Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

722K Recording Same Program Twice

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   SergeantPinback

SergeantPinback

Mentor

• Registered
  • 39 posts

Posted 06 May 2011 - 10:03 PM

Well, here's a new problem...

I have a Dish 722K DVR and I noticed that it recorded the same exact program twice today. I have Jeopardy set up to tape all episodes on ABC (007-00 in LA area) and it used both tuner 1 and tuner 2 to tape friday's episode twice. Now because it used both tuners to record the same program, it skipped another program that was supposed to record on the other tuner. So, looking at my recorded programs, I have the same, exact episode of Jeopardy on there twice.

Looking thru the next week, I see several programs where this is occuring - on wednesday, Survivor is recording twice on CBS at 8:00pm (using tuner 1 and 2, skipping The Middle on ABC), Jimmy Kimmel Live is set to record twice friday late night, and I see several daytime shows next week that are doing the same thing.

Now, as far as I know everything was ok thursday night. Maybe something happened when the box reset early friday morning.

In all the years I've owned a Dish DVR, I've never seen this before. In fact, it's not even possible to set up the same program to record twice, on the same channel and same time. At least, I can't do it.

I'm going to call Dish again after my programs are done tonight, but they didn't seem to be able to figure out what I was talking about earlier.

I think these DVRs have minds of their own. Anyone ever see this before?

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   TulsaOK

TulsaOK

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,469 posts

Posted 06 May 2011 - 11:05 PM

Check the recorded history to see what happened.
<span style='font-size: 10px;'>“Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid.”<br /> - John Wayne</span><br /><br />Avatar: Tanner 1992 - 2009

#3 OFFLINE   Orion9

Orion9

Legend

• Registered
  • 195 posts

Posted 07 May 2011 - 09:32 AM

I assume you haven't set it to record duplicates.

Is this a dish pass or a timer?

#4 OFFLINE   Jim5506

Jim5506

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,465 posts

Posted 08 May 2011 - 02:39 PM

First, do a power cord reboot of your receiver, to clear any cobwebs left in its brain.

Second delete and reset the timers.

It might even be a time to do a factory reset of th receiver.

Check to see if the probelm persists after each step (we needent do more if one fixes it.)

It the double recordings are still in the timer list, try going in and skipping one of them and see if it skips only one or if it skips both.

If after the power cord reset, skipping and other steps the problem persits, I'd call Dish and report that your software is corrupted (give a full explanation of the problem and what you have done to troubleshoot it) and see if they will replace the receiver.
Tuners: Hopper 2000; Hopper w/Sling; 3 Joeys; Samsung SIR-T351; Accurian 6000;2 X HD TiVo; 2 X TiVo Series 2 Stand alone; Panasonic Showstopper 2000
Dish 1000.2 @ 110, 119, 129; dish 500 @ 61.5
Antennas - CM4228; RS U75-R; coathanger; Funke PSP.1922 (stillin the box); paperclip
Displays: Sony VPH D50Q with HD Fury HDMI input; Hitachi 57F59; Sony Bravia LCD;Sanyo 32" LCD; Panasonic 42" plasma
Sony 80GB PS3; Toshiba HD-DVD

Give me a Finco colinear array and I'll rule the world - HA-HA-HA-HA!

#5 OFFLINE   TulsaOK

TulsaOK

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,469 posts

Posted 08 May 2011 - 08:57 PM

Or, delete one of the recordings. :)
<span style='font-size: 10px;'>“Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid.”<br /> - John Wayne</span><br /><br />Avatar: Tanner 1992 - 2009

Protected By... spam firewall...And...