Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

HR20/21/22/23/24, H21/23/24/25 & R22 (National Release) - Issues/Discussion

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
619 replies to this topic

#476 OFFLINE   JohnDG

JohnDG

Legend

• Registered
  • 217 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 09:28 AM

I don't expect CC to move from the Channel Banner.

Right now they trying to get the most out a very old remote design.

One of these years, they will step up to a remote with a smart screen that can individually program.

All they have to do is have the Yellow button position to the CC tab on the channel banner.

That is, unless they want to use the Yellow button for a future. If so, this is a bad decision. Every TV remote I have ever worked with had a CC button. There is a reason for this.

jdg

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#477 OFFLINE   peano

peano

Icon

• Registered
  • 747 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 07:57 PM

Mine were cleared too. The new firmware is junk. DIRECTV should be embarrassed and ashamed that they are sending down this crap.

#478 OFFLINE   RunnerFL

RunnerFL

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 16,232 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 08:39 PM

Mine were cleared too. The new firmware is junk. DIRECTV should be embarrassed and ashamed that they are sending down this crap.

Your what were cleared?
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

#479 OFFLINE   dpeters11

dpeters11

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 14,192 posts
  • LocationCincinnati

Posted 16 June 2011 - 09:08 PM

Your what were cleared?

I believe it was his custom lists if I remember the thread. I think a mod merged that to this one and some context was lost.

#480 OFFLINE   MISpat

MISpat

Legend

• Registered
  • 210 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 11:47 PM

Is anyone else having issues with fast forward and rewind? A couple things I've noticed:

I used to be able to press fast forward 4 times really fast to get it going at it's fastest pretty much immediately. But since this release, it will go to 2x, then 3x, then back to 2x, then 3x, then 4x. Just a minor annoyance that adds maybe a minute to my TV viewing each day.

The other is where if you press the 30 second skip/slip button when fast forwarding to skip to the next time mark or bookmark, it will sometimes go backwards instead. This is the most annoying of the two issues (to me anyway).
Patrick

Dish type – SWM3 LNB, 2 HR24-500, H23-600, Whole Home w/ broadband DECA (CCK)

#481 OFFLINE   peano

peano

Icon

• Registered
  • 747 posts

Posted 17 June 2011 - 06:21 AM

I believe it was his custom lists if I remember the thread. I think a mod merged that to this one and some context was lost.

Correct. The post I replied to is #466 which ended up not being above my post when merged with this thread.

#482 OFFLINE   996911

Go Pack!

• Registered
  • 809 posts
  • LocationTobacco Road, NC

Posted 17 June 2011 - 11:47 AM

Why in the world was my thread merged into this one? If the mods insist on doing that and burying a thread into one huge thread that nobody will read from beginning to end that at least identify what posts belong with what. Now it's my initial post and several posts from my thread that are now scattered about with no direction where they came from.

What's the point of having a HDDVR forum and merging threads about HD DVRs into a single long thread?

Unsubscribing.
Cheers,
Ray Johnson

#483 OFFLINE   greenwave

greenwave

Legend

• Registered
  • 213 posts

Posted 20 June 2011 - 03:40 PM

Both HR20s (have a 100 and a 700) lost internet connection after the last NR, and I have not been able to get reconnected since. All are networked and whole-home networking working fine, just no internet (and therefore no VOD).

Anybody else have this problem? Any suggestions? I have reset both receivers and checked the router, all seems to be OK.
DirecTV since 2002?
Slimline DIsh
HR20-700/OTA/Networked
HR10-250

#484 OFFLINE   RCinFLA

RCinFLA

Legend

• Registered
  • 108 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 04:48 PM

Both HR20s (have a 100 and a 700) lost internet connection after the last NR, and I have not been able to get reconnected since. All are networked and whole-home networking working fine, just no internet (and therefore no VOD).

Anybody else have this problem? Any suggestions? I have reset both receivers and checked the router, all seems to be OK.

My HR20 did not have any internet issues with last SW download. Try setting up network again to renew your router connection.

But 04A6 sucks, 12 seconds of black screen between channel change, come on!

Edited by RCinFLA, 21 June 2011 - 05:00 PM.

#485 OFFLINE   Jon J

Jon J

Grouch Extrordinaire

• Registered
  • 1,176 posts
  • LocationMusic City, USA

Posted 23 June 2011 - 11:14 AM

Spreading this concern far and wide...

