Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

The Battle is on! My landlord now demands I remove my dish

• Please log in to reply
1045 replies to this topic

#1041 OFFLINE   Lord Vader

Lord Vader

Special Member

• Topic Starter
  • DBSTalk Club
  • 8,173 posts
  • LocationGalactic Empire

Posted 16 July 2013 - 06:33 PM

I was thinking of doing that. When I get it back (they're making copies for me), I'll post it here.

FAITH: I find the lack of it disturbing.

Opinions are my own but should be those of all Americans, who would be much better off intellectually, psychologically, and emotionally if that were the case.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#1042 OFFLINE   DornoDiosMio

DornoDiosMio

• Registered
  • 6 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 18 July 2013 - 04:16 AM

I read this whole thread, I think it took me about 4 hours. My neck is really stiff now and its 5am, but, I just couldn't stop!  Just have to say you are the man Lord Vader!

I'm finally ditching Comcast and getting satellite TV.  So I researched everything to death, including stuff that has no bearing on me whatsoever because I own my home. 

It sure was an entertaining read though!  It's going to be so hard waiting for the rest of the 'story' to develop now, after reading the last 2+ years of your life in just 4 hours, hehe.

#1043 OFFLINE   Lord Vader

Lord Vader

Special Member

• Topic Starter
  • DBSTalk Club
  • 8,173 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 07:50 AM

:coolglass  :coolglass  :coolglass

Opinions are my own but should be those of all Americans, who would be much better off intellectually, psychologically, and emotionally if that were the case.

#1044 OFFLINE   BLMN

BLMN

Mentor

• Registered
  • 46 posts
  • LocationSouthern NH

Posted 24 July 2013 - 05:27 PM

So I had mine installed for over 2 years now (I rent an apartment with balcony) and the strange thing is i haven't noticed any other apartment here with satellite, Just me and another guy that had it before me. it makes me wonder if the 'acting' manager here is telling people they can't have it and saying that me and the other guy were grandfathered (which is not the case).

TV Models: Mitsubishi WD-65C9, WD-82738 + 3DC-1000 Kit.

TV Provider: Directv (Slimline 5 Dish + World Direct Dish), Cinema Connection Kit (Wired), 2 HR24-500 Receivers

Gaming/Blu-ray: PS3 First Gen (FAT) 60GB, PS4 Launch Edition

Streaming: Roku 2 XS

Audio/DVD: Onkyo HTS-9400THX, Oppo DV-980H

#1045 OFFLINE   Lord Vader

Lord Vader

Special Member

• Topic Starter
  • DBSTalk Club
  • 8,173 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 05:32 PM

what is in the form ? can you scan it and post here ?

The part that is not permissible on the addendum is where it says that a security deposit in the amount of $500 is required to have a dish installed on one's balcony/patio, and that this security deposit is separate from the apartment's normal security deposit (which, IIRC, is around $100). My contact at the SBCA stated that such dish deposits are NOT permitted, as they, among other things, add an undue burden upon the resident.

#1046 OFFLINE   P Smith

P Smith

Mr. FixAnything

• Registered
  • 19,758 posts
  • LocationMediterranean Sea

Posted 24 July 2013 - 06:52 PM

oh damn ! 5 times high then normal deposit ! definitely to drag down all potential owners of the dishes

spam firewall