Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of DBSTalk by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Can you suspend your Dish acount for the summer

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   max1

max1

Godfather

• Registered
  • 386 posts

Posted 11 March 2011 - 09:39 PM

Hey, all, I was wanting to know if you can suspend your Dish account for the summer and then start it up again in the fall. We hardly watch tv in summer. Just wondering max.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   MaryB@DishNetwork

MaryB@DishNetwork

Godfather

• DISH Representative
  • 359 posts

Posted 11 March 2011 - 10:00 PM

Hi max1, we at Dish Network do offer a Dish Pause service which can be used up to 6 months in a 12 month rolling period. The account will be billed $5.00 while on pause. If there is a commitment on the account, it would pause that as well and the commitment period would not resume till the account is restarted. Please let me know if you need any assistance with this!! Have a good night!

Mary Catherine Brady
Team Lead- Dish Internet Response Team

Sunday, Tuesday-Thursday 3:30pm-12:00am, Monday 11:30am-8:00pm (MST)

#3 OFFLINE   tampa8

tampa8

Godfather/Supporter

• Registered
  • 1,788 posts

Posted 12 March 2011 - 04:38 AM

Will Dish allow you to keep whatever package or A La Carte you had if it no longer exists when you unpause? (Unless no one is grandfathered from it)

I ask because my In-Laws did a pause with Fios, when they resumed they were forced to get a higher package, because the old one was no longer offered. After I told them to ask, they were specifically told it was not allowed to be grandfathered for people on pause...

#4 OFFLINE   max1

max1

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 386 posts

Posted 12 March 2011 - 10:48 AM

Ok thanks Mary, that's nice to know we can do that. I may do that for a few months this summer. Summer is usually a down time for tv so will see.

spam firewall