Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

ME-TV Coming to Bay Area KFTY 50.1

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   fluffybear

fluffybear

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 7,199 posts
  • LocationPeachtree City, GA.

Posted 04 May 2011 - 02:45 PM

Just wanted to note that KFTY is now a ME-TV affiliate with a schedule that made me feel like I fell into a time warp.:grin:

Sigh!

Still no date for Atlanta - Coming soon!

Proud DirecTV customer since July, 1994

My Q4 2014 Set-Up

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#22 OFFLINE   AttiTech

AttiTech

Godfather

• Registered
  • 499 posts

Posted 04 May 2011 - 07:02 PM

M*A*S*H was one of the best shows, and actually still is one of the best shows that's ever been put on tv imho. Wish I could get a full release of all the episodes remastered for Bluray :P

#23 OFFLINE   Paul Secic

Paul Secic

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 6,134 posts

Posted 05 May 2011 - 09:56 AM

Just wanted to note that KFTY is now a ME-TV affiliate with a schedule that made me feel like I fell into a time warp.:grin:

Me-TV or KFTY needs to turn the volume up. It's very low. Good station though.:)

Enjoying AT 250 HBO, 

Equipment: VIP 722 reciever

#24 OFFLINE   fluffybear

fluffybear

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 7,199 posts

Posted 30 July 2011 - 02:44 PM

From Press Democrat:

Santa Rosa television station KFTY TV-50 is being acquired by a Texas broadcasting chain that plans to convert it into an affiliate of the Spanish-language network Azteca America.

Una Vez Mas, a Dallas company that owns TV stations across the southern United States, announced a deal Thursday to purchase KFTY from High Plains Broadcasting of Kaw City, Okla.

Financial terms were not disclosed.

The purchase still must win approval from the Federal Communications Commission. Both sides expect such approval within 90 days.

In April, KFTY announced it had become an affiliate of the fledgling Me-TV Network, which broadcasts reruns targeted at viewers age 35 and older, ranging from sit-coms like “Hogan’s Heroes” and “M*A*S*H” to dramas like “Gunsmoke” and “Big Valley.”

That programming format will remain in place until the sale becomes complete, Doorley said.

My Q4 2014 Set-Up

#25 OFFLINE   phrelin

phrelin

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 13,479 posts
  • LocationNorthern California Redwoods

Posted 01 August 2011 - 11:32 PM

Guess that reflects a changing population in the North Bay.

"In a hundred years there'll be a whole new set of people."
"Always poke the bears. They sleep too much for their own good."

"If you're good enough, they'll talk about you." - Tom Harmon
A GEEZER who remembers watching TV in 1951 and was an Echostar customer from 1988 to 2008, now a Dish Network customer.
My AV Setup
My Slingbox Pro HD Experience
My Blog: The Redwood Guardian

#26 OFFLINE   Paul Secic

Paul Secic

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 6,134 posts

Posted 14 October 2011 - 12:22 PM

Several sources indicate KFTY in Santa Rosa will be showing ME-TV (Memorable Entertainment Television) on the 50.1 channel April 25. Since I don't get any signals here in our canyon, I can't verify it, but it since KFTY is on the satellite Bay Area Locals....

And Clear Channel just sold CH 50 to Azecta.

Enjoying AT 250 HBO, 

#27 OFFLINE   Jtaylor1

Jtaylor1

Legend

• Registered
  • 193 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 08:27 AM

Me-TV is now on KOFY 20.2.

#28 OFFLINE   Paul Secic

Paul Secic

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 6,134 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 01:12 PM

Me-TV is now on KOFY 20.2.

We just have KOFY 20.1 which is Spanish so far.

Enjoying AT 250 HBO, 

#29 OFFLINE   Paul Secic

Paul Secic

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 6,134 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 11:37 AM

Several sources indicate KFTY in Santa Rosa will be showing ME-TV (Memorable Entertainment Television) on the 50.1 channel April 25. Since I don't get any signals here in our canyon, I can't verify it, but it since KFTY is on the satellite Bay Area Locals....

I think ME is on KOFY-1 now.

