Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

HR24-100 HDMI Issue

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   ddprele

ddprele

• Registered
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 March 2011 - 07:25 PM

I've had this unit for roughly 6 months with no issues.

Today, I turned the related components on as usual and only received audio.

Currently, I have an HDMI cable directly from the unit to the TV (Panasonic TC-P50G25) and a toslink connection to my Sony receiver.

I switched to my DVD player to confirm video and that was fine. I cold booted my DirecTV receiver and still had audio but no video. I tried my (obviously working) DVD HDMI cable and various HDMI inputs on my TV with the same result. I set it to use only 720p, changing DirecTV channels, and turning the TV off and on a few times with the same result. I then used a composite video cable from my DirecTV receiver to the TV and I had picture. I switched the cables between HDMI and composite with reboots, but only received picture from the composite. The firmware version is 0x459.

Any ideas on why I suddenly only have picture with a composite cable?

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   The Merg

The Merg

1*

• Registered
  • 10,265 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 29 March 2011 - 07:58 PM

Well, I have exact same receiver and TV as you and have not had any issue with my HDMI connection. You state that you are using TOSLink to your Sony receiver. Is that where you are getting sound or are you getting sound through your TV as well? It is possible that your HDMI port has failed on the HR24.

If the HDMI port has failed, you might have to work hard to get it replaced. Some CSR's will tell you that a failed HDMI port is not a reason for a replacement. I don't think that's true. Some arguments you can make are that you want to rent 1080p PPV and VOD and need HDMI for that. You can also state that you only have available HDMI inputs on the TV.

BTW, :welcome_s to DBSTalk!

- Merg

Today's problems don't worry me, I haven't solved yesterday's yet.

SlimLine-3 Dish w/ SWM16 (HD Service / WHDVR) / Full Setup
HR34-700 / Panasonic TC-P50G25 HDTV / HDMI / Networked - DECA / Family Room
HR44-700 / Samsung HCM5525W HDTV / Component / Networked - DECA / Bedroom

HR24-100 / Samsung HCM5525W HDTV / Component / Networked - DECA / Bedroom

#3 OFFLINE   The Merg

The Merg

1*

• Registered
  • 10,265 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 29 March 2011 - 08:04 PM

Shoot. Just saw that you state you only had video for the composite hook up.

Are you sure that you were using the composite output on the HR24 and not the component output? If you used only three cables with the component output, you might have only hooked up the video ports and not the audio as component uses 5 cables.

So to clarify... with HDMI you only have audio... with composite you only have video... correct?

- Merg

Today's problems don't worry me, I haven't solved yesterday's yet.

SlimLine-3 Dish w/ SWM16 (HD Service / WHDVR) / Full Setup
HR34-700 / Panasonic TC-P50G25 HDTV / HDMI / Networked - DECA / Family Room
HR44-700 / Samsung HCM5525W HDTV / Component / Networked - DECA / Bedroom

HR24-100 / Samsung HCM5525W HDTV / Component / Networked - DECA / Bedroom

Protected By... spam firewall...And...