Channel changes on my four HRs used to be slow. For the past week channel changes are slooooooooooooooooooooooooow. Something is up.

Now, back on topic...whatever that is.
When news breaks...we fix it.

#486 OFFLINE   Loppy101

Loppy101

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 14 posts

Posted 25 June 2011 - 07:58 AM

I am losing my channel banners (station logos) gradually, one by one, since the last update. Now, they are almost all gone. reset about 10 times, twice within 30 min., and losing them fast. Any way to get them back? By the way, my audio dropouts got gradually better as I lost the logos. Anyone have any ideas?

#487 OFFLINE   Doug Brott

Doug Brott

Lifetime Achiever

• Topic Starter
  • DBSTalk Club
  • 28,930 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 25 June 2011 - 09:31 AM

could you be specific as to which logos you are losing? How are you losing them, is it like the fading picture in Back to the Future or is it possible that you are just noticing it over time (meaning all of the "lost" ones may have been lost at the same time).
DIRECTV Firmware Monitor - iPhone - Android - HTML5

DIRECTV employee since August 2011.
All comments are my own. Unless specifically stated, my views do NOT represent the views of DIRECTV

#488 OFFLINE   Doug Brott

Doug Brott

Lifetime Achiever

• Topic Starter
  • DBSTalk Club
  • 28,930 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 25 June 2011 - 09:33 AM

There should be a new NR for some of the boxes soon to provide some minor corrections to some of the issues you may be seeing in the last NR. This won't be a "New" NR in the sense that it won't have any additional features. It will just be some minor tweaks on the last NR which everyone has right now.

So, don't be surprised if you get a new download over the next 3-4 weeks (could be farther out).
DIRECTV Firmware Monitor - iPhone - Android - HTML5

DIRECTV employee since August 2011.
All comments are my own. Unless specifically stated, my views do NOT represent the views of DIRECTV

#489 OFFLINE   posty

Mentor

• Registered
  • 34 posts

Posted 25 June 2011 - 04:49 PM

Channel changes on my four HRs used to be slow. For the past week channel changes are slooooooooooooooooooooooooow. Something is up.

Came here today seeking to see if anyone else has seen slow channel change behavior in the last week. I definitely have, and I'm somewhat relieved to see I'm not alone. It seriously takes literally 15-20 seconds now to change channels on both of my HR20's. I have not tried to restart them yet to see if that fixes the problem...

Generally speaking the overall response of both HR20's has gotten really really bad overall. Just bringing up the darn guide takes forever now too. Frustrating. Why can't someone make a DVR that is super responsive?

#490 OFFLINE   usnret

usnret

Icon

• Registered
  • 589 posts

Posted 25 June 2011 - 05:00 PM

Doug, any word on if this "tweak NR" may fix the slow down being experienced by so many?

#491 OFFLINE   posty

Mentor

• Registered
  • 34 posts

Posted 25 June 2011 - 05:27 PM

On my hr20-700
upgrade day + 4: TVapps stop working
upgrade day + 8: receiver is so slow to be inoperable and requires reboot

Guess the QA folks were on vacation and no one tested this before releasing.

Experiencing exactly the same thing on both of my HR20/100's.

Sure hope DIRECTV can get this sorted out soon!

#492 OFFLINE   DrummerBoy523

DrummerBoy523

Godfather

• Registered
  • 481 posts
  • LocationFranklin, TN

Posted 25 June 2011 - 06:52 PM

I second that thought. Changing channels for us on our HR24 is taking upwards of 10-15 seconds!!! saaaaaaallllllllloooooooowwwwwwww!!!!!!!!
  • Swim LNB
  • HR21-200 Bonus Room
  • HR24-200 Family Room
  • H24-100 Bedroom
  • MRV enabled

#493 OFFLINE   cartrivision

cartrivision

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,862 posts

Posted 25 June 2011 - 09:37 PM

Isn't the purpose of a bookmark to be able to get to it when you want? Sounds like DirecTv screwed up. Hopefully, they will catch this error and fix in the next release.

They (the software development people) were made aware of this lost functionality months ago. They are either unable to properly track issue reports that they receive, or they have made a poor decision to give us LESS functionality with the new info banner based options. Sometimes it's really discouraging to see how badly the software development effort is managed and implemented.

