Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Self Install Upgrade

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   drprwnap

drprwnap

• Registered
  • 3 posts

Posted 02 April 2011 - 02:59 PM

I've been a DirecTv customer for a few years with non-HD service. I want to upgrade to HD and do a self install. When I called, they said there was no way to ship the dish to me and would have to send out a tech. Anyone else have this issue? Is there any way to get the dish shipped? Thanks in advance for any help.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Davenlr

Davenlr

Geek til I die

• Registered
  • 9,090 posts

Posted 02 April 2011 - 03:06 PM

For a self install HD installation, you either need to accept their install if you want the dish free, or buy your own from a local dealer or solidsignal.com. I bought my SWM dish/lnb from a local dealer for about $100.

Tivo Premier XL4, Tivo Premier, Tivo HD whole home on Xfinity HD, DirecTv Whole Home with 39" high gain KaKu dish, Roku3,SageTv 8 TB Win8 Server -> DVDO Edge-> Denon AVR, Klipsch KB15's/Panasonic 55ST60 plasma"

#3 OFFLINE   BattleZone

BattleZone

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 8,969 posts

Posted 03 April 2011 - 10:07 AM

DirecTV does not support self-installs, because they've learned that most of the time, they end up having to come out and re-do everything anyway, and that self-install customers have low satisfaction with the system.

So, if you *really* must have a self-install, you'd have to buy what you needed from a retailer. No discounts that way, but you'd get the self-install that you wanted.

Commercial & Residential Satellite System Design & Installation
DirecTV, Dish Network & Free-To-Air

#4 OFFLINE   mcbeevee

mcbeevee

97% Complete

• Registered
  • 1,281 posts

Posted 03 April 2011 - 11:51 AM

Click here to see Directv dishes at solid signal.

:)

spam firewall