Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Dish Network Offers HBO GO® and MAX GO®

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   Paul Secic

Paul Secic

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 6,136 posts

Posted 01 May 2011 - 12:33 PM

The Wire is one show I would like to watch from the beginning.

We have a computer hooked up via HDMI to a 42inch Vizio TV. Watched a few shows and they looked pretty good.

I would also would like to see The Wire and Sopranos. I got in the middle of both series. HBO wants $300.00 for The Sopranos.

Do I have to subscribe to Cinamax to get GO?

Enjoying AT 250 HBO, 

Equipment: VIP 722 reciever

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#22 OFFLINE   phrelin

phrelin

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 13,480 posts
  • LocationNorthern California Redwoods

Posted 01 May 2011 - 01:03 PM

I would also would like to see The Wire and Sopranos. I got in the middle of both series. HBO wants $300.00 for The Sopranos.

Do I have to subscribe to Cinamax to get GO?

From the newsrelease:

DISH Network customers who subscribe to the HBO or Cinemax TV packages can enjoy the respective online content any time and from any U.S. location with a broadband connection by simply logging on to DISHOnline.com, HBOGO.com or MAXGO.com.

You should be able to click on the the HBOGO link and have things work after whatever sign up or signin is appropriate or through the DISHOnline link. You aren't supposed to need to be a Cinemax subscriber if you're an HBO subscriber.

"In a hundred years there'll be a whole new set of people."
"Always poke the bears. They sleep too much for their own good."

"If you're good enough, they'll talk about you." - Tom Harmon
A GEEZER who remembers watching TV in 1951 and was an Echostar customer from 1988 to 2008, now a Dish Network customer.
My AV Setup
My Slingbox Pro HD Experience
My Blog: The Redwood Guardian

#23 ONLINE   sigma1914

sigma1914

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 14,021 posts
  • LocationAllen, TX

Posted 01 May 2011 - 01:10 PM

From the newsrelease:
You should be able to click on the the HBOGO link and have things work after whatever sign up or signin is appropriate or through the DISHOnline link. You aren't supposed to need to be a Cinemax subscriber if you're an HBO subscriber.

I think you misinterpreted that. The key word is 'respective.' You need to be a Cinemax sub to use Maxgo.
If you stop responding to them or put them on ignore, then eventually they'll go away.

#24 OFFLINE   losmurfs

losmurfs

• Registered
  • 3 posts

Posted 18 May 2011 - 03:37 PM

just thinking out loud, but, at first thought this really doesn't make any sense. Why would someone that is already subscribed to HBO really need to have access to series and movies already on HBO? Seems like if I had HBO, I would just record the stuff I really wanted anyways. Very few people that I know ever go back and re-watch very many movies or series that they have already seen.

AND

If I don't have an interest to subscribe to standard HBO for the current series or movies they are showing, this deal certainly wouldn't entice me to run and sign up.

Maybe I'm missing something. I can't see this as being ground breaking, more of a novelty. Now if they offered this in addition to a certain package, like premium for no charge or maybe very minimal, then they might persuade new subscribers to the package or Dish in general.

I don't carry my satellite dish to work with me so this is very useful on my one hour lunch break.

#25 OFFLINE   Paul Secic

Paul Secic

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 6,136 posts

Posted 19 May 2011 - 09:46 AM

I'm confused, do I use my VIP or the Web?

Enjoying AT 250 HBO, 

#26 OFFLINE   jgoggan

jgoggan

Hall Of Fame/Supporter

• Gold Members
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 19 May 2011 - 11:09 AM

Just tried this at MAXGO and it said that I wasn't currently a Cinemax subscriber on Dish Network. I'm guessing that the 30-day free thing going on right now doesn't qualify? Oh well -- was worth a shot -- just wanted to try it out.

- John...

#27 OFFLINE   FTA Michael

FTA Michael

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,473 posts

Posted 19 May 2011 - 05:40 PM

+1

Just tried this at MAXGO and it said that I wasn't currently a Cinemax subscriber on Dish Network. I'm guessing that the 30-day free thing going on right now doesn't qualify?

Yes, FTABlog is active again. Why do you ask?

#28 OFFLINE   ruascott

ruascott

• Registered
  • 5 posts

Posted 02 June 2011 - 02:36 PM

Are you kidding me? A novelty? Man, I was sooo very excited to finally have access to this.

1) I've very bad about scheduling DVR events, as well as cleaning out the DVR. Especially for movies, I rarely bother to peruse the schedule and determine which HBO movies I want to see. And forget Netflix through the mail, again that takes a combo of planning and waiting. No good.

