Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

HR20/21/22/23/24, H21/23/24/25 & R22 (National Release) - Issues/Discussion

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
619 replies to this topic

#381 OFFLINE   Drucifer

Drucifer

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 7,898 posts
  • LocationNY Hudson Valley

Posted 31 May 2011 - 11:49 AM

Well, yes, they could have. But the new banner already has information overload. ToDo can be accessed with the List button easily.

What key sequence would that be exactly?

That's my question too. I immediately went to the LIST button to look for this feature and couldn't find TO DO anywhere.

DREW

Do it Right, Do it Once
LR: HR34-7, Den: HR24-1, MB: HR24-5, Bsm: HR21-2, Kit: H25-5
PrimeStar '95, DirecTV  '00

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#382 OFFLINE   Rich

Rich

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 20,583 posts
  • LocationPiscataway, NJ

Posted 31 May 2011 - 01:40 PM

Well, yes, they could have. But the new banner already has information overload. ToDo can be accessed with the List button easily.

I know how to get to the ToDo list. I'm just saying that they had an opportunity to put it an easier to access place and failed to do it again. Minor annoyance.

Rich

#383 OFFLINE   Rich

Rich

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 20,583 posts
  • LocationPiscataway, NJ

Posted 31 May 2011 - 01:56 PM

That's my question too. I immediately went to the LIST button to look for this feature and couldn't find TO DO anywhere.

Ah, Bill just got confused, I'm sure he meant the Menu instead of the List. I knew what he was talking about. No reason to argue, I certainly didn't mean to cause a problem. We've been asking for a quicker way to access the ToDo list for years and it seems to fall on deaf ears at D*. Again, it's just a minor annoyance.

Rich

#384 OFFLINE   bwaldron

bwaldron

Impossible Dreamer

• Registered
  • 5,524 posts

Posted 31 May 2011 - 03:14 PM

Sure there are, on channels that broadcast in 720p.

Yes, I meant by the TV; i.e., once the signal leaves the receiver. Which also holds for 480i :)

HR23-700 --> Samsung UN65F6350AF LCD
HR23-700 --> JVC JLC47BC3002 LCD
H24-200 -->
Panasonic TH-50PX60U plasma

#385 OFFLINE   Drucifer

Drucifer

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 7,898 posts
  • LocationNY Hudson Valley

Posted 31 May 2011 - 03:26 PM

Ah, Bill just got confused, I'm sure he meant the Menu instead of the List. I knew what he was talking about. No reason to argue, I certainly didn't mean to cause a problem. We've been asking for a quicker way to access the ToDo list for years and it seems to fall on deaf ears at D*. Again, it's just a minor annoyance.

Rich

It the same there. No TO DO. There is Manage Recordings which I would like to see on the Channel Banner. It would fit if DirecTV change Audio/Video to A/V and Favorites to Fav which would leave plenty of room for Rec Mgr

DREW

Do it Right, Do it Once
LR: HR34-7, Den: HR24-1, MB: HR24-5, Bsm: HR21-2, Kit: H25-5
PrimeStar '95, DirecTV  '00

#386 OFFLINE   IjustWannaPlay

IjustWannaPlay

Mentor

• Registered
  • 40 posts

Posted 31 May 2011 - 07:28 PM

That's a good question. I was never able to get it to work in the previous release however.
I read a post previously in this thread which sounded like there's no longer the capability to delete bookmarks.

It was strange prior to this release for deleting bookmarks. While paused in playback, hitting the yellow button brought up four options which included "jump to bookmark". After scrolling to a particular bookmark, hitting the "-" dash button twice deleted the bookmark. Go figure, but at least there was the ability.

#387 OFFLINE   bobcamp1

bobcamp1

Icon

• Registered
  • 895 posts

Posted 01 June 2011 - 10:50 AM

I didn't think you could turn the screen saver off. :confused:

I was told pressing the dash key three times in a row when the screen saver is active permanently disables it. He entered it once and hasn't had to enter it since. I neglected to ask if he was on a UPS or if he has reset the box (i.e. does the setting survive resets).

Since I do not have the issue, I have not tried it. But people are still complaining about this issue in the official D* forums, as well as the fact there is no visible way to turn it off.

#388 OFFLINE   Laxguy

Laxguy

Fortuna! Fameux des Halles

• DBSTalk Club
  • 12,197 posts
  • LocationWinters, California

Posted 01 June 2011 - 11:01 AM

Why would one want to disable the screen saver?

From my iPhone via DBSTalk
"Laxguy" means a guy who loves lacrosse.

#389 OFFLINE   ATARI

ATARI

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,876 posts

Posted 01 June 2011 - 12:18 PM

I was told pressing the dash key three times in a row when the screen saver is active permanently disables it. He entered it once and hasn't had to enter it since. I neglected to ask if he was on a UPS or if he has reset the box (i.e. does the setting survive resets).

