINE   hdtvfan0001

hdtvfan0001

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 31,805 posts

Posted 14 April 2011 - 09:31 AM

And the reviews are coming in.

Case of Codependency

Those very same reviews indicate the gaps will be closed this summer.
DBSTalk CHAT ROOM MODERATOR
DirecTV Customer Since 1996

#124 OFFLINE   BattleZone

BattleZone

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 8,969 posts

Posted 18 April 2011 - 11:55 AM

Sell Research In Motion. NOW.

The writing is on the wall...

Commercial & Residential Satellite System Design & Installation
DirecTV, Dish Network & Free-To-Air

#125 ONLINE   hdtvfan0001

hdtvfan0001

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 31,805 posts

Posted 18 April 2011 - 01:04 PM

Sell Research In Motion. NOW.

The writing is on the wall...

An interesting piece for sure.

Not sure any writing is on the way...as something unfinished has as much chance to be altered (for competitive purposes) as anything else. The Blackpad could easily change its firmware to compete with other tablets if that's their intent.

RIM's historical business application leadership might cause them to look to an alternative strategic plan for business-only application. They've owned that space to date.

Comparing an iPad to a Blackpad is like comparing any other consumer vs business differentiators - different needs, different applications. iPads are forbidden in our Fortune 500 company, whereas Blackberry is the corporate communications standard. iPads are viewed as a consumer-only product in many businesses, including virtually all of our own 1100 clients.

They have different markets and serve different purposes. They also feature different security and other criteria for deployment. In contrast, Andoid devices might have a play in the business world.

It's another wait and see more than anything else.
DBSTalk CHAT ROOM MODERATOR
DirecTV Customer Since 1996

#126 OFFLINE   Sixto

Sixto

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 12,022 posts

Posted 18 April 2011 - 02:27 PM

Almost every single day, I go from "keep Blackberry" to "ditch Blackberry" and back again ... on and on ... really do ... everyday ... :)

Right now I'm probably in the "keep" category, but that may change in an hour. :)

The reason for the constant state of flux, is that I keep discovering new information ...

My blackberry is absolutely perfect, perfect, for e-mail, calendar, address book, and BBM/texting ... it's the other stuff that's that problem.

And I keep finding out little nit things that aren't as good on the iPhone, as an example the Blackberry can see how many new and unread e-mails there are before you unlock it, the iPhone can't, and there are others.

Back and forth, and back and forth I go ...

The one constant is that the iPad is perfect for my needs, so that ain't changing. :)

And in a way, the iPad may be the answer why I keep my Blackberry, or maybe not ... decisions, decisions ... especially when the Bold Touch and Touch ship ... :)
DirecTV: Genie, H25, CCK, GenioGo, SWiM-16 & SWiM-8, DECA to Gigabit Switch with FiOS (75/35)
FiOS: Roamio Pro's (2), Roamio Plus, Mini's (4) with Ultimate HD (My Roamio Thoughts)

Protected By... spam firewall...And...