Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

The Battle is on! My landlord now demands I remove my dish

• Please log in to reply
1045 replies to this topic

#161 OFFLINE   Lord Vader

Lord Vader

Special Member

• Topic Starter
  • DBSTalk Club
  • 8,132 posts
  • LocationGalactic Empire

Posted 10 May 2011 - 07:20 PM

Maybe this whole situation will just fade into the night due to lack of interest by the upper management.

The Force has a strong influence on the weak mind.

FAITH: I find the lack of it disturbing.

Opinions are my own but should be those of all Americans, who would be much better off intellectually, psychologically, and emotionally if that were the case.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#162 OFFLINE   Lord Vader

Lord Vader

Special Member

• Topic Starter
  • DBSTalk Club
  • 8,132 posts

Posted 10 May 2011 - 07:21 PM

My guess is it will continue to come around again on the gittar every so often.

Less often if LV gets a written "Okie Dokie"; more often if they let it slide for another year or two. :)

Cheers,
Tom

They keep pressing; I'll keep pushing back.

Opinions are my own but should be those of all Americans, who would be much better off intellectually, psychologically, and emotionally if that were the case.

#163 OFFLINE   Tom Robertson

Tom Robertson

Lifetime Achiever

• DBSTalk Club
  • 20,245 posts

Posted 10 May 2011 - 07:23 PM

They keep pressing; I'll keep pushing back.

I didn't think that needed stating. :)

(And good for you--helping out your fellow inmates.) :)

Go Packers!

My real treasures: 5 Grandchildren - S, D, M, M, C ; Now 5! Great-Grandtibbers - B, H, J, A, and M (Born 7/31/2011)

#164 OFFLINE   Lord Vader

Lord Vader

Special Member

• Topic Starter
  • DBSTalk Club
  • 8,132 posts

Posted 10 May 2011 - 07:24 PM

!Devil_lol

#165 OFFLINE   joe diamond

joe diamond

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,071 posts

Posted 10 May 2011 - 07:30 PM

It is time they learned the true power of this station!

Call the home office and tell them the local manager has not heard about the latest decision on dish antennae for the property. Tell them she is worried because you can tell when you call her or see her on the grounds.

Joe

#166 OFFLINE   Lord Vader

Lord Vader

Special Member

• Topic Starter
  • DBSTalk Club
  • 8,132 posts

Posted 10 May 2011 - 08:36 PM

I'm going to let sleeping dogs lie for now.

#167 OFFLINE   Tom Robertson

Tom Robertson

Lifetime Achiever

• DBSTalk Club
  • 20,245 posts

Posted 10 May 2011 - 08:40 PM

I've just figured out their entire strategy at this point. They are hoping that by doing nothing on their part you will let the dogs lie. They know that you are right and if they do anything official, right or wrong, you'll publicize the OTARD to everyone in whole complex... :)

Cheers,
Tom

Go Packers!

My real treasures: 5 Grandchildren - S, D, M, M, C ; Now 5! Great-Grandtibbers - B, H, J, A, and M (Born 7/31/2011)

#168 OFFLINE   Lord Vader

Lord Vader

Special Member

• Topic Starter
  • DBSTalk Club
  • 8,132 posts

Posted 10 May 2011 - 08:46 PM

Hehehe. Now would I do something as vindictive as that? :D

#169 OFFLINE   Tom Robertson

Tom Robertson

Lifetime Achiever

• DBSTalk Club
  • 20,245 posts

Posted 10 May 2011 - 08:48 PM

Hehehe. Now would I do something as vindictive as that? :D

While I suspect you might do something vindictive, this ain't vindictive... This is educational material that all US citizens are duty bound to know. :) :)

Cheers,
Tom

Go Packers!

#170 OFFLINE   Lord Vader

Lord Vader

Special Member

• Topic Starter
  • DBSTalk Club
  • 8,132 posts

Posted 10 May 2011 - 09:21 PM

Perhaps

#171 ONLINE   carl6

carl6

Hall Of Fame

• Moderators
  • 10,789 posts
  • LocationSeattle, WA

Posted 11 May 2011 - 08:22 AM

I agree, the highest probability is that upper management will do nothing. I'm not sure what your best option is. I would be inclined to do nothing unless/until they again come back and tell you to remove the dish. However, I think that is pretty likely (that they will again tell you to remove the dish). So maybe it is best to push for resolution. A polite letter to your complex manager asking for an update might be sufficient for now. She can then pass that on to her superiors.

