Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

The Masters

• Please log in to reply
104 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   trdrjeff

trdrjeff

Icon

• Registered
  • 779 posts

Posted 31 March 2011 - 03:06 PM

DIRECTV Brings Its ‘A’ Game to Augusta with More Masters Coverage than Ever Before

Expanded Six-Channel HD Package of ESPN and CBS Coverage Includes Extra Featured Group Channel, Extended Hours of Coverage and 24-hour Interactivity – Only on DIRECTV

Press Release Source: DIRECTV On Wednesday March 30, 2011, 12:21 pm EDT

EL SEGUNDO, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- DIRECTV has stepped up its game for the 2011 Masters Tournament, offering viewers more coverage than ever before with two new channels – including a second “featured group” channel – and extended hours of coverage.

The DIRECTV interactive television application also aims for the pin with expanded player stats, on-demand links directly to the previous day’s highlights and a spectacular video tour of every hole of the stunning Augusta National Golf Club.

DIRECTV will lead into Tournament coverage, which begins April 7 and runs through April 10, with a series of broadcasts of the 2010 Official Masters film (premiering March 31) and the 2011 Masters Preview show (debuting April 3) on its exclusive The 101® Network, along with all video highlights and a course tour on DIRECTV On Demand. DIRECTV will also air 3D coverage from all days of the Tournament on ESPN 3D (Channel 106). For details on all Masters Tournament coverage, visit www.directv.com/masters.

“We’re excited that the Masters has given us another opportunity to thrill golf fans with the most interactive and immersive TV viewing experience ever,” said Derek Chang, executive vice president, Content Strategy and Development, DIRECTV. “For our new ‘Masters Mosaic’ we’ve enhanced the most popular features, like the Mix Channel, ‘featured group’ and player stats to give fans an unforgettable four days of watching golf’s most prestigious tournament.”

DIRECTV’s Masters Mosaic (channels 701-707) combines ESPN’s and CBS Sports’ live coverage of the Tournament with interactive links to more video, scores and stats that offer golf fans the best way to follow all the action.

And for the first time, DIRECTV’s interactive application will be available 24 hours a day so fans can keep track of the Leader Board and players’ scorecards anytime they want during the 72-hole tournament.

New features this year include:

* The Masters Mix Channel – sports a new design and fresh graphics, and has two more channels that will offer fans six views of the Tournament: the main ESPN/CBS feed; two featured group channels; Amen Corner; holes 15 and 16; and “Masters in Depth,” along with a continuously running leader board featuring live tee times, scoring and leaders’ locations on the course.
* Additional Featured Group Channel – lets viewers “walk the course” each day with more of the world’s best golfers as they vie for the coveted green jacket. Every extra channel of coverage will be fully produced with its own announcers.
* Masters In-depth Channel – enhanced this year with a live broadcast featuring exclusive interviews with players, live updates of rounds in progress and press room cut-ins.
* Expanded coverage – DIRECTV and ESPN viewers will receive a bonus hour of coverage on Thursday and Friday.
* Player stats – available on demand and shows how each player is performing against the course and the field, including greens hit in regulation, driving distance and putting average.
HR20-100
Sharp 52" LCD 1080p
Yamaha YSP Sound Projector fed with Optical
Harmony 700

HR22-100
32" Samsung LED New School

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   hdtvfan0001

hdtvfan0001

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 32,045 posts

Posted 31 March 2011 - 03:12 PM

Great News!

Looks like my HD DVRs are going to get a pretty good workout this year. :D
DBSTalk CHAT ROOM MODERATOR
DirecTV Customer Since 1996

#3 OFFLINE   Richierich

Richierich

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 8,477 posts

Posted 31 March 2011 - 04:53 PM

Looking forward to it as I will probably be there on Tuesday for the Practice Round.

I look forward to going over to Augusta every year because it is the Most Pristine Piece Of Real Estate on Planet Earth.

You can't even find trash behind the restrooms or anywhere you would normally expect to find debris so I guess everyone respects this magnificent place and acts accordingly.

If you have never been there then you need to put it on your Bucket List!!!
DIRECTV CUSTOMER SINCE 1997
Here's My Setup

#4 OFFLINE   wilbur_the_goose

wilbur_the_goose

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,413 posts

Posted 31 March 2011 - 05:44 PM

And in 3D too!

