Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

HR20/21/22/23/24, H21/23/24/25 & R22 (National Release) - Issues/Discussion

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
619 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   jfeheley

jfeheley

AllStar

• Registered
  • 54 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 08:55 PM

Star rating system is also missing on movies.

I noticed the star rating system is not there. Anybody know if it is gone for good?

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#22 OFFLINE   Doug Brott

Doug Brott

Lifetime Achiever

• Topic Starter
  • DBSTalk Club
  • 28,920 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 11 May 2011 - 09:09 PM

I don't think it's gone. Might simply be needing to wait for all of the guide data to propagate after the download.
DIRECTV Firmware Monitor - iPhone - Android - HTML5

DIRECTV employee since August 2011.
All comments are my own. Unless specifically stated, my views do NOT represent the views of DIRECTV

#23 OFFLINE   Laxguy

Laxguy

Fortuna! Fameux des Halles

• DBSTalk Club
  • 12,637 posts
  • LocationWinters, California

Posted 11 May 2011 - 09:10 PM

PIP, I really could not care less about. The "PIP-style" window in the GUI is just an annoyance and absolutely there should be a user preference setting as to whether it is visible or not. Each and every one of you knows I am not wrong about this, even those who might love that stupid little window.

You mean the tiny picture when Channel Guide or List is in use? I use it frequently, and only wish it were 50% bigger. But it's fine for talk shows, much news, standup, etc., so one can peruse the above and still be watching.

To prevent tipping off scores, pause it, silence it and just don't look at it, or change the channel to a neutral one that won't tip off scores.
"Laxguy" means a guy who loves lacrosse.

#24 OFFLINE   TheRatPatrol

TheRatPatrol

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 6,763 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, AZ

Posted 11 May 2011 - 09:47 PM

Overall its not that bad. Its a few more keystrokes to get to CC though. I still wish they had a better way to toggle screen formats (pick list) and a shortcut to the TODO list (LIST>LIST). :sure:

#25 OFFLINE   Jeremy W

Jeremy W

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 13,447 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 09:51 PM

The Channel Banner help now mentions PIP: "If your DIRECTV receiver supports Picture-in-Picture, you can change your current settings here."

Clearly we're not that far from a receiver that does support it. ;)

#26 OFFLINE   DarkSkies

DarkSkies

Legend

• Registered
  • 229 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 09:57 PM

One of my receivers seems to always lag behind the others in getting software updates. I have a couple HR20-700s and an HR21-100, and it was almost two full months before the -100 got the equivalent software that the -700 receivers got.

HR20-700 _ 0x458 _ 02/15/2011
HR21-100 _ 0x459 _ 04/07/2011

Any idea why this would be? Does it mean that this new release with the info banner updates will be really delayed on that one receiver again?

#27 OFFLINE   TheRatPatrol

TheRatPatrol

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 6,763 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, AZ

Posted 11 May 2011 - 10:09 PM

The Channel Banner help now mentions PIP: "If your DIRECTV receiver supports Picture-in-Picture, you can change your current settings here."

Wheres the channel banner help located at?

Thanks

#28 OFFLINE   Drucifer

Drucifer

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 8,034 posts
  • LocationNY Hudson Valley

Posted 11 May 2011 - 10:38 PM

Well two of my TVs support PIP. I definitely going to check that out. It comes in handy during baseball game rain delays.
DREW
Do it Right, Do it Once
LR: HR34-7, Den: HR24-1, MB: HR24-5, Bsm: HR24-2, Kit: H25-5
PrimeStar '95, DirecTV  '00

#29 OFFLINE   Drucifer

Drucifer

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 8,034 posts
  • LocationNY Hudson Valley

Posted 11 May 2011 - 10:42 PM

Wheres the channel banner help located at?

Thanks

My guess, the Help section in Setup Menu
DREW
Do it Right, Do it Once
LR: HR34-7, Den: HR24-1, MB: HR24-5, Bsm: HR24-2, Kit: H25-5
PrimeStar '95, DirecTV  '00

#30 OFFLINE   Jeremy W

Jeremy W

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 13,447 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 10:57 PM

Well two of my TVs support PIP. I definitely going to check that out. It comes in handy during baseball game rain delays.

