Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

"Breakout Kings" on A&E

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   phrelin

phrelin

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 13,386 posts
  • LocationNorthern California Redwoods

Posted 14 March 2011 - 12:16 AM

We decided to watch the first episode of "Breakout Kings" recorded from A&E to see whether to bother to record the second episode tonight. Much to my surprise we both liked it.

Anyone else watch it?

"In a hundred years there'll be a whole new set of people."
"Always poke the bears. They sleep too much for their own good."

"If you're good enough, they'll talk about you." - Tom Harmon
A GEEZER who remembers watching TV in 1951 and was an Echostar customer from 1988 to 2008, now a Dish Network customer.
My AV Setup
My Slingbox Pro HD Experience
My Blog: The Redwood Guardian

#2 OFFLINE   Rangers94

Rangers94

AllStar

• Registered
  • 65 posts

Posted 14 March 2011 - 01:37 AM

So far it seems to be a decent show, will get intresting next week when Robert Knepper reprises his role as tbag from Prison Break.

#3 OFFLINE   The Merg

The Merg

1*

• Registered
  • 10,253 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 14 March 2011 - 06:09 AM

So far it seems to be a decent show, will get intresting next week when Robert Knepper reprises his role as tbag from Prison Break.

I missed the Pilot, so I need to wait till Saturday to record it again, but I did record it last night. That will be an interesting episode. I wonder how A&E got Fox to allow that... Or is Fox actually making the series?

- Merg

Today's problems don't worry me, I haven't solved yesterday's yet.

SlimLine-3 Dish w/ SWM16 (HD Service / WHDVR) / Full Setup
HR34-700 / Panasonic TC-P50G25 HDTV / HDMI / Networked - DECA / Family Room
HR44-700 / Samsung HCM5525W HDTV / Component / Networked - DECA / Bedroom

HR24-100 / Samsung HCM5525W HDTV / Component / Networked - DECA / Bedroom

#4 OFFLINE   Rangers94

Rangers94

AllStar

• Registered
  • 65 posts

Posted 14 March 2011 - 06:45 AM

I missed the Pilot, so I need to wait till Saturday to record it again, but I did record it last night. That will be an interesting episode. I wonder how A&E got Fox to allow that... Or is Fox actually making the series?

- Merg

Fox order the show but passed it over for Lonestar, which they canceled after 2 eps. The Producers shoped it to other networks & A&E picked it up. I believe some of the creators of Prison Break are behind this, thuss that's how he is able to reprise his role.

#5 OFFLINE   The Merg

The Merg

1*

• Registered
  • 10,253 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 14 March 2011 - 07:57 AM

Fox order the show but passed it over for Lonestar, which they canceled after 2 eps. The Producers shoped it to other networks & A&E picked it up. I believe some of the creators of Prison Break are behind this, thuss that's how he is able to reprise his role.

Interesting... Can't wait till this weekend to have a mini-marathon then...

- Merg

Today's problems don't worry me, I haven't solved yesterday's yet.

SlimLine-3 Dish w/ SWM16 (HD Service / WHDVR) / Full Setup
HR34-700 / Panasonic TC-P50G25 HDTV / HDMI / Networked - DECA / Family Room
HR44-700 / Samsung HCM5525W HDTV / Component / Networked - DECA / Bedroom

HR24-100 / Samsung HCM5525W HDTV / Component / Networked - DECA / Bedroom

#6 OFFLINE   Bluto17

Bluto17

Legend

• Registered
  • 138 posts

Posted 14 March 2011 - 07:59 AM

I caught the pilot. I liked it. I think the choice of Domenick Lombardozzi for the Zancanelli role was a good one, based on what he did on 'The Wire'.

Season pass is set.

#7 OFFLINE   Dario33

Dario33

Godfather

• Registered
  • 486 posts

Posted 15 March 2011 - 09:32 AM

I think it's pretty decent. I liked Prison Break and am looking forward to seeing T-Bag again.

#8 OFFLINE   oldschoolecw

oldschoolecw

HarpoonIPA

• Registered
  • 1,497 posts
  • LocationHalifax, MA

Posted 15 March 2011 - 03:29 PM

Watched both and liked both and kind of a cool concept for a show

LG Cinema Screen 47LM7600
Pioneer VSX-1120
X1 unit and yes it's Comcastic
Comcast Triple Play

#9 OFFLINE   phrelin

phrelin

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 13,386 posts
  • LocationNorthern California Redwoods

Posted 15 March 2011 - 03:53 PM

We watched the second episode last night. It is a good show so far.

And for those who haven't seen it, while the "Prison Break" folks created it, "Breakout Kings" is about a U.S. Marshal using a team of cons to capture escapees. It's sort of "Chase" meets "White Collar" except the cons are not "white collar" criminals and there's only one Marshal though the lead con is an ex-cop.

Fox paid for the pilot but didn't pick it up. So the producers shopped it around and A&E ordered a season. One of the cast members moved on during this time but was kind enough to appear briefly in episode 2.

"In a hundred years there'll be a whole new set of people."
"Always poke the bears. They sleep too much for their own good."

"If you're good enough, they'll talk about you." - Tom Harmon
A GEEZER who remembers watching TV in 1951 and was an Echostar customer from 1988 to 2008, now a Dish Network customer.
My AV Setup
My Slingbox Pro HD Experience
My Blog: The Redwood Guardian

#10 OFFLINE   Jaspear

Jaspear

Godfather

• Registered
  • 393 posts

Posted 21 March 2011 - 12:04 PM

We watched the second episode last night. It is a good show so far.

And for those who haven't seen it, while the "Prison Break" folks created it, "Breakout Kings" is about a U.S. Marshal using a team of cons to capture escapees. It's sort of "Chase" meets "White Collar" except the cons are not "white collar" criminals and there's only one Marshal though the lead con is an ex-cop.

Fox paid for the pilot but didn't pick it up. So the producers shopped it around and A&E ordered a season. One of the cast members moved on during this time but was kind enough to appear briefly in episode 2.

I had all three episodes lined up to watch last night - made it through the pilot and half of episode one before I hit "delete". I couldn't connect with the characters. They were all unlikeable. I can see why Fox passed.

Also, A&E's content editing and deplorable practice of starting one show before the previous one ends didn't help my enjoyment quotient.

Never made it to T-Bag.:)
"A proof is a proof. What kind of a proof? It's a proof. A proof is a proof. And when you have a good proof, it's because it's proven."

Jean Chrétien, Prime Minister of Canada, 1993 - 2003.

spam firewall