Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Avoid dish network, clear and wells fargo bank...

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   mrmikelk

mrmikelk

• Registered
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 April 2011 - 03:35 PM

Me and my wife looked into signing up for Dish Network, and went through one of their authorized contracted companies.

The charge would be 49.00 "OR" 59.00, that's it for a first charge.

The rep said our card didnt go through, which we thought was odd, then he said do you have another card? He said that would not go through, and after he asked a 3rd card was used...then we said to him we were glad nothing went through, for we decided we didn't want there services. Only moments later, while still on phone with CLEAR rep, we found we were being charged 110.00...and at this point we were charged 8 times on 2 cards with more charges coming in...total was like 13 or 15 charges, mostly all 110.00...CLEAR WOULD NOT CANCEL THIS SAYING WE HAVE TO CONTACT DISH NETWORK, DISH NETWORK REFUSED TO TAKE RESPONSIBILITY FOR THEIR CONTRACTED COMPANY AND SAID CALL THEM, EVEN THOUGH WE TOLD THEM THAT THEY REFERRED US TO THEM AND HUNG UP ON US...THEY FELT NO ACCOUNTABILITY TO EVEN JUST HELP US.
Our bank cancelled out most of the charges, though we had cancelled 3 accounts, re-ordered new cards which its been a week and we dont have the mailed cards yet...CLEAR hung up on us 3 times, we were told by our bank probably because they couldnt handle a "can we speak to manager" request, for it wasnt on their "script" they get answers from and they were afraid to answer wrong...and after all this we r still out 59.95 because CLEAR decided to send us a modem which we didnt want for we declined service at time of ordering when we found a bunch of chargeds while still on the phone with them...and CLEAR would not help me wiith the information to send it back to them...and wells fargo stopped helping us collect on it, and actually got rude with us...We are closing our 3 accounts on Monday and going to US Bank.
AVOID CLEAR, DISH NETWORK AND WELLS FARGO...I HAVE OTHER WELLS FARGO STORIES WHERE THEY DIDNT TAKE ACCOUNTABILITY FOR THEIR OWN MISTAKES CAUSING ME $$$$$.

#2 OFFLINE   RasputinAXP

RasputinAXP

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,135 posts

Posted 02 April 2011 - 03:57 PM

Clear and Dish are two totally separate companies. I don't know what they have to do with each other. A lot of this doesn't make any sense to me.

"Belligerent and numerous."

Sometimes I update the Dish Network FAQ

AT200, Hopper & 360 via HDMI to Onkyo 505 to basement 42" Westy, Hopper via Comp-over-Cat5 to living room 42" Vizio with a Roku 3, Joey to Toshiba 32" LCD with a Logitech Revue. You want fries with that? Pull up to the 2nd window.

#3 OFFLINE   tampa8

tampa8

Godfather/Supporter

• Registered
  • 1,809 posts

Posted 02 April 2011 - 04:06 PM

Clear mobile internet service? How are they associated with Dish?

#4 OFFLINE   DanB_DISH

DanB_DISH

Cool Member

• DISH Representative
  • 26 posts

Posted 02 April 2011 - 04:43 PM

It sounds as though you spoke to an authorized retailer. Typically they charge for the installation, but you'd think if this had never been installed they wouldn't charge any fees. If you'd like feel free to PM me I would like to see if I can assist you with this.
Daniel Busa
DISH Internet Response Team
3:00PM-11:00PM (MST)
Tues.-Sat.

#5 OFFLINE   356B

356B

Icon

• Registered
  • 894 posts
  • LocationNorthern California

Posted 02 April 2011 - 06:42 PM

This wreaks of a drive by hater......1 post, all negative, spewing hate on not one but 3 entities. I am sorry for their pain......the economic situation has brought out the worst in some, the best in others......sorry....
Thank you and
Best of luck

#6 OFFLINE   dave1234

dave1234

Icon

• Registered
  • 511 posts

Posted 02 April 2011 - 07:53 PM

The best laugh I've had all day. :lol:

#7 OFFLINE   P Smith

P Smith

Mr. FixAnything

• Registered
  • 19,766 posts
  • LocationMediterranean Sea

Posted 02 April 2011 - 10:41 PM

Deja vu ?

