Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

New series The KILLING on AMC

• Please log in to reply
71 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   oldschoolecw

oldschoolecw

HarpoonIPA

• Registered
  • 1,513 posts
  • LocationHalifax, MA

Posted 21 March 2011 - 04:31 PM

Looks like AMC has another winner coming

http://www.amctv.com...-killing/about/
premiere on Sun., Apr. 3 at 9PM | 8C

AMC has begun production on the network's next original series, The Killing. From writer, executive producer and series showrunner Veena Sud (Cold Case), The Killing is based on the wildly successful Danish television series Forbrydelsen and tells the story of the murder of a young girl in Seattle and the subsequent police investigation. Season one will consist of thirteen one-hour episodes and will debut with a 2 hour premiere on Sun., Apr. 3 at 9PM | 8C.

The Killing ties together three distinct stories around a single murder including the detectives assigned to the case, the victim's grieving family, and the suspects. Set in Seattle, the story also explores local politics as it follows politicians connected to the case. As the series unfolds, it becomes clear that there are no accidents; everyone has a secret, and while the characters think they've moved on, their past isn't done with them.

The Killing stars Mireille Enos (Big Love) as Sarah Linden, the lead homicide detective that investigates the death of Rosie Larsen; Billy Campbell (Once and Again) as Darren Richmond, Seattle's City Council President and now running for Mayor; Joel Kinnaman (Snabba Cash) as Stephen Holder, an ex-narc cop who joins the homicide division in the investigation to find Rosie's killer; Michelle Forbes (True Blood) as Rosie's mother, Mitch Larsen; and Brent Sexton (W., In the Valley of Elah) as Rosie's father, Stan Larsen. The pilot is directed by Patty Jenkins (Monster).

Filmed in Vancouver, The Killing is produced by Fox Television Studios and executive produced by Mikkel Bondesen (Burn Notice) for Fuse Entertainment. Fuse's Kristen Campo co-produces. AMC’s Joel Stillerman, senior vice president of original programming, production and digital content, Susie Fitzgerald, senior vice president of scripted development and current programming and Jason Fisher, senior vice president of production oversee production of the series for the network.

LG Cinema Screen 47LM7600
Pioneer VSX-1120
X1 unit and yes it's Comcastic
Comcast Triple Play

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   olguy

olguy

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,234 posts

Posted 21 March 2011 - 07:03 PM

Is this supposed to be a full blown series or a mini-series I wonder? I mean, one murder to investigate and then what? And even though AMC seems to be doing Walking Dead right I how they gave up on Rubicon.
Just another old geezer killin' time till time kills me.

#3 OFFLINE   Supramom2000

Supramom2000

In Loving Memory of Onyx-2/23/09

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,511 posts
  • LocationColbert, WA

Posted 21 March 2011 - 10:01 PM

It is supposed to be one day of the investigation per episode. TV Guide has a write up on it and really likes it.

"But the freedom that they fought for, and the country grand they wrought for, is their monument today, and for aye." "This nation will remain the land of the free only so long as it is the home of the brave."

My Setup

#4 OFFLINE   yosoyellobo

yosoyellobo

Icon

• Registered
  • 1,964 posts

Posted 22 March 2011 - 12:45 PM

Looking forward to it. Now if we can get AMC in HD.

#5 OFFLINE   oldschoolecw

oldschoolecw

HarpoonIPA

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 1,513 posts
  • LocationHalifax, MA

Posted 23 March 2011 - 11:18 AM

Yes, this looks like a great new series:)
You still don't have it in HD:nono: I made the switch from D to E a few months ago, but thought D would have added AMC HD by now. sorry

Pioneer VSX-1120
Comcast Triple Play

#6 OFFLINE   Steve

Steve

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 22,660 posts

Posted 23 March 2011 - 11:50 AM

Pardon my French, but it really sucks we'll have to endure watching another promising new show in SD at this stage of the game. Maybe we'll be pleasantly surprised by an announcement to the contrary in the next 10 days?
/steve

#7 OFFLINE   The Merg

The Merg

1*

• Registered
  • 10,268 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 24 March 2011 - 08:48 AM

Added to my SL...

