Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

My Panasonic TV remote works my PS3

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   63thk

63thk

AllStar

• Registered
  • 79 posts

Posted 05 April 2011 - 06:28 AM

Discovered this completely by accident,but somehow my Panasonic Plasma remote is working some basic functions on the PS3. So far I know it works Play, pause, FF, RW, and pulls up the on screen options display. The only way I can think to explain it is perhaps its part of the Veria functions of the TV,however the TV shows there is no Veria link to other devices. I'm not complaining at all, but anyone have a clue?:D

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Yoda-DBSguy

Yoda-DBSguy

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,083 posts
  • LocationA Galaxy Far, Far Away.....

Posted 05 April 2011 - 06:39 AM

That's interesting because the PS3 is only controled via bluetooth natively. Unlesss you purchased an IR to bluetooth dongle at somepoint for the PS3, the Panasonic remote should/would NOT be able to control it what-so-ever.

#3 OFFLINE   63thk

63thk

AllStar

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 79 posts

Posted 05 April 2011 - 07:17 AM

That's interesting because the PS3 is only controled via bluetooth natively. Unlesss you purchased an IR to bluetooth dongle at somepoint for the PS3, the Panasonic remote should/would NOT be able to control it what-so-ever.

When you replied I thought DAH at 1st, because I do have one on one of my other PS3 system,but no IR to bluetooth device on this unit. The functions are mainly confined to the directorial and OK pad in the center of the the remote. The only other buttons working the PS3 are the return,exit,and sub-menu. The sub-menu brings up the on-screen options display and the OK button will select an item then pause and play when watching or listening to the av. Left and right FF and RW. I will take a look at my TV handbook and see what model the remote is as I can't find model# on the remote.

#4 OFFLINE   dmspen

dmspen

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,435 posts

Posted 05 April 2011 - 07:49 AM

Are you connected via HDMI? It could be that commands are received and passed through the HDMI cable.

#5 OFFLINE   63thk

63thk

AllStar

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 79 posts

Posted 05 April 2011 - 08:08 AM

Are you connected via HDMI? It could be that commands are received and passed through the HDMI cable.

That is how its working. I shut off the HDMI control on the PS3 and my TV remote stopped working it. I think it is a combination of the Viera link and the HDMI control of the PS3. There are 2 other PS3s in the house that I think are the same model. I have tried it on 1 of them which is connected to a Philips TV and the Philips remote doesn't work the PS3. The other is connected to a Vizio. I will try it later when then night shift worker asleep in the room with it wakes. I think this Vizio may have CEC (HDMI CONTROL) functions.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...