Enjoying AT 250 HBO, 

#30 OFFLINE   JACKIEGAGA

JACKIEGAGA

N.Y. FOOTBALL GIANTS

• DBSTalk Club
  • 5,242 posts
  • LocationLong Island, NY

Posted 11 April 2012 - 05:10 PM

Is anyone getting ME TV full time? Its part time here Long Island, NY

JACK,

#31 OFFLINE   fluffybear

fluffybear

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 7,199 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 04:02 PM

Is anyone getting ME TV full time? Its part time here Long Island, NY

It's full-time here in Atlanta.

Last year ME-TV was forced to provide an alternate for Cheers here in the Atlanta Area but since the first of the year that no longer appears to be an issue

My Q4 2014 Set-Up

#32 OFFLINE   runner861

runner861

Icon

• Registered
  • 859 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 04:57 PM

It is full-time in Los Angeles on KDOC 56-03. The programming appears to be shown as it was originally edited when on network television many years ago. I can't be a hundred percent sure of that, but there are no obvious edits that were made. I recall that some local stations back in the day used to make some pretty egregious edits of syndicated rerun programming to stick in more commercials.

#33 OFFLINE   SayWhat?

SayWhat?

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,610 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 06:13 PM

Part time here.

CW in primetime, then a couple of syndicated shows, then ME overnight and some of the day. They toss in some junk like Dr. Drew on weekday afternoons. and rerun a 2 1/2 hour local morning news show that was run earlier on their .1 channel.

Weekends are a mix too.

What I'm finding annoying is that some shows are either on ME, RTV and/or Antenna or switch from one to the other as well as other channels like WGN and Reelz.

I really DON'T need Cheers on ME when it's run so often on other channels. What's next, Friends and Seinfeld?
Help stamp out Twits and Twitterers!

HD, SchmacHD!! Just be glad you've got a picture at all.

#34 OFFLINE   runner861

runner861

Icon

• Registered
  • 859 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 09:19 PM

Part time here.

CW in primetime, then a couple of syndicated shows, then ME overnight and some of the day. They toss in some junk like Dr. Drew on weekday afternoons. and rerun a 2 1/2 hour local morning news show that was run earlier on their .1 channel.

Weekends are a mix too.

What I'm finding annoying is that some shows are either on ME, RTV and/or Antenna or switch from one to the other as well as other channels like WGN and Reelz.

I really DON'T need Cheers on ME when it's run so often on other channels. What's next, Friends and Seinfeld?

What market are you in? What is your ME station?

#35 OFFLINE   fluffybear

fluffybear

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 7,199 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 08:00 AM

It is full-time in Los Angeles on KDOC 56-03. The programming appears to be shown as it was originally edited when on network television many years ago. I can't be a hundred percent sure of that, but there are no obvious edits that were made. I recall that some local stations back in the day used to make some pretty egregious edits of syndicated rerun programming to stick in more commercials.

ME is responsible for most of the commercial placement and while KDOC may not be stealing a little extra time in each show, all of these shows have been edited and do not show in their original condition.

My Q4 2014 Set-Up

#36 OFFLINE   twiseguy

twiseguy

Legend

• Registered
  • 165 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 08:18 AM

ME-TV is full time in Cleveland on WOIO 19.2
It`s even in Direct TV`s database so it integrates with my AM21 receiver.
Lovin The Honeymooners

#37 OFFLINE   fluffybear

fluffybear

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 7,199 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 08:31 AM

ME-TV is full time in Cleveland on WOIO 19.2
It`s even in Direct TV`s database so it integrates with my AM21 receiver.
Lovin The Honeymooners

Was telling my kids this morning (while trying to drag them from their beds) about how I use to wake-up on my own when I was 9 at 6am every day just to watch Hogans Heroes and Honeymooners.

My Q4 2014 Set-Up

#38 OFFLINE   Paul Secic

Paul Secic

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 6,134 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 09:06 AM

There aren't any METV, Antenna in the San Francisco area anymore except for KOFY TV -1, but dish doesn't carry.

Enjoying AT 250 HBO, 

Protected By... spam firewall...And...