Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

HR24 in RF mode double commands?

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   jms6612

jms6612

• Registered
  • 8 posts

Posted 05 May 2011 - 11:10 AM

As with Vcook, the Directv service technicians came out this morning and replaced my HR24-500 receiver with an identical model, and the problem completely disappeared! The RF remotes work perfectly now. I use three RF remotes to control the receiver throughout the house. There must have been a bad batch of receivers made, although most customers probably wouldn't notice the problem since they typically use the IR mode. The technicians said they had not seen the problem before, for that reason. They also replaced all of my outdoor coax connectors with the compression type for improved reliability with the satellite signals, without my asking.

Thanks for posting your experiences. It helped the rest of us!

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#22 OFFLINE   beckley

beckley

• Registered
  • 2 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 03:28 AM

I've been struggling with this problem for a long time on my HR24/500, and I finally found an acceptable solution. I didn't want to swap out receivers due to all of my recordings. I had my receiver on a open shelf in a stand underneath my TV. I moved the receiver on to the floor under the stand, and now I no longer get the doubling behavior! The shelf had a heavy coat of paint, so maybe it was more reflective which caused the repeating? I don't know for sure, but I don't really care as much as it is working now. I thought I would share in case it might help others.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...