OK, folks, an update...
Spoke to the SBCA today. They recommended I file a petition with the FCC, which is what I will do once I finish moving all this crap upstairs (ain't easy to do when one's not in his 20s anymore--hell, I'd pay to be in my 30s even!).
Here's a brief synopsis of what the SBCA believes violates the OTARD rules:
- Written notices to install dishes are not permitted if installation is done on one's exclusive use property
- Requiring the purchase and use of a device such as a so-called "through the glass" transmitter are not permitted if such devices no longer exist, or are not technically capable of delivering a consistent, quality signal, or if a renter/owner is legally able to utilize a dish via another means
- Requiring a dish to be "as invisible as possible" is not permitted, so long as the dish is within the confines of the exclusive use property
- A deposit to install a dish is not permitted
- A requirement to purchase additional insurance that assesses an undue burden upon the resident is not permitted
So, I guess these are just some of the primary improprieties in this addendum.
Looks like it's off to the FCC I go. Management is going to loooovvvve me after this!
Note: Even though much of this doesn't really apply to me--they're not prohibiting me from relocating my dish; they just wanted me to sign this--I decided to dig into this addendum for two reasons: (1) They MAY try to get it to apply to me in the future if I sign it and don't contest it; and (2) No other current or future resident should have to put up with this stupid thing.
FAITH: I find the lack of it disturbing.
Opinions are my own but should be those of all Americans, who would be much better off intellectually, psychologically, and emotionally if that were the case.