Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

HBO GO on 922

usb

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Bill L

Bill L

Mentor

• Registered
  • 43 posts

Posted 24 March 2011 - 08:53 AM

Can you access HBO Go directly on the 922 or will you have to see it on a computer only? If yes, how do you do it?

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   TommyF@DISH Network

TommyF@DISH Network

Legend

• DISH Representative
  • 132 posts
  • LocationLittleton, CO

Posted 24 March 2011 - 10:01 AM

HBO Go is only viewable via internet. The 922 wouldn't be able to bring that in directly. Reason being is it's an online service from HBO rather than a TV service.

Tommy Faust
Social Media Representative
Sunday-Wednesday 6:00a-5:00p (MST)

#3 OFFLINE   Bill L

Bill L

Mentor

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 43 posts

Posted 24 March 2011 - 10:10 AM

Tommy

Thanks for the replay. It would be real nice to have that on VOD in the future.

Bill

#4 OFFLINE   TommyF@DISH Network

TommyF@DISH Network

Legend

• DISH Representative
  • 132 posts
  • LocationLittleton, CO

Posted 24 March 2011 - 10:12 AM

I agree with ya there about being nice on VOD. We'll have to wait and see where it goes first though :(

Tommy Faust
Social Media Representative
Sunday-Wednesday 6:00a-5:00p (MST)

#5 OFFLINE   356B

356B

Icon

• Registered
  • 901 posts
  • LocationNorthern California

Posted 24 March 2011 - 10:24 AM

HBO Go is only viewable via internet. The 922 wouldn't be able to bring that in directly. Reason being is it's an online service from HBO rather than a TV service.

I assume you are referring to "Dish Online" (not Sling), I can't even see my personal guide menu (Dish Online).......I get a header but a blank listings area......it's been off and on for months.......
Thank you and
Best of luck

#6 OFFLINE   tampa8

tampa8

Godfather/Supporter

• Registered
  • 1,843 posts

Posted 24 March 2011 - 02:13 PM

No that isn't what he meant. HBO GO is an online - meaning by going to the HBO site - way to get HBO. It is offered to subscribers of HBO but only if you get HBO from certain carriers. Dish is not one of those carriers. I can only assume there is some sort of charge to the carrier to allow their subscribers to go to HBO.com get HBO GO.

#7 OFFLINE   TonyT@DISH Network

TonyT@DISH Network

Legend

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmatio
  • 111 posts

Posted 24 March 2011 - 06:06 PM

I assume you are referring to "Dish Online" (not Sling), I can't even see my personal guide menu (Dish Online).......I get a header but a blank listings area......it's been off and on for months.......

I know that DISHOnline has been hit and miss lately, but we have discovered some things that may help. Is it currently acting up to where I can figure out the best approach to take in correcting it? Can you screen shot it?
Anthony Thomas
DISH Network Customer Service
2:45PM to 11:15PM Sunday-Thursday

#8 OFFLINE   356B

356B

Icon

• Registered
  • 901 posts

Posted 24 March 2011 - 10:42 PM

I know that DISHOnline has been hit and miss lately, but we have discovered some things that may help. Is it currently acting up to where I can figure out the best approach to take in correcting it? Can you screen shot it?

This is what I see.....just a header above a blank page, every once in a while it works.....not lately though. What's weird is my DVR recordings show up normally, always have.

Attached Thumbnails

• guide 1.jpg

Thank you and
Best of luck

#9 OFFLINE   TonyT@DISH Network

TonyT@DISH Network

Legend

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmatio
  • 111 posts

Posted 24 March 2011 - 11:01 PM

I have seen some intermittent issues with the DISHOnline. That being said, I believe I can help. I PM'd you the details, and if you are willing I will try it and see what we get.
Anthony Thomas
DISH Network Customer Service
2:45PM to 11:15PM Sunday-Thursday

#10 OFFLINE   356B

356B

Icon

• Registered
  • 901 posts

Posted 24 March 2011 - 11:13 PM

I have seen some intermittent issues with the DISHOnline. That being said, I believe I can help. I PM'd you the details, and if you are willing I will try it and see what we get.

Thank you, I'll do as you suggested and let you know.
Thank you and
Best of luck

#11 OFFLINE   Paul Secic

Paul Secic

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 6,154 posts

Posted 30 March 2011 - 11:11 AM

Can you access HBO Go directly on the 922 or will you have to see it on a computer only? If yes, how do you do it?

What is HBO Go?

Enjoying AT 250 HBO, 

Equipment: VIP 722 reciever

#12 OFFLINE   sigma1914

sigma1914

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 14,087 posts
  • LocationAllen, TX

Posted 30 March 2011 - 11:15 AM

What is HBO Go?

Basically, the ability to watch HBO's vast library on demand at a computer.
If you stop responding to them or put them on ignore, then eventually they'll go away.

#13 OFFLINE   coolman302003

coolman302003

2014 NBA CHAMPIONS!

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,409 posts

Posted 30 March 2011 - 11:47 PM

Dish is not one of those carriers.

Looks like there is limited testing going on now for DISH Subscribers. It is also in Beta for 2 cable companies.

http://www.satellite...hbo-go-url.html

List of networks with HD VOD content available on DIRECTV   DIRECTV Customer Service Live Online Chat (available from 8am-1am ET)   DIRECTV Regional Sports Network (RSN) fee lookup tool (zip code required)

DIRECTV Premium Channel Pricing: 1=$13.99 ($17.99 for HBO) | 2=$25 ($30 with HBO) | 3=$35 ($40 with HBO) | 4=$43 ($48 with HBO) | All 5=$55 per month 

My Setup: 5-LNB SlimLine with SWM-16 | HR44-700 w/AM-21N | HR24-200 | H25-100 | H25-100 | C41-500

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: usb

Protected By... spam firewall...And...