I recall same thread a couple months ago ...

#8 OFFLINE   Willh

Willh

Legend

• Registered
  • 130 posts

Posted 02 April 2011 - 11:12 PM

i wonder if this thread will be closed real soon. don't feed the trolls folks if this guy is a troll.
Dish Network Customer since Jan 2007, upgraded to HD on September 2, 2010.

DVRs/Box Sets: Dish VIP DVR 722K (2 of them).

long time Pro-Wrestling and NASCAR fan.

#9 OFFLINE   jsk

jsk

Icon

• Registered
  • 720 posts

Posted 03 April 2011 - 09:44 AM

I believe the OP is referring to the Clear credit card by American Express and I assume the other credit card is by Wells Fargo. The OP should have first contacted the Dish Authorized retailer instead of involving the credit card companies. The retailer can reverse the charges. If that doesn't happen, then you involve the credit card companies.
Dish Player DVR 722K with OTA module connected to the Eastern Arc

#10 OFFLINE   Paul Secic

Paul Secic

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 6,106 posts

Posted 03 April 2011 - 09:58 AM

Me and my wife looked into signing up for Dish Network, and went through one of their authorized contracted companies.

The charge would be 49.00 "OR" 59.00, that's it for a first charge.

The rep said our card didnt go through, which we thought was odd, then he said do you have another card? He said that would not go through, and after he asked a 3rd card was used...then we said to him we were glad nothing went through, for we decided we didn't want there services. Only moments later, while still on phone with CLEAR rep, we found we were being charged 110.00...and at this point we were charged 8 times on 2 cards with more charges coming in...total was like 13 or 15 charges, mostly all 110.00...CLEAR WOULD NOT CANCEL THIS SAYING WE HAVE TO CONTACT DISH NETWORK, DISH NETWORK REFUSED TO TAKE RESPONSIBILITY FOR THEIR CONTRACTED COMPANY AND SAID CALL THEM, EVEN THOUGH WE TOLD THEM THAT THEY REFERRED US TO THEM AND HUNG UP ON US...THEY FELT NO ACCOUNTABILITY TO EVEN JUST HELP US.
Our bank cancelled out most of the charges, though we had cancelled 3 accounts, re-ordered new cards which its been a week and we dont have the mailed cards yet...CLEAR hung up on us 3 times, we were told by our bank probably because they couldnt handle a "can we speak to manager" request, for it wasnt on their "script" they get answers from and they were afraid to answer wrong...and after all this we r still out 59.95 because CLEAR decided to send us a modem which we didnt want for we declined service at time of ordering when we found a bunch of chargeds while still on the phone with them...and CLEAR would not help me wiith the information to send it back to them...and wells fargo stopped helping us collect on it, and actually got rude with us...We are closing our 3 accounts on Monday and going to US Bank.
AVOID CLEAR, DISH NETWORK AND WELLS FARGO...I HAVE OTHER WELLS FARGO STORIES WHERE THEY DIDNT TAKE ACCOUNTABILITY FOR THEIR OWN MISTAKES CAUSING ME $$$$$.

I've never heard of Clear.

Enjoying AT 250 HBO, 

Equipment: VIP 722 reciever

#11 OFFLINE   RasputinAXP

RasputinAXP

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,135 posts

Posted 03 April 2011 - 10:46 AM

OP said "Clear" and Modem. It's Clear Wireless, a 4G ISP at http://www.clear.com/. They don't have a Dish bundle, so that's what's really confusing.

"Belligerent and numerous."

Sometimes I update the Dish Network FAQ

AT200, Hopper & 360 via HDMI to Onkyo 505 to basement 42" Westy, Hopper via Comp-over-Cat5 to living room 42" Vizio with a Roku 3, Joey to Toshiba 32" LCD with a Logitech Revue. You want fries with that? Pull up to the 2nd window.

spam firewall