Since I do not have the issue, I have not tried it. But people are still complaining about this issue in the official D* forums, as well as the fact there is no visible way to turn it off.

I'll have to give that a try.

#390 OFFLINE   Jeremy W

Jeremy W

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 13,447 posts

Posted 01 June 2011 - 01:51 PM

Why would one want to disable the screen saver?

Because it's utterly useless unless you have a plasma or CRT TV that is susceptible to burn-in.

#391 OFFLINE   billsharpe

billsharpe

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,229 posts
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted 01 June 2011 - 02:42 PM

My error, sorry!:(
Bill

Family room: Sony Bravia KDL-40SL130
Living room: Sceptre 32 inch

#392 OFFLINE   billsharpe

billsharpe

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,229 posts
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted 01 June 2011 - 02:45 PM

Because it's utterly useless unless you have a plasma or CRT TV that is susceptible to burn-in.

Not quite useless. If you listen to the Sonic Tap music channels the song information is displayed on the screen saver.

If you can turn off the screen saver with three presses of the dash button, can you turn it back on the same way? I haven't tried this, as I don't want to disable the screen saver permanently.
Bill

Family room: Sony Bravia KDL-40SL130
Living room: Sceptre 32 inch

#393 OFFLINE   Jeremy W

Jeremy W

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 13,447 posts

Posted 01 June 2011 - 03:04 PM

Not quite useless. If you listen to the Sonic Tap music channels the song information is displayed on the screen saver.

It's displayed in the Info banner when the screensaver isn't active, and the banner doesn't time out, so it's still there.

#394 OFFLINE   Laxguy

Laxguy

• DBSTalk Club
  • 12,197 posts

Posted 01 June 2011 - 03:56 PM

But completely useful for those situations.

So why is it such a biggie for those who don't? Who wants to look at a static image for ten minutes or whatever it's set to? For some, present company excepted, it'd be a matter of control. "I control whether there's a screen saver or not"..... Sheesh.

#395 OFFLINE   Getteau

Getteau

Icon

• Registered
  • 810 posts
  • LocationHouston

Posted 01 June 2011 - 07:56 PM

Since the update, I have been having issues with MRV on my HR22-100. I keep getting the circle with the dash that tells you that you can’t play from this DVR because too many other people are streaming content from it (or whatever the official message actually says). If I reboot the DVR, I can start streaming from it again. I've gone through the house and put all other DVR's in standby, including the HR22-100, and I still have the issue. The only thing I've found that will let me stream again is to reboot the HR22-100.

Thanks,
Rich

HR44-500 - HDMI to Panasonic TC-50S1 50" Plasma
HR24-100 - HDMI to Panasonic TC-50S1 50" Plasma
HR23-700 - HDMI to Insignia 42" Plasma
HR22-100 - HDMI to LG 32" LCD
HR21-700 - WD 1T Green Power drive - HDMI to Toshiba 65HM167 65" rear projection

R22-200 - Component to Insignia 42" Plasma
R15 - svideo to Toshiba 32" tube tv

#396 OFFLINE   Jeremy W

Jeremy W

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 13,447 posts

Posted 01 June 2011 - 09:55 PM

So why is it such a biggie for those who don't? Who wants to look at a static image for ten minutes or whatever it's set to?

It's not a big deal to me, and I doubt it's really a big deal to anyone. It's simply an annoyance. It's an extra button press when I return to watching TV.

#397 OFFLINE   vandergraff

vandergraff

Legend

• Registered
  • 145 posts

Posted 02 June 2011 - 12:33 AM

Just catching up on some shows from wk 5/16 - 5/21 - about 4 shows on our main HR10-200 all say 'The episode was deleted because of a problem retaining the program (2004)'. No-one deleted the programs - I did ask the cats to check :) - it seems this was the same week as the update - any ideas what is going on?

#398 OFFLINE   Jeremy W

Jeremy W

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 13,447 posts

Posted 02 June 2011 - 01:06 AM

any ideas what is going on?

Sounds like the DVR had a problem retaining the programs.

#399 OFFLINE   ATARI

ATARI

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,876 posts

Posted 02 June 2011 - 07:24 AM

I'll have to give that a try.

The three dash did not work for me.

(not surprised, really)

If somebody else could confirm, we can then call this 'Busted'.

#400 OFFLINE   Laxguy

Laxguy

• DBSTalk Club
  • 12,197 posts

Posted 02 June 2011 - 09:00 AM

It's not a big deal to me, and I doubt it's really a big deal to anyone. It's simply an annoyance. It's an extra button press when I return to watching TV.

So, you have to pick up the remote anyway, press play once anyway, and you get annoyed over a fractional second of more time and a minute bit of energy?

(understood there are other ways than the remote).

Protected By... spam firewall...And...