Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

>>> DirecTV does NOT promise any specific model of receiver! <<<

• Please log in to reply
249 replies to this topic

#241 OFFLINE   bobcamp1

bobcamp1

Icon

• Registered
  • 895 posts

Posted 10 June 2011 - 04:02 PM

It is odd that a CSR who has the authority to order equipment, even different types of equipment, does not have the authority to order a specific model.

Fixed that for you...

I don't care what their ability is. It's a computer system ... fix it. You can't defend yourself with a flawed computer system. ("I'm sorry your honor, but our system does not allow us to issue checks for billing errors. We'll be happy to give him the $10,000 in credit due to our billing error....")

Plus, some CSRs (in retention) apparently *DO* have this ability, perhaps because they also have the authority. Or do they not have the authority but are allowed to do it anyway?

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#242 OFFLINE   RunnerFL

RunnerFL

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 15,828 posts

Posted 10 June 2011 - 05:41 PM

I don't care what their ability is. It's a computer system ... fix it.

It's not broken. It's specifically designed the way DirecTV wants it, there's nothing to fix.
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

#243 OFFLINE   wingrider01

wingrider01

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,764 posts

Posted 10 June 2011 - 06:20 PM

I don't care what their ability is. It's a computer system ... fix it. You can't defend yourself with a flawed computer system. ("I'm sorry your honor, but our system does not allow us to issue checks for billing errors. We'll be happy to give him the $10,000 in credit due to our billing error....")

Plus, some CSRs (in retention) apparently *DO* have this ability, perhaps because they also have the authority. Or do they not have the authority but are allowed to do it anyway?

retention is not a tier 1 csr, so it is logical that they have additional abilities then front line tier 1 csr's.

#244 OFFLINE   Shades228

Shades228

Hall Of Fame

• Banned User
  • 5,914 posts

Posted 10 June 2011 - 07:32 PM

See RunnerFL's response to "fixing" the sytem. Retention reps cannot order a specific receiver. That's the whole point of this thread.

It's not broken. It's specifically designed the way DirecTV wants it, there's nothing to fix.

+1

retention is not a tier 1 csr, so it is logical that they have additional abilities then front line tier 1 csr's.

Again they cannot do so so just because they're answering disconnect requests doesn't mean anything when it comes down to how DIRECTV intentionally has setup their order and inventory management.

The bottom line is any agent that you speak with when you call in to customer care cannot guarantee a model number, with exceptions of replacement receiver rules built into the system, and if someone did get a model number they were "promised" it was a 20% chance they got lucky on.

I'm not sure why it's a difficult concept. If you want a specific model don't call DIRECTV go through an online dealer. Fighting the system will get you nothing but frustration. If you want to change DIRECTV's policies then become the next CEO.

#245 OFFLINE   wingrider01

wingrider01

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,764 posts

Posted 11 June 2011 - 06:47 AM

Again they cannot do so so just because they're answering disconnect requests doesn't mean anything when it comes down to how DIRECTV intentionally has setup their order and inventory management.

The bottom line is any agent that you speak with when you call in to customer care cannot guarantee a model number, with exceptions of replacement receiver rules built into the system, and if someone did get a model number they were "promised" it was a 20% chance they got lucky on.

I'm not sure why it's a difficult concept. If you want a specific model don't call DIRECTV go through an online dealer. Fighting the system will get you nothing but frustration. If you want to change DIRECTV's policies then become the next CEO.

Have never gone through Directv to get the recievers, not worth my time to play csr roulete to get a discount on the cost of the device, bought all my devices when I installed back years ago before they went to the lease model, have the PP so they get replaced with units that are flagged owned

retention is not a tier 1 custoemr service level, they have a lot more abilities and less restrictions then the front line service personnel, just like the access card people do, now those iI have dealt with a lot because the majority of my units are owned and not lease.

Bottom line - want a specific reciever, tighten the belt and go to a outside source and play the full price for the lease, want a discounted price, call direct tv and negotiate with them, but take what they give you. Also - if you screw the installers by ordering, having them come out and refuse the service call becasue they don't have the reciever you want on their truck then those people sould pay for the service call if they turn them away.

This is not Burger King you don;t get it the way you want it

#246 OFFLINE   subeluvr

subeluvr

Icon

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmatio
  • 534 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 03:41 PM

Fighting the system will get you nothing but frustration. If you want to change DIRECTV's policies then become the next CEO.

Just having run the obstacle course at DTV regarding a specific receiver model that I was promised numerous times by different DTV agents at different levels here are the facts...

No 1st tier CSR or TSA or supervisor or retention agent or case manager has the ability to place an order for a specific version of any DTV receiver. Regardless of what they tell you or promise you that option does not exist on their computer screen. It is that simple.

A note requesting a specific model can be made on the order and smart installers who like being tipped are smart to call the customer when they are at the warehouse and give the customer a choice of what is available. When you get treated right by an installer treat them right... it really is a good investment

An order for a specific model of a DTV receiver can be placed but only at the highest level and only on rare occasion and it is quite involved so it is rarely done. It is so rarely done that few people know that it can be done.

The thing is that DTV agents at every level seem to indicate that it can and will be done but make no notes in the customer's account so they can not be held accountable when the customer blows his/her top.

There is only one reality in this discussion that everyone has to get their head around... DirecTV does not exist for the convenience of the customer... the customer exists for the convenience of DirecTV

This is today's business model and DirecTV is not the only company using it. If you don't like it, and you shouldn't, then you have to vote with your wallet because that is the only language corporate America understands... market share and P&L, and corporate America will listen... sooner or later :rolleyes:

UPDATE: As it turns out, even an assurance from the highest executive level (that customers can get to) that a specific model of a receiver will be shipped doesn't make it happen. The wrong model arrived today.

Edited by subeluvr, 19 June 2011 - 02:49 PM.

#247 OFFLINE   tCdragon

tCdragon

• Registered
  • 3 posts

Posted 22 June 2011 - 02:41 AM

I have worked both in the call center and now in the field, there is no way to guarantee what model you will get or if it will be new or a refurbished. When i get the equipment for the day we get what they give us. Sometimes we will have hr24s and others hr21s. So if a csr says the can guarantee you a specific model don't believe it. Your going to get what you get or you can reschedule your install or upgrade and hope that we have what you want next time.

#248 OFFLINE   TheJ3RK

TheJ3RK

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 11 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 12:34 PM

Wow. 10 pages.

#249 OFFLINE   Rich

Rich

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 20,574 posts
  • LocationPiscataway, NJ

Posted 19 July 2011 - 02:19 PM

Wow. 10 pages.

Of redundancy...:lol:

Rich

#250 OFFLINE   hombresoto

hombresoto

Legend

• Registered
  • 226 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 02:51 PM

I 'guarantee' that my customers get HR24s by refusing to accept any less in my bi-weekly trip for inventory. I also am subject to chargebacks so it is in MY best interest to not install a 5 year old DVR. I also do not get a 'pre-bundled' truckload of equipment each week like HSP employees. My principal loads up a couple of times a week and I go to his warehouse and pick the models I want. I ask before I go to load up if 24s are available. If not I have them delivered.
And no, I am not taking any of those H20's or , believe it or not, the D10s that crept their way back into the refurb cycle a couple of years ago.
It is that simple in my situation... My customers are happy to get good equipment and I am happy to not install equipment that may or may not fail in the first 90 days, or work out of the box for that matter...
SBCA Level 3 Installer. 7,000 dishes installed and counting.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...