It has nothing to do with your TV, and your DirecTV receiver definitely doesn't support PIP.

#31 OFFLINE   hilmar2k

hilmar2k

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,251 posts

Posted 12 May 2011 - 05:42 AM

Well, then you can add a second receiver to your TV and you'll have your PIP. Otherwise, as Jeremy said, you'll have to wait for PIP capable receivers.

#32 OFFLINE   Doug Brott

Doug Brott

Lifetime Achiever

• Topic Starter
  • DBSTalk Club
  • 28,920 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 12 May 2011 - 06:06 AM

Any idea why this would be? Does it mean that this new release with the info banner updates will be really delayed on that one receiver again?

I think this time around each receiver in the house will get the update at the same time.
DIRECTV Firmware Monitor - iPhone - Android - HTML5

DIRECTV employee since August 2011.
All comments are my own. Unless specifically stated, my views do NOT represent the views of DIRECTV

#33 OFFLINE   DarkSkies

DarkSkies

Legend

• Registered
  • 229 posts

Posted 12 May 2011 - 06:45 AM

I think this time around each receiver in the house will get the update at the same time.

Thanks Doug.

#34 OFFLINE   dlt4

dlt4

Godfather

• Registered
  • 447 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 12 May 2011 - 07:37 AM

Ever since the upgrade to 0x4a6 ESPN2 is greyed out on both my HR20 and HR22. I still receive the programming though.

The other thing that happened is that the only SL that I have on 209 disappeared from the ToDo list. When I manually set them to record from the guide I got an message saying something about the program may not record because the receiver isn't authorized for that channel.

What the heck is going on? :confused:

DirecTV customer since 2003
HR44-700 --> Sony KDL-46XBR4
HR24-500 --> Sony KDL-32EX500

#35 OFFLINE   ATARI

ATARI

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,876 posts

Posted 12 May 2011 - 07:42 AM

Overall its not that bad. Its a few more keystrokes to get to CC though. I still wish they had a better way to toggle screen formats (pick list) and a shortcut to the TODO list (LIST>LIST). :sure:

I still miss YELLOW going straight to "To Do".

#36 OFFLINE   ATARI

ATARI

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,876 posts

Posted 12 May 2011 - 07:44 AM

Ever since the upgrade to 0x4a6 ESPN2 is greyed out on both my HR20 and HR22. I still receive the programming though.

The other thing that happened is that the only SL that I have on 209 disappeared from the ToDo list. When I manually set them to record from the guide I got an message saying something about the program may not record because the receiver isn't authorized for that channel.

My ESPN2 is also grayed-out, but I haven't gotten the update -- so must be a separate issue. I can still tune it in just fine, so no biggie.

#37 OFFLINE   dlt4

dlt4

Godfather

• Registered
  • 447 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 12 May 2011 - 07:46 AM

I still miss YELLOW going straight to "To Do".

Indeed! Too bad it wasn't added to the info banner. :(

#38 OFFLINE   dlt4

dlt4

Godfather

• Registered
  • 447 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 12 May 2011 - 08:05 AM

My ESPN2 is also grayed-out, but I haven't gotten the update -- so must be a separate issue. I can still tune it in just fine, so no biggie.

I'm just wondering what the deal is with my SL recordings being deleted from the ToDo list though, and why the message about receiver authorization when I set them to record again. I guess I'll just have to see if it happens again.

#39 OFFLINE   Smuuth

Smuuth

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 2,222 posts

Posted 12 May 2011 - 09:02 AM

You can directly tune it, yes, but as stated above, you will not be able to set an SL or future recording for programs on that channel because your receiver thinks it is not authorized.
Eschew Obfuscation!

Patriot Guard Riders

#40 OFFLINE   FloorHead

FloorHead

Godfather

• DBSTalk Club
  • 289 posts
  • LocationBurbank, IL

Posted 12 May 2011 - 09:31 AM

You can directly tune it, yes, but as stated above, you will not be able to set an SL or future recording for programs on that channel because your receiver thinks it is not authorized.

I have 0x4a6 and have tried resending authorization and rebooting the receiver but to no avail.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...