2) There is a TON of HBO programming that I saw parts of years ago, but never saw the entire series (Deadwood, Six Feet Under, etc...). Plus, I love the Sopranos, so even though I've seen every episdoe, I love being able to re-watch it when I want.

#29 OFFLINE   satlover25

satlover25

Mentor

• Registered
  • 42 posts

Posted 02 June 2011 - 07:55 PM

I tried this via browser and it is HOT! I think the the iPad/iPod/iPhone app is going to be just as HOT! Everything HBO has done...and then some...is there!

update...looks amazing on the iPad!! Getting spun up on "Games of Thrones" via HBO Go! App of the Year!
HR34
HR21
H25
2 Genie Mini Clients
16+ yrs w/Dish Network...finally had to let them go!

#30 OFFLINE   BarryO

BarryO

Legend

• Registered
  • 184 posts

Posted 03 June 2011 - 11:47 PM

just thinking out loud, but, at first thought this really doesn't make any sense. Why would someone that is already subscribed to HBO really need to have access to series and movies already on HBO? Seems like if I had HBO, I would just record the stuff I really wanted anyways. Very few people that I know ever go back and re-watch very many movies or series that they have already seen.

Stuck out shopping or antiquing with the wife... being able to go sit in the car and watch old epsiodes of 'Entourage' on my iPhone while she's inside doing her thing... awesome!

#31 OFFLINE   Paul Secic

Paul Secic

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 6,136 posts

Posted 04 June 2011 - 12:05 PM

Well, you can watch them using any browser on your laptop or tablet. From Engadget two days ago this news:

I put my broadband name and password in HBOGO but keeps refusing to let me in. What do I do?

Enjoying AT 250 HBO, 

#32 OFFLINE   brucegrr

brucegrr

Icon

• Registered
  • 609 posts
  • LocationNey, Ohio

Posted 04 June 2011 - 12:47 PM

You have to authenticate with your dish username and password.

#33 OFFLINE   talkdj

talkdj

Mentor

• Registered
  • 47 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 07:17 AM

This is very cool. Works great on my Incredible. Now if I could get a Roku version .....,:-)

#34 OFFLINE   PhantomOG

PhantomOG

Legend

• Registered
  • 183 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 09:04 AM

This is very cool. Works great on my Incredible. Now if I could get a Roku version .....,:-)

which browser are you using on the phone? I just tried logging on with my HTC Thunderbolt and I get a page not found after entering in my credentials. Makes me think it sees a smartphone user and disables...

#35 OFFLINE   olguy

olguy

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,234 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 09:24 AM

which browser are you using on the phone? I just tried logging on with my HTC Thunderbolt and I get a page not found after entering in my credentials. Makes me think it sees a smartphone user and disables...

It works fine on my HTC EVO. Get the HBOGO app from the app store.
Just another old geezer killin' time till time kills me.

#36 OFFLINE   RasputinAXP

RasputinAXP

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,135 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 09:37 AM

...just download the HBOGO app in the Market.

"Belligerent and numerous."

Sometimes I update the Dish Network FAQ

AT200, Hopper & 360 via HDMI to Onkyo 505 to basement 42" Westy, Hopper via Comp-over-Cat5 to living room 42" Vizio with a Roku 3, Joey to Toshiba 32" LCD with a Logitech Revue. You want fries with that? Pull up to the 2nd window.

#37 OFFLINE   PhantomOG

PhantomOG

Legend

• Registered
  • 183 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 10:59 AM

Ah, ok. Since I only have Cinemax and not HBO, I can't log in using the HBO GO app :(

#38 OFFLINE   scootercruising

scootercruising

• Registered
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 June 2011 - 10:14 PM

Why would someone that is already subscribed to HBO really need to have access to series and movies already on HBO? Seems like if I had HBO, I would just record the stuff I really wanted anyways. Very few people that I know ever go back and re-watch very many movies or series that they have already seen.
l.

The reason is simple: I'm subscribed to HBO, but my parents aren't. If I want to visit them at the shore, I can still get HBOGO on my laptop. I love it!

#39 OFFLINE   Paul Secic

Paul Secic

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 6,136 posts

Posted 27 June 2011 - 12:18 PM

Well, you can watch them using any browser on your laptop or tablet. From Engadget two days ago this news:

I still can't get into HBO GO. It doesn't like my password.

Enjoying AT 250 HBO, 

#40 OFFLINE   hasbeen29650

hasbeen29650

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 51 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 12:36 PM

This seems as good a place as any to discuss this. Some carriers allow subaccounts for HBOgo and MAXgo so that two family members maybe watching different shows on HBOgo at the same time on different devices. I just asked in online chat with Dish and was told no subaccounts. Wanted to check and make sure that was true since the CSRs are not always all knowing.

Thanks

Protected By... spam firewall...And...