Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Fox Sports Southwest schedule

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   prabs24

prabs24

Mentor

• Registered
  • 34 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 09:42 PM

Hi All,
I am a relatively new subscriber to Dish Network. I have a question about Fox Sports Southwest. No this is not about most games not being on HD!

Why is it that I get totally different programming on that channel than what the fox sports SW website says. I live in Austin, TX.

For example, today Wednesday (4/27), the fox sports southwest website says that for the Central Texas Area, we should get the Spurs Grizzlies game. Instead all I saw was a Rangers baseball game. Fortunately I have NBA TV so I could catch the game there but I am wondering, why is DISH providing different programming (maybe the Dallas feed?) here.

I was with Time Warner until 2 months back and I never had this problem.

Can DISH only provide one sub feed of the channel? Can someone please help me understand?

Thanks

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   satexplorer

satexplorer

Godfather

• Registered
  • 513 posts
  • LocationDock X

Posted 28 April 2011 - 02:14 PM

Grizzlies vs Spurs was on FOX Sports Southwest's Alternate channel. 9514 (HD) and 444 (SD)

#3 OFFLINE   prabs24

prabs24

Mentor

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 34 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 05:14 PM

Are you sure? When I try to record that channel I get the following message:
"This program is not available for viewing in your area"

What is going on? Does anyone know?

#4 OFFLINE   satexplorer

satexplorer

Godfather

• Registered
  • 513 posts
  • LocationDock X

Posted 29 April 2011 - 10:21 PM

NBA blackout policy for regional sports networks is 150-miles. Dish Network may have a different blackout policy. That policy shouldn't be about leap frogs. Austin doesn't have a NBA team, San Antonio to Austin is 80 miles. The game was also shown on NBA TV which is a national network.

Local broadcast on KENS and KMYS in San Antonio, will cause a 75-mile Local blackout, it could apply to any Regional Sports Networks that are airing the game in Austin.

If Dish Network National call center doesn't help, call your local satellite distributor.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...