Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Open work order to activate DTV Recievers????

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   ben4715

ben4715

AllStar

• Registered
  • 55 posts

Posted 27 March 2011 - 09:18 PM

I install for a local DTV retailer and occasionally we have customers who don't qualify for a free upgrade, so they pay the one time lease fee for new RCVRS and my company sends me out to install them. Over the last 6 weeks or so I've had increasing difficulty getting these new boxes activated due to "No open work order." Apparently DTV is instating this new policy to avoid fraud. Understandable.

My problem is that my retailer says that they cannot open a work order for upgrades, only new installs. Is this a problem with their contract with DTV or should we stop doing upgrades?? Any thoughts would be appreciated.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   kcaudiofx

kcaudiofx

Legend

• Registered
  • 147 posts

Posted 27 March 2011 - 09:25 PM

I install for a local DTV retailer and occasionally we have customers who don't qualify for a free upgrade, so they pay the one time lease fee for new RCVRS and my company sends me out to install them. Over the last 6 weeks or so I've had increasing difficulty getting these new boxes activated due to "No open work order." Apparently DTV is instating this new policy to avoid fraud. Understandable.

My problem is that my retailer says that they cannot open a work order for upgrades, only new installs. Is this a problem with their contract with DTV or should we stop doing upgrades?? Any thoughts would be appreciated.

I am a Retailer myself, Dealers honestly get the shaft when they do upgrades, the pay is HORRIBLE! I am surprised your retailer is even doing it and paying you to do so, either way, sounds like your retailer isn't signed up for the "Dealer Upgrade Program" where he/she can make the work order for such upgrade, and I don't blame him/her one bit. I myself don't do many upgrades, but when I do, I usually have no problem activating new receivers on an existing account, I just explain what I am doing on the account, sometimes they ask to speak to the customer sometimes not..

#3 OFFLINE   ben4715

ben4715

AllStar

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 55 posts

Posted 27 March 2011 - 09:40 PM

Thats how it used to be, but lately all I hear is "Sorry, no open work order." Eventually I can get it activated when I get the right CSR.

#4 OFFLINE   matt

matt

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,858 posts

Posted 27 March 2011 - 11:20 PM

From time to time I'll sell a new lease IRD. A customer called me the other day saying they wouldn't activate it without the order number. I just had him go around it by calling the access card distribution team and playing dumb. I told him to tell them you bought the receiver off amazon and would like to activate it and they did without a problem.
Slimline 5 with SWM-16
Wireless DECA
HR34-700!
R22-200 Leased
Owned H25-700 and H24-700 off and packed for the move.

DIRECTV subscriber since Nov. 2009

#5 OFFLINE   rrdirectsr

rrdirectsr

Legend

• Registered
  • 177 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 10:41 AM

Not to go into detail but what you need to do is get the customer on the line with the agent and they can verify some account info to get the box activated. Hope this helps.

#6 OFFLINE   matt

matt

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,858 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 02:21 PM

In my case it was the customer calling.
Slimline 5 with SWM-16
Wireless DECA
HR34-700!
R22-200 Leased
Owned H25-700 and H24-700 off and packed for the move.

DIRECTV subscriber since Nov. 2009

#7 OFFLINE   rrdirectsr

rrdirectsr

Legend

• Registered
  • 177 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 04:22 PM

In my case it was the customer calling.

Yeah unfortunately the rules are sometimes misinterpreted by different agents I guess but all we have to do is verify a couple pieces of information and we can easily add a receiver to the account. Like I've said in a few threads before this it's disappointing to read when someone doesn't do what they are supposed to do. It makes everyone's lifes harder.

#8 OFFLINE   ben4715

ben4715

AllStar

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 55 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 08:14 PM

Used to be the CSR would ask to speak to the customer (every time) after I identified myself and what I needed. I even offer to put the customer on the line and still no go. I would like to point out that I DO understand this new policy. Too much fraud going on. I give my Dealer ID # and my SBCA Cert #, what else can I do? We simply cannot open a work order on add-on equipment.

#9 OFFLINE   Shades228

Shades228

Hall Of Fame

• Banned User
  • 5,914 posts

Posted 30 March 2011 - 12:09 PM

Used to be the CSR would ask to speak to the customer (every time) after I identified myself and what I needed. I even offer to put the customer on the line and still no go. I would like to point out that I DO understand this new policy. Too much fraud going on. I give my Dealer ID # and my SBCA Cert #, what else can I do? We simply cannot open a work order on add-on equipment.

Your company needs to sign up to be able to do this if you want to do it this way. I'm guessing that you're company is charging to do the installation. The customer can always place an installation order for $49 and you can complete it this way.

#10 OFFLINE   SaLance

SaLance

AllStar

• Registered
  • 65 posts

Posted 04 April 2011 - 01:31 PM

Did you identify yourself as a retailer or a technician? A lot of retailer's tech will just tell D* they are techs which leads to the assumption that its a O&O or HSP tech, which follows the hard rule of "You HAVE to have a work order." If you explain your situation and they still refuses or refer you to your local office, then request access card team or a supervisor, they'll straighten you out
My thought and Opinions on this forum are my own and do not represent D*'s thoughts and Opinions

spam firewall