Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of DBSTalk by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Staying with DirecTV

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   J Blow

J Blow

Legend

• Registered
  • 242 posts

Posted 12 May 2011 - 01:56 PM

It's pretty simply for me. Sunday Ticket. I don't know what they would really have to do to make me move on. Also, I am just familiar with and like the DirecTV interface. In addition to all that, there is just something that feels good about brandy loyalty. I like to be able to say I've been a customer for 15 years. Above all this, I just think Dtv has the most to offer.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#22 OFFLINE   yogi

yogi

Legend

• Registered
  • 124 posts

Posted 12 May 2011 - 02:20 PM

I hate DirecTV , It cost to much, I paying overpriced programing to pay for CEO's bonus,I getting bad service.
oops, Wrong thread.

#23 OFFLINE   jerrylove56

jerrylove56

Godfather

• Registered
  • 370 posts
  • LocationNorth Alabama

Posted 12 May 2011 - 03:21 PM

I did leave early this year and not really missings programming but the DVR. Went to comcast and On Demand offering is "night and day" from what DTV offered. Comcast DVR sucks but in our area the program offering is equal to or better than what I had with DTV.(Free HBO for a year, Encore channels included, HD offering the same or better than DTV and Customer Service is better than my last experiences with DTV)
Will miss NFL ST but they have redzone channel.

#24 OFFLINE   AttiTech

AttiTech

Godfather

• Registered
  • 499 posts

Posted 13 May 2011 - 08:57 AM

ON the other hand neither do I get the posting everything you do on Facebook.

AttiTech 10:52am just clicked on quote so I can copy pasta something someone said on the internet and people will think it's funny.

AttiTech 10:54am just stubbed my toe

AttiTech 10:55am Toe feels better but I'm starving. Anyone want to go grab some food?

Those are the reasons I don't have a Facebook. It's filled with garbage like that and if anyone wants to speak with me and tell me about their day, I have a cell phone and a gmail account. Don't need something else to waste time on.

#25 OFFLINE   rb5505

rb5505

Legend

• Registered
  • 203 posts

Posted 18 May 2011 - 12:30 PM

Yep. It's amazing that if you have DirecTV installed by a fully trained, authorized installer, you understand the bill that you pay each month, and you understand basic economics, how good a service DirecTV offers.

i've always said....directv has superior product, inferior customer service. since joining in 1996, i would say 25% of the time i get the customer svc any customer deserves. the other 75% they have boggled my mind with an amazing aptitude to do very little correctly. i've never seen anything like it. if i only had another alternative avialable in our area (not incl the even worse dish), i would have tried it long ago. simply put, their programming and dvr's are very good. you just have to do your best to never have to call them....for anything.

#26 OFFLINE   armophob

armophob

Difficulty Concen........

• DBSTalk Club
  • 6,822 posts

Posted 18 May 2011 - 12:36 PM

Just want to announce i am still staying with directv....as opposed to some other threads that say they are leaving.

That is all.

Good for you.:allthumbs

Someone needs a hug.

#27 OFFLINE   GBFAN

GBFAN

Godfather

• Registered
  • 320 posts

Posted 19 May 2011 - 10:56 AM

I have been staying since 1996.

#28 OFFLINE   utlimate_ed

utlimate_ed

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 20 posts

Posted 20 May 2011 - 05:03 AM

Count me in the staying with DirecTv camp as well. We're closing on our new house in June and called up the mover's connection number. I had decided to make the move to WHDVR at the new house and replacing the R15 DVR with a second HR DVR. We've been with them for ten years now and got the WHDVR install free (which was probably an easy call for them, since they are already doing a truck roll for the new move install, but still). Also got a free run of HBO/Cinemax so I'm getting to enjoy the new Game of Thrones. Getting caught up on the previous episodes thanks to On Demand.

We'll be switching from Comcast to Uverse for internet, but I can't seriously consider Uverse for TV. All of my inlaws have it, but the picture is just too soft. I helped my father in law pick out and setup a new 47" Vizio. At first, Uverse didn't even set them up with HD service and hooked them up with a yellow video cable! Even after they came back out and turned on the HD service and hooked up the HDMI cables, the picture quality is just nowhere close to what I enjoy with DirecTv.

About the only thing lacking for me from DirecTv at this point is BBC America HD, but I imagine that will eventually get added, judging from the interest expressed in this forum.

So, +1 for DirecTv.

spam firewall