Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Remote Question

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   dwr11

dwr11

Mentor

• Registered
  • 30 posts

Posted 17 March 2011 - 09:05 AM

I have a H22 receiver (located downstairs in my homebase) that is hooked up to 5 TV's. One of the TV's that it is hooked up to is a HD TV. I have the DIRECTV remote for that TV set to IR (it sends the signal through some extra CAT6 that I had run when we built the house and it works perfectly. My question is can I have my DIRECTV remotes set to RF on the other TV's so they will work too or is it an all IR or all RF thing for each receiver? Thanks in advance for any help.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Vin

Vin

Legend

• Registered
  • 224 posts

Posted 17 March 2011 - 10:47 AM

My question is can I have my DIRECTV remotes set to RF on the other TV's so they will work too or is it an all IR or all RF thing for each receiver? Thanks in advance for any help.

Nope, it's one or the other.
Vin

#3 OFFLINE   mjwagner

mjwagner

Icon

• Registered
  • 521 posts

Posted 17 March 2011 - 09:08 PM

Not sure this will work for your application but DTV remotes, when set to RF, do output both IR and RF at the same time. As an example, I use a DTV remote to control a TV behind my bar using IR to control the TV and RF to control the DTV rcvr, which is in another room, at the same time.

Sent from my iPad using DBSTalk
Mark

HR34-700, Epson PowerLite Pro Cinema 1080 UB Projector
HR21-200, Samsung UN-60ES8000
C31, Samsung PN-42A450
H25-700, Samsung LN-S3296D

#4 OFFLINE   hasan

hasan

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,862 posts
  • LocationOgden, IA

Posted 21 March 2011 - 09:09 AM

Not sure this will work for your application but DTV remotes, when set to RF, do output both IR and RF at the same time. As an example, I use a DTV remote to control a TV behind my bar using IR to control the TV and RF to control the DTV rcvr, which is in another room, at the same time.

Sent from my iPad using DBSTalk

I'm not quite sure I'd put it that way. It's not that they put out RF and IR simultaneously (at the same time), but sequentially (one after the other). When set to RF mode, the remote only puts out RF to the sat box, it does not send the same sat box commands in IR, they are disabled.

What actually happens is the non-sat commands are always sent IR, no matter whether the remote is set to RF or IR, while the all commands are sent IR (both sat box and other devices), if the remote is set to IR mode.

...hasan, N0AN

SlimLine5-SWiMLNB/DECA/WHDVR
HR44-700, WD20EURX 2 TB eSATA/ThermalTake Max 5 Enclosure

HR24-200, WD20EVDS 2 TB eSATA/ThermalTake Dock

HR24-200, H21-200. Samsung UN60C6400 60" LED/LCD

DirecTV since 1995

Protected By... spam firewall...And...