#172 OFFLINE   Herdfan

Herdfan

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 5,966 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 08:31 AM

I agree, the highest probability is that upper management will do nothing.

But if they bring it up again, don't even bother with giving them a copy of OTARD (You have done that and it is probably in your file.) Just go straight to the FCC with a complaint and keep at it until you win and have victory in hand.

Them bringing it up every so often is harassment and interferes with your life.

#173 OFFLINE   bsprague

bsprague

Legend

• Registered
  • 230 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 09:12 AM

...... So maybe it is best to push for resolution. A polite letter to your complex manager asking for an update might be sufficient for now. She can then pass that on to her superiors.

I've been lurking here and now I can't resist joining in.

But first let me say that I think antennas are ugly on nice structures, that I once hid one in my yard from a HOA, that I have one on my condo and am now on a HOA board that is supposed keep the antennas hidden from public view.

That said, I would write a letter asking for resolution. In that letter I would state that lack of response would be assumed resolution and their acknowledgement that a copy of federals rules has been delivered to them.

I would send it FedEx. Track and print the FedEx delivery on line and print a copy for your records.

One way or the the other, it will provide further entertainment for us lurkers.

Bill, a DirecTV customer since 1999
--Condo: Slimline AU9, HR21-100 > Panasonic 42” Plasma with Bose CineMate, HR24-200> Sony KDL-55HX800 LED & 3D with Sony Soundbar HT-CT150, Wii
--Motorhome: 2004 40' Beaver, ISC 350 Cummins, KVH R5 - in motion, R15-500 > 30" Sharp Aquos LCD

#174 OFFLINE   admdata

admdata

Legend

• Registered
  • 112 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 12:43 PM

I agree with you LV if they don't say anything more let it be!
if it ain't broke don't fix it!
Account closed by Directv on 7/7/2011
All leased equipment returned

On 7/8/2011 Directv charges me for 2 receivers one DVR at ($175.00) and a Standard STB for ($45.00), good grief!!

Note: Directv did reverse the equipment charges

#175 OFFLINE   Lord Vader

Lord Vader

Special Member

• Topic Starter
  • DBSTalk Club
  • 8,132 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 01:52 PM

As long as I don't come home one day and find my dish lying in my living room. ;)

#176 OFFLINE   Laxguy

Laxguy

Fortuna! Fameux des Halles

• DBSTalk Club
  • 11,472 posts
  • LocationWinters, California

Posted 11 May 2011 - 02:43 PM

As long as I don't come home one day and find my dish lying in my living room. ;)

The usual manner is you'll find part of the arm and the LNB under the bed covers.....

From my iPhone via DBSTalk
"Laxguy" means a guy who loves lacrosse.

#177 OFFLINE   joe diamond

joe diamond

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,071 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 02:54 PM

How about a push back?

If that dish were to become a new and brighter color the discussion would move from dish-or-no-dish to please-change-it-back.

Letting sleeping dogs lie is a plan but if that little ******* bites you every time he wakes up....your best chance with an ax handel is while he snoozing.

Joe

#178 OFFLINE   Lord Vader

Lord Vader

Special Member

• Topic Starter
  • DBSTalk Club
  • 8,132 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 03:13 PM

I like your evil mentality.

#179 OFFLINE   trh

trh

This Space for Sale

• Registered
  • 3,233 posts
  • LocationNE FL

Posted 11 May 2011 - 04:34 PM

Time to wake the sleeping dogs.

To paraphrase Bluto -- "Over? What do you mean it's over? Nothing is over until we decide it is over. Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?"

You need to end this situation through the FCC with their complaint system. If you don't, all current and future residents of your complex who want a DBS will be told (in your words), "we don't allow dishes; we have an exclusive contract for that" and if they ask about your dish, "he is grandfathered in."

So go forth Lord Vader and show them that it isn't over until LV says it is over.

May the Force be with you.

#180 OFFLINE   P Smith

P Smith

Mr. FixAnything

• Registered
  • 19,702 posts
  • LocationBay Area

Posted 11 May 2011 - 04:54 PM

"Germans?"

spam firewall