I understand the need to provide certain functionality on devices that don't have a remote with a yellow button, but to remove the superior access (yellow button pop-up menu) legacy methods for the 99% of those who are accessing the functions through a standard DIRECTV remote, is a sign of some poor decision making by the design team IMO.... not to mention that that poor decision created the current situation where we lost functionality (bookmark management and direct access) with the new implementation.

#494 OFFLINE   MISpat

MISpat

Legend

• Registered
  • 210 posts

Posted 25 June 2011 - 11:10 PM

They (the software development people) were made aware of this lost functionality months ago. They are either unable to properly track issue reports that they receive, or they have made a poor decision to give us LESS functionality with the new info banner based options. Sometimes it's really discouraging to see how badly the software development effort is managed and implemented.

I understand the need to provide certain functionality on devices that don't have a remote with a yellow button, but to remove the superior access (yellow button pop-up menu) legacy methods for the 99% of those who are accessing the functions through a standard DIRECTV remote, is a sign of some poor decision making by the design team IMO.... not to mention that that poor decision created the current situation where we lost functionality (bookmark management and direct access) with the new implementation.

Amen to THAT!
Patrick

Dish type – SWM3 LNB, 2 HR24-500, H23-600, Whole Home w/ broadband DECA (CCK)

#495 OFFLINE   peano

peano

Icon

• Registered
  • 747 posts

Posted 26 June 2011 - 08:05 AM

Why is this not fixed yet??? I cannot stand using my HR's anymore.

#496 OFFLINE   Laker44

Laker44

Godfather

• Registered
  • 283 posts

Posted 27 June 2011 - 10:44 AM

Since the release I have been having the same slowness that others have posted about. Even on resets it has been taking 2 or 3 minutes just too start resetting.

Also since this release, if I go too ff or rewind live or recorded programming it will be slow or choppy when doing that and the program will be choppy.

#497 OFFLINE   mst3k

mst3k

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 24 posts

Posted 28 June 2011 - 12:51 AM

Yes the latest release sucks. The CC yellow button implementation sucks. It takes 3 minutes to change channels when I first try in the morning. This is not an UPDATE. It's a DOWNDATE. Please put it back like it was. Thank you.

I have an HR21/200

Edited by mst3k, 28 June 2011 - 12:52 AM.
update

#498 OFFLINE   kayur

kayur

• Registered
  • 5 posts

Posted 28 June 2011 - 01:43 PM

I have two HR24s and they both have identical issue with extremely slow channel changes (at least 10-15 seconds). I've rebooted both of them and still have the same issue. This seems to have started a little over a week ago which is long after I received the software update.

#499 OFFLINE   jbaron76

jbaron76

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 18 posts

Posted 29 June 2011 - 09:17 AM

This latest release is a major step backward in many ways.
1. The yellow button now mimicks the info button. There is no reason to have two buttons do the same thing, especially when the yellow button used to have a great purpose. I now have to complete more than one step to turn on CC.
2.The UI is much slower than it already was. It was barely liveable before, and now it is almost unusable at times. Channel changes take FOREVER and navigating through the menus is painfully slow.
3.When playing a song in MediaShare if I want to go back it brings me all the way back to the main mediashare main menu. For those of you who use it you can understand how long it takes just to scroll through artist and folder names to get back to where you were.
4.It seems like this new menu bar on the channel banner is the source of many of these problems. I don't see one advantage to it. All it did was make things more inconvenient.

EDIT: I forgot to add that I am using an HR-22

Edited by jbaron76, 29 June 2011 - 09:19 AM.
Box Model

#500 OFFLINE   Church AV Guy

Church AV Guy

Godfather

• Registered
  • 513 posts

Posted 29 June 2011 - 11:59 AM

I have two HR24s and they both have identical issue with extremely slow channel changes (at least 10-15 seconds). I've rebooted both of them and still have the same issue. This seems to have started a little over a week ago which is long after I received the software update.

I have experienced the same thing starting at abou tthe same time. It isn't the update, so it must be guide data or something else that was downloaded.
Luke

Sagaciously eschew obfuscating sesquipedalianisms.

Evil is charming and beautiful. It makes you doubt yourself. It asks for one small compromise after another until it whittles you down, and it functions best when no one believes in it.--from Joan of Arcadia

Protected By... spam firewall...And...