Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Playstation Network may be down for two days?!

• Please log in to reply
63 replies to this topic

#61 ONLINE   The Merg

The Merg

1*

• Registered
  • 10,268 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 18 May 2011 - 06:31 PM

I was able to change my password a few days ago after I updated the console.

Here's the cnet article on the password exploit.

Yeah, the article says they took down the password reset page due to a URL exploit and while it has been fixed, the page is still down.

Guess I'm SOL for now.

- Merg

Today's problems don't worry me, I haven't solved yesterday's yet.

SlimLine-3 Dish w/ SWM16 (HD Service / WHDVR) / Full Setup
HR34-700 / Panasonic TC-P50G25 HDTV / HDMI / Networked - DECA / Family Room
HR44-700 / Samsung HCM5525W HDTV / Component / Networked - DECA / Bedroom

HR24-100 / Samsung HCM5525W HDTV / Component / Networked - DECA / Bedroom

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#62 OFFLINE   Davenlr

Davenlr

Geek til I die

• Registered
  • 9,090 posts

Posted 18 May 2011 - 06:51 PM

What did you do to change your password? Logon four times with the old one and then it prompted on the PS3 to change it?

- Merg

No. First time I tried to log on, it told me my password had expired, and to choose a new one. After entering the new one, it gave me an error. I hit back, and entered it again, and got an error. Tried that 4 times, and on the 4th time, it accepted the new password, and took me to the TOS screen. After I accepted the TOS, it took me BACK to the login screen again. Typed in my new password, told it to save it, and it logged me on.

When I tried to do anything, however, it said the server was down. So I am watching ESPN3 via my playon server with it now.

Tivo Premier XL4, Tivo Premier, Tivo HD whole home on Xfinity HD, DirecTv Whole Home with 39" high gain KaKu dish, Roku3,SageTv 8 TB Win8 Server -> DVDO Edge-> Denon AVR, Klipsch KB15's/Panasonic 55ST60 plasma"

#63 ONLINE   The Merg

The Merg

1*

• Registered
  • 10,268 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 18 May 2011 - 07:24 PM

No. First time I tried to log on, it told me my password had expired, and to choose a new one. After entering the new one, it gave me an error. I hit back, and entered it again, and got an error. Tried that 4 times, and on the 4th time, it accepted the new password, and took me to the TOS screen. After I accepted the TOS, it took me BACK to the login screen again. Typed in my new password, told it to save it, and it logged me on.

When I tried to do anything, however, it said the server was down. So I am watching ESPN3 via my playon server with it now.

Gotcha. For me it just stated that I needed to change my password (nothing about it being expired) and that a link was sent to my e-mail address. Guess I'll hafta wait till the password reset page comes back up.

- Merg

Today's problems don't worry me, I haven't solved yesterday's yet.

SlimLine-3 Dish w/ SWM16 (HD Service / WHDVR) / Full Setup
HR34-700 / Panasonic TC-P50G25 HDTV / HDMI / Networked - DECA / Family Room
HR44-700 / Samsung HCM5525W HDTV / Component / Networked - DECA / Bedroom

HR24-100 / Samsung HCM5525W HDTV / Component / Networked - DECA / Bedroom

#64 OFFLINE   Lucavex

Lucavex

AllStar

• Registered
  • 94 posts

Posted 19 May 2011 - 07:23 AM

Personally, I'm waiting until all this mess blows over before I sign onto my PSN again.

Anonymous has been threatening another attack, and while 90% of the crap they talk I take with a grain of salt, there are a few among them who can back up those claims with action. So I think I'll just keep my happy bum off the PSN until this is all resolved. No matter how secure the system, there will always be vulnerabilities if it's connected to the internet.
The color differs from my own but.. Would you express them in your own hues, and paint.. for me?

Protected By... spam firewall...And...