Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

To Be Announced?

tivo

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   DonDeAgo

DonDeAgo

Mentor

• Registered
  • 43 posts

Posted 05 April 2011 - 07:38 AM

What's with all the channels listing no program info?:mad: All they list is to be announced.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Steve

Steve

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 22,661 posts

Posted 05 April 2011 - 07:47 AM

Not sure if any of these apply to your situation, but if you recently re-ran sat setup, or rebooted (or power cycled) your receiver twice within a half-hour, that would tend to wipe out your GUIDE data, which can take up to 24 hours to repopulate.

You may also have a dish alignment problem, and you may not be getting a good signal from the satellite that your GUIDE data comes from. Might want to check out this recent thread.
/steve

#3 OFFLINE   DonDeAgo

DonDeAgo

Mentor

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 43 posts

Posted 05 April 2011 - 08:42 AM

Not sure if any of these apply to your situation, but if you recently re-ran sat setup, or rebooted (or power cycled) your receiver twice within a half-hour, that would tend to wipe out your GUIDE data, which can take up to 24 hours to repopulate.

You may also have a dish alignment problem, and you may not be getting a good signal from the satellite that your GUIDE data comes from. Might want to check out this recent thread.

It's not all the channels but a good number of them listing no info today. I haven't rebooted and my HR 21/100 DVR receiver passes the system test. For instance most but not all the HBO channels are OK (no info on 505-508) but there is no info for channels 536-542. Channels 253-264 also show no info. Many but not all of the 300 channels also show to be announced.

#4 OFFLINE   RunnerFL

RunnerFL

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 16,068 posts

Posted 05 April 2011 - 08:46 AM

It's not all the channels but a good number of them listing no info today. I haven't rebooted and my HR 21/100 DVR receiver passes the system test. For instance most but not all the HBO channels are OK (no info on 505-508) but there is no info for channels 536-542. Channels 253-264 also show no info. Many but not all of the 300 channels also show to be announced.

Sounds like you need to flush the guide. Reboot your system twice within a 30 minute timeframe so that your guide data will rebuild.
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

#5 OFFLINE   Steve

Steve

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 22,661 posts

Posted 05 April 2011 - 08:49 AM

I haven't rebooted and my HR 21/100 DVR receiver passes the system test.

By any chance did you have any power outages that you know of? A couple of brief overnight outages within a 30-minute period would cause your data to be wiped as well. Good news is it should be populated enough to record tonight's shows and within 24 hours be pretty much complete for 10-12 days out.

If tomorrow you still see the same TBA's for tomorrow's or Thursday's listings, however, something else is wrong.
/steve

#6 OFFLINE   SaLance

SaLance

AllStar

• Registered
  • 65 posts

Posted 05 April 2011 - 10:29 AM

Also Try going to...
>Menu
>Parental Favs and Setup
>System Setup
>Satelitte
>Repeat Satelitte Setup
>Press Dash
> and Continue through the satelitte setup and that should resolve your issues
My thought and Opinions on this forum are my own and do not represent D*'s thoughts and Opinions

#7 OFFLINE   DonDeAgo

DonDeAgo

Mentor

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 43 posts

Posted 05 April 2011 - 11:04 AM

I unplugged my receiver for a minute or so and after it rebooted I booted it again and that seems to have corrected my guide problems. Thanks to you all.

#8 OFFLINE   rugerboy58

rugerboy58

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 10 posts

Posted 05 April 2011 - 02:45 PM

Had the same issue and did a double reboot and it took care of the issue.

Thanks Guys!

#9 OFFLINE   Steve

Steve

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 22,661 posts

Posted 05 April 2011 - 02:59 PM

Also Try going to...
>Menu
>Parental Favs and Setup
>System Setup
>Satelitte
>Repeat Satelitte Setup
>Press Dash
> and Continue through the satelitte setup and that should resolve your issues

Yup. This may actually be faster than a double-reboot to wipe the GUIDE data, and has the added benefit of confirming you're set up for the right dish and switch types. Just my .02.
/steve

#10 OFFLINE   TDK1044

TDK1044

Godfather

• Registered
  • 539 posts

Posted 06 April 2011 - 04:21 AM

I found that just re-authorizing my boxes from my i-pad resolved the issue for me without interrupting my viewing. As soon as the boxes were re-authorized, the Guide was complete. :)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: tivo

Protected By... spam firewall...And...