Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
* * * * - 2 votes

TV Reminders

• Please log in to reply
1039 replies to this topic

#81 OFFLINE   The Merg

The Merg

1*

• DBSTalk Club
  • 10,274 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 09 May 2011 - 09:01 AM

The Closer, July 11, 2011

Final season.

- Merg

Today's problems don't worry me, I haven't solved yesterday's yet.

SlimLine-3 Dish w/ SWM16 (HD Service / WHDVR) / Full Setup
HR34-700 / Panasonic TC-P50G25 HDTV / HDMI / Networked - DECA / Family Room
HR44-700 / Samsung HCM5525W HDTV / Component / Networked - DECA / Bedroom

HR24-100 / Samsung HCM5525W HDTV / Component / Networked - DECA / Bedroom

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#82 OFFLINE   BobaBird

BobaBird

EKB Editor

• Registered
  • 4,022 posts

Posted 12 May 2011 - 09:27 AM

Disaster Date
Season Premier
MTV
May 16

Big Brother
Season Premier
CBS
July 7
Charles @dishuser - a dynamic employee of Massive Veridian
Visit the EchoStar Knowledge Base
"The other guys charge $9.95/month to use tapeless record" - Dish Network Tech Forum, 8-6-01
"dual" is NOT the same as "Twin" - here's why

#83 OFFLINE   RobertE

RobertE

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 8,024 posts

Posted 12 May 2011 - 03:40 PM

Disaster Date
Season Premier
MTV
May 16

Big Brother
Season Premier
CBS
July 7

Added
Have an Error or Diagnostic code? Find out what it means and how to fix it here: Click Me
Having issues with your HD locals? Report them here: Click Me
Is your receiver compatible with MRV? Check Here

#84 OFFLINE   RobertE

RobertE

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 8,024 posts

Posted 14 May 2011 - 06:16 PM

Rookie Blue MOVED to June 23 from June 16 on ABC.
Have an Error or Diagnostic code? Find out what it means and how to fix it here: Click Me

#85 OFFLINE   RobertE

RobertE

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 8,024 posts

Posted 14 May 2011 - 06:18 PM

Expedition Impossible Series Premier June 23 ABC

“Expedition Impossible” features 13 teams of three racing in a fun expedition across vast deserts, over snow capped mountains and through raging rivers in the beautifully exotic, fabled Kingdom of Morocco. Each week a new stage of the expedition will be revealed to the teams. Will they crumble under the pressure of having to think clearly in the wilds of the great outdoors, or will they find a way to work together to complete the expedition? After 10 stunning legs of competition with drama, comedy and great characters, one team will cross the finish line first to claim victory. Each winning team member will receive $50,000 ($150,000 total for the team) as well a new Ford Explorer. Adventurer, zoologist, big cat trainer and all around risk taker Dave Salmoni hosts.

#86 OFFLINE   anubys

anubys

Godfather

• Registered
  • 432 posts

Posted 15 May 2011 - 12:13 PM

For those that may not know, if you click on the TV Shows tab at the top of the screen a calendar will come up with all of the shows we know about. Click on the show and you will get the option of getting a reminder for it too. It's a pretty cool little tool.

can I change the default reminder (it's currently 1 hour)?
DVR Equipment:
1 HR20-100
2 HR21-100 (each upgraded to 1 TB)
2 HR22-100 (each upgraded to 1 TB)
AM21 hooked up to one HR21

#87 OFFLINE   spartanstew

spartanstew

Dry as a bone

• Registered
  • 12,497 posts
  • LocationWylie, Texas

Posted 15 May 2011 - 01:19 PM

can I change the default reminder (it's currently 1 hour)?

No.

I'm sure Directv can't wait to get their hands on your unit.

Directv customer since 2000

#88 OFFLINE   RobertE

RobertE

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 8,024 posts

Posted 16 May 2011 - 01:27 PM

Switched At Birth - ABC Family - Series Premier - June 6 9/8c

Switched at Birth, a one-hour scripted drama, tells the story of two teenage girls who discover they were accidentally switched as newborns in the hospital. Bay Kennish grew up in a wealthy family with two parents and a brother, while Daphne Vasquez, who lost her hearing at an early age due to a case of meningitis, grew up with a single mother in a working-class neighborhood. Things come to a dramatic head when both families meet and struggle to learn how to live together for the sake of the girls.

Switched at Birth stars newcomer Katie Leclerc as Daphne Vasquez; Vanessa Marano (Gilmore Girls) as Bay Kennish; Constance Marie (George Lopez) as Regina Vasquez; D.W. Moffett (Friday Night Lights) as John Kennish; Lea Thompson (Back to the Future, Caroline in the City) as Kathryn Kennish; and Lucas Grabeel (High School Musical) as Toby Kennish.

Lizzy Weiss (Blue Crush), Paul Stupin (Make It or Break It) and John Ziffren (Melissa & Joey, Make It or Break It) serve as executive producers.