- Merg

Today's problems don't worry me, I haven't solved yesterday's yet.

SlimLine-3 Dish w/ SWM16 (HD Service / WHDVR) / Full Setup
HR34-700 / Panasonic TC-P50G25 HDTV / HDMI / Networked - DECA / Family Room
HR44-700 / Samsung HCM5525W HDTV / Component / Networked - DECA / Bedroom

HR24-100 / Samsung HCM5525W HDTV / Component / Networked - DECA / Bedroom

#8 OFFLINE   danmarcoux

danmarcoux

• Registered
  • 5 posts

Posted 25 March 2011 - 09:42 AM

I'll give it a shot - AMC has done well enough with their series that i'll try just about anything they put out. I do agree that it would be nice to be able to watch these shows in HD, though.

#9 OFFLINE   yosoyellobo

yosoyellobo

Icon

• Registered
  • 1,964 posts

Posted 04 April 2011 - 11:09 AM

As Charlie Sheen would say "Winner".

#10 OFFLINE   spartanstew

spartanstew

Dry as a bone

• Registered
  • 12,495 posts
  • LocationWylie, Texas

Posted 04 April 2011 - 12:06 PM

Liked it A LOT.

(wish it was in HD though)

I'm sure Directv can't wait to get their hands on your unit.

Directv customer since 2000

#11 OFFLINE   oldschoolecw

oldschoolecw

HarpoonIPA

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 1,513 posts
  • LocationHalifax, MA

Posted 04 April 2011 - 02:02 PM

http://tvbythenumber...n-viewers/88172

The 9-11p premiere of AMC’s The Killing averaged 2.7 million viewers, and 4.7 million viewers for the night with the two encores that aired (11p-1am, and 1a-3a).

Not shabby, and second only to The Walking Dead (albeit by a wide margin, The Walking Dead premiere averaged 5.3 million viewers in its initial telecast) as far as AMC premieres go. Still trying to dig up 18-49 but here is the blurb via AMC:

Very good news

Pioneer VSX-1120
Comcast Triple Play

#12 OFFLINE   pfp

pfp

Whatever

• Registered
  • 1,557 posts

Posted 04 April 2011 - 02:12 PM

Pardon my French, but it really sucks we'll have to forgo watching another promising new show because it's only delivered to us in SD at this stage of the game. Maybe we'll be pleasantly surprised by an announcement to the contrary in the next 10 days?

fixed
I do, I offer a complete and utter retraction. The imputation was totally without basis in fact, and was in no way fair comment, and was motivated purely by malice, and I deeply regret any distress that my comments may have caused you, or your family, and I hereby undertake not to repeat any such slander at any time in the future.

#13 OFFLINE   spartanstew

spartanstew

Dry as a bone

• Registered
  • 12,495 posts
  • LocationWylie, Texas

Posted 04 April 2011 - 02:16 PM

fixed

Refusing to watch a good show because it's not in HD is ridiculous. What did you do 5 years ago? Not watch TV? Do you ever travel and find yourself in a hotel? What do you do? Sit in bed and read magazines?

I'm sure Directv can't wait to get their hands on your unit.

Directv customer since 2000

#14 OFFLINE   Supramom2000

Supramom2000

In Loving Memory of Onyx-2/23/09

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,511 posts
  • LocationColbert, WA

Posted 04 April 2011 - 03:13 PM

Wow that was an amazing show! No splashy computer crap, no fabulously techy CSI stuff, no amazing revelations pulled out of the air. Just wonderful acting and amazing plots and sincerely moving characters.

LOVED IT!

"But the freedom that they fought for, and the country grand they wrought for, is their monument today, and for aye." "This nation will remain the land of the free only so long as it is the home of the brave."

