Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Vip 722 vs Vip 722K

• Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

#51 OFFLINE   Ray C@DISH Network

Ray C@DISH Network

Icon

• DISH Representative
  • 914 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 09:20 AM

MT2 is an OTA module that is installed with the 722k and a few other receivers. You'll be able to tell if the receiver is new or refurbished. Most new installations will use a new receiver.

Dish Pass is a timer where the receiver will record all matches for the timer created. For example, if you create a Dish Pass timer for Family Guy, all matches for Family Guy are recorded, which could fill your HD quickly.

Please let me know if you have further questions. Thanks.

newbie question, I read the whole thread.

722k/wMT2

I think that is the 722K with the OTA module installed.

Is that right? I have read other threads where the installer has given the person one who asked.

Also, how do you know if you get a new 722k or a refurb one? What is the easiest way to tell?

I have an install coming up from DTV for 11 years. This has been some fun reading about Dish.

We had the tivo and used season pass all the time. It appears "timers" are the new word to get used to? Or is Dish Pass, I have not gotten to that yet in my research, is the same thing?

I hope this switch goes well.

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#52 OFFLINE   tdfxman

tdfxman

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 32 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 10:46 AM

So Dish Pass timer for Family guy and you can probably choose new episodes only or all showings etc.

Looking forward to it, thanks for all the info.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...