Welcome to DBSTalk
Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
- Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
- Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
- Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
- Customize your profile page and make new friends
iPhone 3G Dish app ands freezing
Posted 26 March 2011 - 01:11 PM
1) There are both the Dish Remote Access app (free) and the Sling App ($30) in the itunes app store. Which is preferred or works better with 922? (I think i read that the Dish app replaced the Sling app for the 922)
2) I have an iPhone 3G model and using the Dish Remote Access iphone app, I get a lot of screen freezing even on my local wifi. I may just need to upgrade my in house network speed. Same problem over 3G network though. Is this common or possibly just my old model phone?
3) Watching online on my home PC I also get freezing and sputtering mostly on any quality above Good and sometimes on Better. The streaming speed on my PC Sling screen can go up to 7MB but HD quality will not play without major sputtering.
My Internet connection speed usually tests at 15Mb down and 2.5Mb up
Admittedly my home network is a mess. My cable modem goes to a netgear router which goes to a 10/100 hub to the receiver
||...Ads Help To Support This Site...||
Posted 26 March 2011 - 06:03 PM
I believe the last updates to the SlingPlayer app disabled support for the 922... so I think the only option now is to use the free Dish Remote Access app... which frankly is better than having to pay (unless you already have).
On the other front...
Your network speed sounds sufficient... Is it possible that you are doing other things that are slowing down your network? I know sometimes I have a PC in another room that is downloading something like an O/S update that I don't know about and is slowing down things.
What firmware on your iPhone? I have an iPad, iPhone 3G, and iPhone 4... I found that the iPhone 3G ran MUCH SLOWer when it went to iOS 4.x than it had with 3.x... and I honestly can't say that I've tried Slinging on my iPHone 3G since getting the iPhone 4 and iPad anyway.
-- !rotaredoM mA eM
Posted 27 March 2011 - 01:24 AM
Should I even be expecting flawless HD streaming on my home network from 922 to a PC? It seems like it should for the price.
Posted 27 March 2011 - 08:32 AM
I'll have to try my old iPhone 3G and see if I have similar experiences to you. I know my iPad and iPhone 4 seemed fine last I was aware... so I'm leaning now towards it just being the older 3G phone being slow.
I can tell a HUGE difference just turning on my iPhone 3G vs my iPhone 4... much less running graphic/cpu-intensive apps... so I wouldn't be surprised to find that the 3G just can't handle it anymore.
Are you having the same experience on SD vs HD channels? and have you tried changing the quality settings (I seem to remember some settings) on the iPhone playback?
-- !rotaredoM mA eM
Posted 27 March 2011 - 04:21 PM
Thanks for the help on this