#5 OFFLINE   Richierich

Richierich

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 8,477 posts

Posted 31 March 2011 - 05:50 PM

And in 3D too!

But I Don't Have A 3D TV!!!

BAH HUMBUG!!! :nono2:

Okay get out the Wishlist and Put on it 3DTV!!!
Here's My Setup

#6 OFFLINE   raott

raott

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,144 posts

Posted 31 March 2011 - 05:56 PM

Good stuff. Cannot wait.
SONY KDS-55A3000 and a couple of Vizios; SWM16; HR34 NR; HR22 NR; HR20-700 NR; H23-600 NR; R22 NR

#7 OFFLINE   n3ntj

n3ntj

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,708 posts

Posted 01 April 2011 - 08:10 AM

Looking forward to the D* coverage of the Masters next week!
HD Snob - "Friends Don't Let Friends Watch Cable".
Electrical/RF Engineer & Inspector
DirecTV Equipment: HR24-200, HR24-100, 5LNB Slimline, AM21, SWiM 8 installed (MRV)
HR-2x Configuration: Native OFF. Units OFF when not in use.
TVs: 2 Panasonic Plasma TV's each using HDMI (one 1080p/one 720p)
DirecTV customer since 1998. Plus HD DVR package w/ NHL Center Ice & MLB Extra Innings.
OTA Antenna: Homebrew UHF & VHF antennas w/ 30dB amplifier fed w/ RG-6 Quad-shield coax.

#8 OFFLINE   Laxguy

Laxguy

Fortuna! Fameux des Halles

• DBSTalk Club
  • 13,008 posts
  • LocationWinters, California

Posted 01 April 2011 - 08:27 AM

You can't even find trash behind the restrooms or anywhere you would normally expect to find debris so I guess everyone respects this magnificent place and acts accordingly.

If you have never been there then you need to put it on your Bucket List!!!

It probably helps to have a staff of hundreds, as well. ! It does sound like a good candidate for the list.
"Laxguy" means a guy who loves lacrosse.

#9 OFFLINE   wilbur_the_goose

wilbur_the_goose

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,413 posts

Posted 01 April 2011 - 10:54 AM

I attended 2 practice rounds of the '05 Masters. It's definitely bucket-list material.

I much prefer minimalistic golf course architecture, but there's no doubt that Augusta National is full of extraordinary beauty. Amazing too, because across the street is pretty much plain jane stip-mall territory.

#10 OFFLINE   Maruuk

Maruuk

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,951 posts

Posted 01 April 2011 - 01:33 PM

We know that Golf Channel is Full-HD (1080i) and CBS is Full-HD. But this ESPN involvement scares me as they are in HD-LITE. Hopefully we'll go from Golf Channel Thurs & Fri right into CBS on the weekend with no Blur-O-Vision from ESPN anyplace.

So used to Tiger ALWAYS being the "featured" golfer it'll be weird to see some no-names in that slot. That feature is now useless to me as I could care less about the no-names til Sunday when the pressure is on.

#11 OFFLINE   Richierich

Richierich

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 8,477 posts

Posted 01 April 2011 - 04:17 PM

We know that Golf Channel is Full-HD (1080i) and CBS is Full-HD. But this ESPN involvement scares me as they are in HD-LITE. Hopefully we'll go from Golf Channel Thurs & Fri right into CBS on the weekend with no Blur-O-Vision from ESPN anyplace.

Every time you Post about Blur-O-Vision I am Elated because I don't see Blur-O-Vision on my Samsung LCD so I must have Superior Electronics compared to what you have.

I also have an APC Battery Backup with Line Conditioning so maybe that helps me I don't know but neither I or my wife or my friends can see what you are seeing so I guess I must be Lucky in my Setup.

I am tired of seeing one Golfer win Multiple Times. I want to have a surprise at the end and not just Tiger winning all of the time which takes away from the Element of Surprise at the end.

I like to see the Money spread around amongst many of the talented Golfers and I think Tiger is just another very good golfer but he may never achieve what he did before as he is just another Mortal Man who has had the Spirit withdrawn from him so there is no more Magic to come.