Pretty Little Liars - ABC Family - Summer Premier - June 14 8/7c

Rosewood is a perfect little town. So quiet and pristine, you'd never guess it holds so many secrets. Some of the ugliest ones belong to the prettiest girls in town -- Aria, Spencer, Hanna and Emily, four estranged friends whose darkest secrets are about to unravel.

One year ago, Alison, the Queen Bee of their group, disappeared and the girls swore they'd never tell what really happened that night. They thought their secrets would bond them together, but just the opposite is true. Then again, who's to say what the truth is in Rosewood. It seems everyone in town is lying about something.

Now, as the mystery surrounding Alison's disappearance resurfaces, the girls begin getting messages from "A," saying – and threatening – things only Alison would know. But it couldn't be Alison. Could it? Whoever it is, they seem to know all the girls' secrets, and seem to be watching their every move. The girls are friends again, but will they be there for each other if their dark secrets come to light?

The Nine Lives of Chloe King - ABC Family - Series Premier - June 14 9/8c

In the one-hour scripted drama The Nine Lives of Chloe King, Chloe King is looking forward to celebrating her birthday with her friends and single mother, just like every other year…that is until she starts developing heightened abilities and discovers she's being pursued by a mysterious figure. Chloe soon learns she's part of an ancient race which has been hunted by human assassins for millennia —and that she may be their only hope for ultimate survival. The Nine Lives of Chloe King will be executive produced by Dan Berendsen (Camp Rock 2: The Final Jam, Sabrina the Teenage Witch, Hannah Montana: The Movie) and John Ziffren (Melissa & Joey, Make It or Break It) with Alloy Entertainment's Leslie Morgenstein (Pretty Little Liars, Gossip Girl, The Vampire Diaries) and Gina Girolamo. The drama is based on the book series The Nine Lives of Chloe King by Liz Braswell. The series will star Skyler Samuels (The Gates) as Chloe King; Amy Pietz (The Office, Caroline in the City) as Meredith King; Grey Damon (True Blood, Friday Night Lights) as Brian; newcomer Grace Phipps as Amy; Benjamin Stone (10 Things I Hate About You) as Alek; Alyssa Diaz (Southland) as Jasmine; and Ki Hong Lee (The Secret Life as the American Teenager) as Paul.

#89 OFFLINE   RobertE

RobertE

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 8,024 posts

Posted 16 May 2011 - 01:33 PM

Gettysburg - History Channel - Premier - May 30 9/8c

It's the summer of 1863, more than two years into our nation's devastating Civil War, and the stakes have never been higher. The Confederate Army of Northern Virginia, led by Robert E. Lee, crosses into Pennsylvania. Trailed by the Union's Army of the Potomac, Lee's 75,000-strong army heads toward Harrisburg, but the forces meet instead near Gettysburg, a quiet farm town that would become synonymous with the epic battle that all but decided the outcome of the American Civil War. For three long days, the two sides clashed in one of the war's bloodiest engagements to decide the ultimate question: Would the United States of America survive?

Executive produced by Ridley and Tony Scott, GETTYSBURG strips away the romanticized veneer of the Civil War to present the pivotal Battle of Gettysburg in a new light--a visceral, terrifying and deeply personal experience, fought by men who put everything on the line in defense of their vision of the American future. Cinematic in scope, GETTYSBURG is an information-packed look at the turning points, strategic decisions, technology and little-known facts surrounding the battle. Developed in collaboration with highly esteemed Civil War historians, GETTYSBURG reflects hundreds of individual accounts of the battle--the unique voices of struggle, defeat and triumph that tell the larger story of a bitterly conflicted nation.

***There was preview for this befor Thor. For Civil war buffs, this looks like a can't miss event.***

#90 OFFLINE   RobertE

RobertE

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 8,024 posts

Posted 17 May 2011 - 11:24 AM

Ice Road Truckers - Season 5 Premier - June 5- History Channel - 9/8c

The polar bear is back. :D

#91 OFFLINE   RobertE

RobertE

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 8,024 posts

Posted 17 May 2011 - 02:48 PM

Combat Hospital - Series Premier - ABC

Set in a hospital inspired by the Role 3 Multinational Medical Unit (MMU) at Kandahar Airfield in Afghanistan, Combat Hospital charts the frantic lives of the hospital’s resident doctors and nurses from Canada, America, the UK and other allied countries. This candid, entertaining and sometimes brutal series follows Canadian trauma surgeon Rebecca Kincaid as she experiences relentless life and death battles on the surgeon’s table that transcend politically-charged stereotypes and is confronted with making the tough decisions that come with the realities of frontline medicine

Combat Hospital is a joint production of Canada’s Sienna Films and the UK’s Artists Studio with Carrie Stein at 3 Arts Entertainment and Simon Vaughan at Lookout Point heading up international sales. Executive Producers are Jennifer Kawaja and Julia Sereny for Sienna Films (The Cry of the Owl—with BBC Films, MACT Productions, Diamonds—CBC/ABC, with Buffalo Gal Pictures, Alchemy Television and Philo Films, How She Move—Paramount Vantage/MTV Films/Mongrel Media), Gub Neal, Justin Thompson-Glover and Patrick Irwin for Artists Studio; Executive Producer/ Showrunner Dan Petrie Jr. will head up the writing room on the show originally created by Jinder Chalmers and Douglas Steinberg.

