Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

ReplayTV IR Blaster code for Directv HD receiver

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   edster62

edster62

• Registered
  • 1 posts

Posted 15 April 2011 - 10:41 PM

Hello ALL,

I JUST upgraded my old RCA Directv reciver to HD Receiver,,and got another basic receiver for another room...
Anyways, The new receivers do NOT have a Serial Port on them, so I am forced to use an IR Blaster.. I have to cover up the Remote control window on Directv receiver,,and then PROGRAM a IR Blaster CODE into my machine, so the Replay DVR unit will control the Directv unit..change channels, etc... Does anyone know the IR Blaster code/s?
Directv Tech help could NOT help me... Anyone have any ideas? or similar problem? I'm really bummed, if I cant get this to work.
My Replaytv unit is old..model RTV - 2020....and the HD receiver is model H23 - 600C, and reg receiver is D12MP - 500...if that helps...

heard something about a usb port ..will that work?

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   TheRatPatrol

TheRatPatrol

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 6,801 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, AZ

Posted 15 April 2011 - 11:33 PM

Why didn't you get a D* HD-DVR?

#3 OFFLINE   R8ders2K

R8ders2K

Godfather

• Registered
  • 458 posts

Posted 15 April 2011 - 11:57 PM

Like I mentioned over in the AVS Forum, your best bet would be to contact Paterson Tech and get their USB TV Translator.

I've got 2 for my 5000 series ReplayTVs. :D

Click this link for specifics on my setup. SWM 16 installed.

Setup Apple AirPort Extreme #1 for DIRECTV Network Services.

Setup Apple AirPort Extreme #2 for static IP addresses on your home network.

#4 OFFLINE   mdavej

mdavej

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,251 posts

Posted 16 April 2011 - 11:55 AM

HERE's a way to do it. The D10 codes will work fine.

#5 OFFLINE   Asheville Hoo

Asheville Hoo

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 14 posts

Posted 16 April 2011 - 05:02 PM

mdavej,

I have recently changed to D* from cable and have both a new HR24-500 for my main TV, but also an old ReplayTV connected to a D12. I have read this method and lots of threads about this type technique on more than one sitting and I have to admit that it makes my head hurt and spin and I'm not a computer expert, but by no means a newbie either. The first thing stopping me is I can't actually find the iso image file anywhere including all the links that all the threads/sites point to. There seem to be two major ways to accomplish this task, but neither seem straight forward or simplistic to me.

I was not aware of the Paterson product until just now and if I knew it worked I would definitely pay the one time fee for the cable/connector, and software to allow me to actually have a DVR back instead of manually leaving it on the same channel all the time just to record 2 shows every night only. The other thing is I have a 2nd older ReplayTV (3030) as well and since it doesn't have a network port it gets even more complicated to update/add the IR file to and hence if the TV Translator product worked for that it would be worth it.

Sorry for the thread jack, but the thread at AVS Forum has been dead for so long I didn't bother to ask over there.

Thanks
1 HR24/500 with a Sony KDL-46XBR2 TV
Audio only Bose bookshelf stereo speakers through a Yamaha Receiver and TV speakers

4 D12s with mostly cheap or old TVs.

#6 OFFLINE   mdavej

mdavej

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,251 posts

Posted 16 April 2011 - 10:10 PM

Sorry guys. Didn't realize the links were dead. I don't have a replay and know nothing about them, but I do see this topic alot in the JP1 forums since our software can be used to make RID and OBJ files. It is a complex process, but doable. Here's some more info that may help.

http://www.hifi-remo...0&postorder=asc

#7 OFFLINE   carl6

carl6

Hall Of Fame

• Moderators
  • 11,232 posts
  • LocationSeattle, WA

Posted 16 April 2011 - 11:34 PM

To the original poster, edster62, all of the DirecTV receivers and DVRs support serial control using a (the proper) RS232 to USB adapter. If you were controlling your older equipment via RS232, then you can continue to do that with the newer equipment.

As to the IR codes, DirecTV refers to them as 00001, 00002, 00003 (DirecTV, AV1, AV2). I believe the basic 00001 code is also referred to, or translates to a code of S1377 (which works with Slingbox technology). That might help you track down some other equivalent references for it.

More info and links with regard to serial control:

RS232 control of DirecTV boxes:
http://www.sbcatest....allers-V2.0.pdf
A handy utility by a user: http://www.dbstalk.c...557&postcount=6

RS232 USB/Serial adapter:
http://www.patersont...translator.aspx

Protected By... spam firewall...And...