Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

The Jimmer Fredette Show

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Game Fan

Game Fan

Baseball Is Life

• DBSTalk Club
  • 739 posts

Posted 19 March 2011 - 07:57 PM

I'm not a BYU fan, but this young man is sure fun to watch. :)

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#2 OFFLINE   kiknwing

kiknwing

Godfather

• Registered
  • 498 posts
  • LocationOgden, UT

Posted 19 March 2011 - 08:15 PM

Oh no, the one place that I could escape jimmer mania is gone.

#3 OFFLINE   sigma1914

sigma1914

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 14,130 posts
  • LocationAllen, TX

Posted 19 March 2011 - 08:15 PM

He's another Adam Morrison & Tyler Hansbrough...in 5 years you'll never hear of him. He's a great college player, but too undersized to be a shooting guard & isn't really a point guard at the next level. I hope he succeeds, but I doubt it.
If you stop responding to them or put them on ignore, then eventually they'll go away.

#4 OFFLINE   Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon

Excellent Adventurer

• Moderators
  • 19,915 posts
  • LocationKittrell, NC

Posted 19 March 2011 - 08:30 PM

He's another Adam Morrison & Tyler Hansbrough...in 5 years you'll never hear of him. He's a great college player, but too undersized to be a shooting guard & isn't really a point guard at the next level. I hope he succeeds, but I doubt it.

I don't know...

Adam Morrison has been a disappointment in the pros... because of his size, it was reasonable to think he would translate to being a good pro... but he seems to have fallen flat for the moment.

Tyler Hansbrough would be hard to classify as a disappointment, to me, though.. Hansbrough was almost never the most talented kid on the court in college. What he was, however, was good AND very determined. Nobody outworked Hansbrough when he was in college... so you always got 100% of what Hansbrough had vs usually <100% of his opponents... so he won a lot more than he lost on pure effort and moxy.

In the pros, though, at his position you need more athletic prowess than Tyler has... so for the moment he isn't going to be a rock star compared to others more skilled at his position. He's always going to be a guy you want to have around though...

Whereas Morrison seems to mope when things aren't going well... Hansbrough will keep pushing through and will help bring others up instead of dragging them down.

So back to Fredette... since he is a guard, he still has a shot... because there are some smaller point guards in the pros who do well if they are fast and can shoot. Fredette has range, so you have to guard him or he will keep stepping back until he gets open! He also is muscular enough to make up a little for his size vs larger pro guards.

A lot of it (as always) will depend on who drafts him... but someone who needs a point guard would do well to take him.

-- Respect the S.H.I.E.L.D.

#5 OFFLINE   sigma1914

sigma1914

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 14,130 posts
  • LocationAllen, TX

Posted 19 March 2011 - 08:42 PM

Can he be an NBA point guard? He needs to improve his ball handling a lot.
If you stop responding to them or put them on ignore, then eventually they'll go away.

#6 OFFLINE   kiknwing

kiknwing

Godfather

• Registered
  • 498 posts
  • LocationOgden, UT

Posted 19 March 2011 - 09:07 PM

A lot of it (as always) will depend on who drafts him... but someone who needs a point guard would do well to take him.

Lets see, I know of a place where they have two NBA lottery entry's, just traded a guard, and would automatically be a fan favorite...

#7 OFFLINE   kikkenit2

kikkenit2

Icon

• Registered
  • 674 posts

Posted 19 March 2011 - 09:35 PM

Lets see, I know of a place where they have two NBA lottery entry's, just traded a guard, and would automatically be a fan favorite...

UTAH JAZZ!! They just got that other young white guy who isn't tearing it up. When I was an Idaho State Bengal back in the 70's your Weber State Wildcats were the team to beat. I lived in SLC during the stocton/malone era and still root for them.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...