Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Eulogy for a DirecTiVo

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   xmguy

xmguy

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,911 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 02:26 PM

I have an 80 Hour R10 TiVo. Works ok but SLLLLOOOWW. Takes about 1 hour to boot up.
DirecTV Subscriber Since 3/24/2008 || HR44-500 - SWiM and DECA to Vizio 32" LCD 1080P HDTV (SV320XVT) via HDMI | MY SETUP IN DETAIL UPDATED 3/21/2012 (Q1 2013 | I'm On FACEBOOK! "Originally Posted by xmguy : OK. I need directions. (to Sixto's house) Lol ;) | Originally Posted by Sea bass : Head down to 99c, skip over to 103ca, next over to 103cb and you have arrived.:)":hurah:

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#22 OFFLINE   gov

gov

Legend

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,091 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 08:00 PM

Was over at the neighbors house (spose it was about 2 years ago) and the DirecTV guy was FLOORED to see a Panasonic DirecTV receiver.

I knew it was old, the Panasonic TV it was originally paired with took a dump several years ago, and the garage sale Mitsubishi 32 inch CRT finally died, so he upgraded the Panny D* when I put in a Sony LCD panel.

The DirecTV guy was just fascinated with the early history of the DirecTV boxes. I told him Radio Shack had Optimus receivers, Sony had a few models, Magnavox of course, and RCA had a boat load of models along with Hughes. He'd only ever seen D* stuff.

I've got 2 Samsung HD receivers (360s I think) out in the work shop somewhere.

Many times in the 90s I would set up an RCA CRT TV, RCA VCR, and an RCA D*. People liked how everything worked, and since many of my customers had pretty much all the same equipment, my job got easier.

#23 OFFLINE   ndole

ndole

Problem Solver

• Registered
  • 1,894 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 06:49 PM

Was over at the neighbors house (spose it was about 2 years ago) and the DirecTV guy was FLOORED to see a Panasonic DirecTV receiver.

I knew it was old, the Panasonic TV it was originally paired with took a dump several years ago, and the garage sale Mitsubishi 32 inch CRT finally died, so he upgraded the Panny D* when I put in a Sony LCD panel.

The DirecTV guy was just fascinated with the early history of the DirecTV boxes. I told him Radio Shack had Optimus receivers, Sony had a few models, Magnavox of course, and RCA had a boat load of models along with Hughes. He'd only ever seen D* stuff.

I've got 2 Samsung HD receivers (360s I think) out in the work shop somewhere.

Many times in the 90s I would set up an RCA CRT TV, RCA VCR, and an RCA D*. People liked how everything worked, and since many of my customers had pretty much all the same equipment, my job got easier.

Chances are that the D* tech hasn't been around very long, and nobody mentioned the old D*Tivo's :lol:
"He that is good for making excuses is seldom good for anything else."

Protected By... spam firewall...And...