Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Doctor Who - Returns April 23rd

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#26 OFFLINE   Art7220

Art7220

Godfather

• Registered
  • 337 posts

Posted 25 May 2011 - 01:07 AM

This week's episode on BBCA will be delayed one week.

ETA: The BBC broadcast isn't affected, according to the .co.uk site. Expect mass downloads this Saturday.

Edited by Art7220, 25 May 2011 - 01:17 AM.

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#27 OFFLINE   Maruuk

Maruuk

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,951 posts

Posted 28 May 2011 - 07:23 PM

Finally got sick of watching this in SD on D* so I rigged up my iPad to my TV and watch the D/Ls from iTunes in HD. HUGE difference. Amy in HD--she's bigger on the inside.

#28 OFFLINE   Drucifer

Drucifer

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 8,601 posts
  • LocationNY Hudson Valley

Posted 28 May 2011 - 07:57 PM

This week's episode on BBCA will be delayed one week.

ETA: The BBC broadcast isn't affected, according to the .co.uk site. Expect mass downloads this Saturday.

Had me scratching my head earlier.

DREW
Do it Right, Do it Once
LR: HR34-700, Bsm: HR24-100, Den HR24-200, MB: HR24-500, Kit: H25-500
PrimeStar '95, DirecTV  '00

#29 OFFLINE   Art7220

Art7220

Godfather

• Registered
  • 337 posts

Posted 27 August 2011 - 10:55 AM

Dr. Who BBC1 LiveStream deleted.

Edited by Art7220, 24 September 2011 - 11:09 AM.

#30 OFFLINE   Art7220

Art7220

Godfather

• Registered
  • 337 posts

Posted 06 September 2011 - 12:06 AM

Re: 5-25 message. My head wasn't in the right place. Just noticed that.

Yes, I like the show too.

#31 OFFLINE   Maruuk

Maruuk

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,951 posts

Posted 27 September 2011 - 12:06 PM

Can somebody explain what's going on? Are they about to kill off this actor after next week's show when they kill him off? That's not a spoiler since the show has been dealing with his future and inevitable demise all season. But does this have to do with Matt Smith leaving the show? Hate to lose Amy Pond, but they seem to be dumping her as well.

#32 ONLINE   ronton3

ronton3

AllStar

• Registered
  • 87 posts

Posted 27 September 2011 - 08:51 PM

I am a long time Dr fan but I am not so fond of this current mess. ron

#33 OFFLINE   RunnerFL

RunnerFL

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 16,324 posts

Posted 27 September 2011 - 08:55 PM

Can somebody explain what's going on? Are they about to kill off this actor after next week's show when they kill him off? That's not a spoiler since the show has been dealing with his future and inevitable demise all season. But does this have to do with Matt Smith leaving the show? Hate to lose Amy Pond, but they seem to be dumping her as well.

Well if you watched the first episode of the season you see that when he gets killed he doesn't have time to regenerate so I doubt this is about getting rid of Matt Smith.
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

#34 OFFLINE   Maruuk

Maruuk

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,951 posts

Posted 27 September 2011 - 09:04 PM

So it's the end of the entire franchise?

#35 OFFLINE   Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon

Excellent Adventurer

• Moderators
  • 20,553 posts
  • LocationKittrell, NC

Posted 27 September 2011 - 09:31 PM

So it's the end of the entire franchise?

No...

They are just going to pull a stunt, do an end-around and undo that event, and call it clever.

Count me amongst the longtime (all the way back to 1963 episodes) fan that likes the actor Matt Smith, but does not like the tone and plot (or lack thereof) of the recent series.

-- !rotaredoM mA eM

What I do when I'm not here

#36 OFFLINE   Maruuk

Maruuk

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,951 posts

Posted 28 September 2011 - 12:42 AM

Hm, did a little research and it looks like it's maybe coming back next year with Smith, but with a limited number of eps because the producer is working on a Sherlock Holmes series at the same time. BBC is being very cagey about committing to anything here.

Also the publicly announced (no spoiler, it's out there) teaser from the BBC about this Sat's finale tells us that "a tardis regular will die in the first 20 minutes."

Well, we already SAW the doctor die at the lake in a previous ep so how can it be him? Please make it Rory! Can't stand that guy, a total zero, and he ruins all the sexual tension between doc and Amy.

Also, in this last ep, weren't they awfully clear that Amy loves the doc and wants to marry HIM and that Rory was just this douchebag-in-waiting, a weak consolation prize? "Stop waiting, Amy!" and all that. Of course the doc is married to Amy's daughter...awk-ward.

#37 OFFLINE   xmguy

xmguy

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,937 posts
  • LocationMiddle, TN

Posted 02 October 2011 - 02:57 PM

Count me in the line of people that DO NOT like Moffett's writing or Matt's acting. I think Matt could be better if it were not for Steven Moffett's terrible writing. So hard to comprehend the story lines. I'll continue to watch however. It's like watching a car wreck. It's a terrible thing to watch but you can't stop.

1 HR44, 2 HR24s, SWiM 16, SL3 LNB, (CCK) Broadband DECA. DirecTV Subscriber since 2008.

#38 OFFLINE   Maruuk

Maruuk

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,951 posts

Posted 02 October 2011 - 04:22 PM

I agree--the plotlines and story logic are often baffling or so odd they barely make sense. If they don't bring Amy back I am so outa here.

#39 OFFLINE   RunnerFL

RunnerFL

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 16,324 posts

Posted 02 October 2011 - 08:23 PM

Count me in the line of people that DO NOT like Moffett's writing or Matt's acting.

The problem isn't Moffat's writing, he's been writing for Doctor Who since the show came back in 2005 and no one has complained until now. The problem is Matt Smith. I'm not a fan of his. It might help if maybe he took som Ritalin or something. He's too spastic.
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

#40 OFFLINE   Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon

Excellent Adventurer

• Moderators
  • 20,553 posts
  • LocationKittrell, NC

Posted 03 October 2011 - 12:08 AM

Moffat only wrote a handful of episodes before taking over as showrunner for series 5 onward. The episodes he wrote before were better, in my opinion, because he didn't have complete control... he had a showrunner that reigned him in from going too off the rails.

But now that Moffat runs the show... not only are his episodes off the rails, but he isn't holding back the other writers either... so everybody gets a free for all.

As for Matt Smith... I honestly think he has been working his butt off to save the poor scripts. Without Smith, I wouldn't keep watching. Seriously. he and Arthur Darville (Rory) save some of the horrible plotlines with their acting on the show. Karen is pretty, but she is just sort of there and really doesn't get much to do except stand and look pretty most of the time...

I found myself increasingly losing interest over the course of this series.

I kind of wish they would change up the showrunner, but I fear Matt Smith might go as well... and I like him, I just don't like the direction of the show since Moffat has taken over.

Probably the worst aspect of the show is how clever it *thinks* it is... which makes it like an annoying person you know that not only is wrong BUT is arrogant in his wrongness... that's Doctor Who now... it constantly yells from the TV "look at me, I'm clever" whilst not being clever at all.

-- !rotaredoM mA eM

What I do when I'm not here

#41 OFFLINE   Maruuk

Maruuk

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,951 posts

Posted 03 October 2011 - 01:13 AM

It's like running into a Mensa member at a party and they start solving unsolicited complex word puzzles for you. Dr. Who gets killed by Amy's daughter who is actually Dr. Who's wife in a spacesuit in a lake. Dr. Who...who cares?

Amy can stand around looking pretty in those skimpy skirts all she likes.

River...ugh.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...