KQrw_vrEc_g

#92 OFFLINE   spartanstew

spartanstew

Dry as a bone

• Registered
  • 12,497 posts
  • LocationWylie, Texas

Posted 17 May 2011 - 05:36 PM

Combat Hospital - Series Premier - ABC

June 21

I'm sure Directv can't wait to get their hands on your unit.

Directv customer since 2000

#93 OFFLINE   phrelin

phrelin

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 13,556 posts
  • LocationNorthern California Redwoods

Posted 18 May 2011 - 12:16 AM

The Protector
Series Premier
Lifetime
6/12/2011

"In a hundred years there'll be a whole new set of people."
"Always poke the bears. They sleep too much for their own good."

"If you're good enough, they'll talk about you." - Tom Harmon
A GEEZER who remembers watching TV in 1951 and was an Echostar customer from 1988 to 2008, now a Dish Network customer.
My AV Setup
My Slingbox Pro HD Experience
My Blog: The Redwood Guardian

#94 OFFLINE   phrelin

phrelin

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 13,556 posts
  • LocationNorthern California Redwoods

Posted 18 May 2011 - 12:29 AM

The Hot Zone
Series Premier
ABC
6/21/11

Per the posts above, this apparently has been renamed by ABC as "Combat Hospital" even though IMDb and the Futon Critic still list it as "The Hot Zone."

"In a hundred years there'll be a whole new set of people."
"Always poke the bears. They sleep too much for their own good."

"If you're good enough, they'll talk about you." - Tom Harmon
A GEEZER who remembers watching TV in 1951 and was an Echostar customer from 1988 to 2008, now a Dish Network customer.
My AV Setup
My Slingbox Pro HD Experience
My Blog: The Redwood Guardian

#95 OFFLINE   RobertE

RobertE

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 8,024 posts

Posted 18 May 2011 - 06:47 AM

The Protector
Series Premier
Lifetime
6/12/2011

Added

Per the posts above, this apparently has been renamed by ABC as "Combat Hospital" even though IMDb and the Futon Critic still list it as "The Hot Zone."

Looks like they ended up keeping the Canadian name.

#96 OFFLINE   RobertE

RobertE

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 8,024 posts

Posted 23 May 2011 - 09:21 AM

VOLTRON FORCE™ , PREMIERING JUNE 16, 8:30 PM (ET/PT) on Nicktoons.

NEW YORK – May 23, 2011 – Nicktoons, the fastest growing kids’ network, brings the iconic franchise Voltron™ to a new generation with the brand new animated series, Voltron Force™. The series will launch as a commercial-free presentationof the 90-minute movie, “Voltron Force: New Defenders Trilogy,” Thursday, June 16, at 8:30 p.m. (ET). The half-hour series, which features an all-new theme song produced and recorded by Grammy Award®-winning producer and artist Swizz Beatz, follows the adventures of a new class of recruits as they join forces with the original team to fight evil by forming Voltron, the legendary super robot. The first original Voltron content in 10 years, this new iteration from World Events Productions in association with Classic Media and Kickstart Productions will feature never-before-seen Voltron configurations when the team’s Lions unite. The series will regularly air Thursdays at 8:30 p.m. (ET) on Nicktoons.

“Voltron Force stays true to the concepts that made the original such a

http://nicktoons.nic...s/voltron-force

#97 OFFLINE   djzack67

djzack67

Icon

• Registered
  • 899 posts

Posted 25 May 2011 - 10:17 AM

Looking forward to new Torchwood on Starz
Waiting for
BBCA HD

#98 OFFLINE   trh

trh

This Space for Sale

• Registered
  • 3,394 posts
  • LocationNE FL

Posted 30 May 2011 - 02:53 PM

Whale Wars
Season 3 Premier
APL
June 4

Animal Planet changed the premier date from June 4th to June 3rd (Friday).
It is already showing up in my "To Do List" on June 3rd.
And although it doesn't make any difference, I believe this is season 4.
Whale Wars

#99 OFFLINE   RobertE

RobertE

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 8,024 posts

Posted 30 May 2011 - 03:45 PM

Animal Planet changed the premier date from June 4th to June 3rd (Friday).
It is already showing up in my "To Do List" on June 3rd.
And although it doesn't make any difference, I believe this is season 4.
Whale Wars

Updated

#100 OFFLINE   Henry

Henry

Retired Member

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,276 posts
  • LocationPine, CO

Posted 31 May 2011 - 11:58 AM

Whale Wars a day early? How cool is that?

And hopefully the last season for the Japanese whale hunt.
VIP722kDVR (Living Room)
VIP211 (Bedroom)
VIP622DVR (Art Room)

DMA 18 (Denver)

Protected By... spam firewall...And...