My Setup

#15 OFFLINE   Laxguy

Laxguy

Never say 'never'.

• DBSTalk Club
  • 13,274 posts
  • LocationWinters, CA, between Napa and Sacramento

Posted 04 April 2011 - 04:05 PM

Looks like the pilot will air again at 6 this Thursday, followed by ep. called "The Cage" at 7.... Maybe HD by then! :nono2:

Look forward to it.
"Laxguy" means a guy who loves lacrosse.

#16 OFFLINE   The Merg

The Merg

1*

• Registered
  • 10,268 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 04 April 2011 - 04:34 PM

Haven't even watched a half hour of the pilot, but I can definitely see me getting caught up in this. It does seem like they might be pushing some things a little quickly, but I can live with that in the pilot.

@Sharon: I definitely agree with you. This show kind reminds me of Durham County. Nothing flashy... Just a well scripted and well acted mystery drama.

- Merg

Sent from my iPod touch using DBSTalk

Today's problems don't worry me, I haven't solved yesterday's yet.

SlimLine-3 Dish w/ SWM16 (HD Service / WHDVR) / Full Setup
HR34-700 / Panasonic TC-P50G25 HDTV / HDMI / Networked - DECA / Family Room
HR44-700 / Samsung HCM5525W HDTV / Component / Networked - DECA / Bedroom

HR24-100 / Samsung HCM5525W HDTV / Component / Networked - DECA / Bedroom

#17 OFFLINE   Indiana627

Indiana627

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,177 posts

Posted 04 April 2011 - 08:31 PM

We just finished watching it and we both thought it was great. My wife actually stayed awake the entire 2 hours, so that proves it's good. Just wish it was in HD for us on D*.
Mark

"We named the dog Indiana."
Family Room: HR24-100; WD10EVCS 1TB drive in Antec MX-1; connected via HDMI to Denon AVR-2313CI; 5.1 setup with Boston Acoustics A250 fronts, A225C center, A25 surrounds, ASW650 sub; video to Sony 52W4100 via HDMI; hardwired to Linksys WRT54G
Bedroom: HR21-200 with AM21 & Philips PHDTV1 Antenna, HDMI to Dynex 32" TV; hardwired to Linksys WRT54G
(1) Slimline 3 LBN dish (2 lines direct to each HR2x. No multiswitch.)
D* since January 2003

#18 OFFLINE   pfp

pfp

Whatever

• Registered
  • 1,557 posts

Posted 05 April 2011 - 02:58 PM

Refusing to watch a good show because it's not in HD is ridiculous. What did you do 5 years ago? Not watch TV? Do you ever travel and find yourself in a hotel? What do you do? Sit in bed and read magazines?

There is more than enough for me to watch in HD that I don't need to add anything in SD to my viewing.
I do, I offer a complete and utter retraction. The imputation was totally without basis in fact, and was in no way fair comment, and was motivated purely by malice, and I deeply regret any distress that my comments may have caused you, or your family, and I hereby undertake not to repeat any such slander at any time in the future.

#19 OFFLINE   Laxguy

Laxguy

Never say 'never'.

• DBSTalk Club
  • 13,274 posts
  • LocationWinters, CA, between Napa and Sacramento

Posted 05 April 2011 - 03:53 PM

There is more than enough for me to watch in HD that I don't need to add anything in SD to my viewing.

Just to be argumentative, does that mean you have no need for additional HD as well? Or would you pine for more HD?

(I do, even though my viewing queue is generally generous.)
"Laxguy" means a guy who loves lacrosse.

#20 OFFLINE   pfp

pfp

Whatever

• Registered
  • 1,557 posts

Posted 05 April 2011 - 03:59 PM

Just to be argumentative, does that mean you have no need for additional HD as well? Or would you pine for more HD?

(I do, even though my viewing queue is generally generous.)

I would definitely like more HD channels such as AMC. There are a few shows on AMC I would give a shot if the channel was available to me in HD. However, it's not and therefore AMC does not exist to me.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...