Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Please help ith my MRV/Networking setup

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   Alebob911

Alebob911

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,575 posts
  • LocationCERES,CA

Posted 14 March 2011 - 12:41 AM

OK. We just need to connect that adaptor to you router and you'll have internet access. I'm reading up on the routers now. Give me a minute.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#22 OFFLINE   Alebob911

Alebob911

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,575 posts
  • LocationCERES,CA

Posted 14 March 2011 - 12:52 AM

This is what I was talking about doing with 2 routers. http://en-us-support...eless repeating
The routers you have do not support this.

Your best bet is to use powerline adaptors or the wireless bridge. One of those options connected to the broadband adaptor with get the internet to your DECA "cloud" and provide the internet to all of your connected receivers.

#23 OFFLINE   Alebob911

Alebob911

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,575 posts
  • LocationCERES,CA

Posted 14 March 2011 - 12:53 AM

Do any of the other receivers have a hardwire ethernet connection near them that goes back to your router?

#24 OFFLINE   iowaberg

iowaberg

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 287 posts

Posted 14 March 2011 - 12:57 AM

This is what I was talking about doing with 2 routers. http://en-us-support...eless repeating
The routers you have do not support this.

Your best bet is to use powerline adaptors or the wireless bridge. One of those options connected to the broadband adaptor with get the internet to your DECA "cloud" and provide the internet to all of your connected receivers.

Gotcha. Any particular wireless bridge I should consider? Even if I get a bridge, I would still be able to connect to my current one or not?

#25 OFFLINE   iowaberg

iowaberg

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 287 posts

Posted 14 March 2011 - 12:57 AM

Do any of the other receivers have a hardwire ethernet connection near them that goes back to your router?

No, they do not.

#26 OFFLINE   Alebob911

Alebob911

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,575 posts
  • LocationCERES,CA

Posted 14 March 2011 - 01:02 AM

I use NETGEAR or LINKSYS products. I like the NETGEAR one I linked too earlier. Whatever bridge you get will connect to your current Belkin router. All you have to do is setup the bridge with your SSID and security info and then it will connect to your router. Its pretty easy. Then you'll be good to go.

Gotcha. Any particular wireless bridge I should consider? Even if I get a bridge, I would still be able to connect to my current one or not?

#27 OFFLINE   Alebob911

Alebob911

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,575 posts
  • LocationCERES,CA

Posted 14 March 2011 - 01:08 AM

Here is the linksys one but if you need more than 1 port, you'll need a switch to connect other things to it.

http://homestore.cis...ksys_bridge_all

#28 OFFLINE   iowaberg

iowaberg

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 287 posts

Posted 14 March 2011 - 09:25 AM

Actually, I think this would work, right?

http://www.amazon.co...cp_ob_e_title_2

#29 OFFLINE   Alebob911

Alebob911

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,575 posts
  • LocationCERES,CA

Posted 14 March 2011 - 09:32 AM

Yes that looks like it should work.

spam firewall