Welcome to DBSTalk
Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
- Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
- Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
- Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
- Customize your profile page and make new friends
Staying with DirecTV
Posted 12 May 2011 - 01:56 PM
Posted 12 May 2011 - 02:20 PM
oops, Wrong thread.
Posted 12 May 2011 - 03:21 PM
Will miss NFL ST but they have redzone channel.
Posted 13 May 2011 - 08:57 AM
ON the other hand neither do I get the posting everything you do on Facebook.
AttiTech 10:52am just clicked on quote so I can copy pasta something someone said on the internet and people will think it's funny.
AttiTech 10:54am just stubbed my toe
AttiTech 10:55am Toe feels better but I'm starving. Anyone want to go grab some food?
Those are the reasons I don't have a Facebook. It's filled with garbage like that and if anyone wants to speak with me and tell me about their day, I have a cell phone and a gmail account. Don't need something else to waste time on.
Posted 18 May 2011 - 12:30 PM
Yep. It's amazing that if you have DirecTV installed by a fully trained, authorized installer, you understand the bill that you pay each month, and you understand basic economics, how good a service DirecTV offers.
i've always said....directv has superior product, inferior customer service. since joining in 1996, i would say 25% of the time i get the customer svc any customer deserves. the other 75% they have boggled my mind with an amazing aptitude to do very little correctly. i've never seen anything like it. if i only had another alternative avialable in our area (not incl the even worse dish), i would have tried it long ago. simply put, their programming and dvr's are very good. you just have to do your best to never have to call them....for anything.
Posted 18 May 2011 - 12:36 PM
Just want to announce i am still staying with directv....as opposed to some other threads that say they are leaving.
That is all.
Good for you.:allthumbs
Someone needs a hug.
Posted 19 May 2011 - 10:56 AM
Posted 20 May 2011 - 05:03 AM
We'll be switching from Comcast to Uverse for internet, but I can't seriously consider Uverse for TV. All of my inlaws have it, but the picture is just too soft. I helped my father in law pick out and setup a new 47" Vizio. At first, Uverse didn't even set them up with HD service and hooked them up with a yellow video cable! Even after they came back out and turned on the HD service and hooked up the HDMI cables, the picture quality is just nowhere close to what I enjoy with DirecTv.
About the only thing lacking for me from DirecTv at this point is BBC America HD, but I imagine that will eventually get added, judging from the interest expressed in this forum.
So, +1 for DirecTv.