Bad Karma coming home to roost!!!

Spread the Love and Joy and Money around to all who deserve it!!!
Here's My Setup

#12 OFFLINE   hdtvfan0001

hdtvfan0001

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 32,045 posts

Posted 01 April 2011 - 04:20 PM

Every time you Post about Blur-O-Vision I am Elated because I don't see Blur-O-Vision on my Samsung LCD so I must have Superior Electronics compared to what you have.

Like you - nothing even remotely close close to Blur-o-vision watching the Masters on any of the channels here. I know not of what the other poster speaks. :D

#13 OFFLINE   Richierich

Richierich

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 8,477 posts

Posted 01 April 2011 - 05:42 PM

Like you - nothing even remotely close close to Blur-o-vision watching the Masters on any of the channels here. I know not of what the other poster speaks. :D

Perhaps he Smokes or Drinks something Stronger than the Average Bear!!!

Alcohol will cause you to lose Visual Acuity and Focus!!! :lol:
Here's My Setup

#14 OFFLINE   SPACEMAKER

SPACEMAKER

Freethinker

• Registered
  • 3,180 posts
  • LocationMason, MI

Posted 01 April 2011 - 07:54 PM

:lol::lol::lol: I am beginning to think that you are pulling our leg with this non-sense. No one could be this ignorant about HD.

Living Room:
Sony KDL-55EX720
HR44-700
AM21
Sony BDP-S360 Networked
Bedroom:
Sony KDL-40EX720
HR24-200
Sony DVP-NS75H

#15 OFFLINE   hdtvfan0001

hdtvfan0001

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 32,045 posts

Posted 01 April 2011 - 07:56 PM

:lol::lol::lol: I am beginning to think that you are pulling our leg with this non-sense. No one could be this ignorant about HD.

Last year's Masters broadcasts were outstanding. No reason to think it will be any less this year.

Multiple DVRs will be in action this coming week. :)

#16 OFFLINE   Garry

Garry

Legend

• Registered
  • 244 posts

Posted 01 April 2011 - 08:52 PM

So used to Tiger ALWAYS being the "featured" golfer it'll be weird to see some no-names in that slot. That feature is now useless to me as I could care less about the no-names til Sunday when the pressure is on.

Sorry to disappoint you, but ESPN, not Golf Channel, has the rights to the opening rounds of The Masters.

#17 OFFLINE   Maruuk

Maruuk

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,951 posts

Posted 01 April 2011 - 09:12 PM

You're not just disappointing me, but all America. Welcome to the world of fuzzy balls and Impressionist paintings of flowers. We don't get Full HD til Saturday then. ESPN is a plague on sports.

#18 OFFLINE   Maruuk

Maruuk

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,951 posts

Posted 06 April 2011 - 02:23 AM

Woods tees off at around 7am PST. The %^&%$# ESPN coverage doesn't even start til noon PST. Now the D* MIX starts real early, like around 8 or 9 PST. Since Woods will be finished by the time the dumba** main channel ESPN coverage starts (including all the "interactive" D* channels), theoretically we can see the early start guys on the mix channel, which is totally weird, but I guess it's all we got. I thought other years the Golf Channel or somebody covered the early rounds. Can't believe they're treating the Masters like it's the Tidy Bowl Invitational or something.

#19 OFFLINE   russinpa

russinpa

AllStar

• Registered
  • 67 posts

Posted 06 April 2011 - 03:30 AM

Its OK if you dont like ESPN. Everybody has the right to their own opinion but you might want to get your facts straight.

The Augusta National dictates how much TV time there is ---- NOT ESPN.
The 4.5 hours on Thurs and Fri is the most ever for the 1st 2 rounds.

The USA network had 1st and 2nd round coverage from 1982 until 2007. The most they were allowed to show was 3 hour per day.

The Golf Channel has never had any live broadcast rights to the Masters.

And by the way---my picture on ESPN is great.

#20 OFFLINE   Hoosier205

Hoosier205

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 6,596 posts

Posted 06 April 2011 - 06:42 AM

ESPN broadcasts in 720p...which is HD. You'll never understand that however. The issue with ESPN is not their resolution of choice, but their audio.
DTV = Digital Television

Protected By... spam firewall...And...