Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

HR20/21/22/23/24, H21/23/24/25 & R22 (National Release) - Issues/Discussion

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
619 replies to this topic

#401 OFFLINE   Jeremy W

Jeremy W

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 13,447 posts

Posted 02 June 2011 - 12:12 PM

So, you have to pick up the remote anyway, press play once anyway, and you get annoyed over a fractional second of more time and a minute bit of energy?

That's what I said, isn't it? Chill out.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#402 OFFLINE   vandergraff

vandergraff

Legend

• Registered
  • 145 posts

Posted 02 June 2011 - 02:04 PM

Sounds like the DVR had a problem retaining the programs.

Thanks for the insight - next time I guess I won't bother posting.....

#403 OFFLINE   RunnerFL

RunnerFL

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 15,675 posts

Posted 02 June 2011 - 02:23 PM

The three dash did not work for me.

(not surprised, really)

If somebody else could confirm, we can then call this 'Busted'.

It's busted... There's no way to disable the screen saver.
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

#404 OFFLINE   Laxguy

Laxguy

Fortuna! Fameux des Halles

• DBSTalk Club
  • 11,433 posts
  • LocationWinters, California

Posted 02 June 2011 - 04:25 PM

That's what I said, isn't it? Chill out.

<Steve Martin> Well, exxcuuuuzzzze me! </Steve Martin> :D

It appears that you are also annoyed when I point out how trivial it is to disengage the screen saver- about 300 milliseconds. But I can't be responsible for your innate level of annoyance/chill factor.:nono2:

Are you the Jeremy W Nixon of usenet fame?
"Laxguy" means a guy who loves lacrosse.

#405 OFFLINE   Doug Brott

Doug Brott

Lifetime Achiever

• Topic Starter
  • DBSTalk Club
  • 28,909 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 02 June 2011 - 04:28 PM

OK .. Let's move along now .. Thanks!
DIRECTV Firmware Monitor - iPhone - Android - HTML5

DIRECTV employee since August 2011.
All comments are my own. Unless specifically stated, my views do NOT represent the views of DIRECTV

#406 OFFLINE   desulliv

desulliv

AllStar

• Registered
  • 100 posts

Posted 02 June 2011 - 05:38 PM

Gotta love a pi##in' match.

#407 OFFLINE   billsharpe

billsharpe

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,201 posts
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted 02 June 2011 - 05:41 PM

It's displayed in the Info banner when the screensaver isn't active, and the banner doesn't time out, so it's still there.

When listening to a SonicTap channel, my info banner disappears after five minutes of inactivity and is replaced by the screen saver with the song info instead of the DirecTV logo bouncing around on the screen.
Bill

Family room: Sony Bravia KDL-40SL130
Living room: Sceptre 32 inch

#408 OFFLINE   wilbur_the_goose

wilbur_the_goose

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,390 posts

Posted 02 June 2011 - 07:27 PM

Both my HR20-700's were running VERY slowly. Ignoring remote commands, sluggish to a fault. A system reset woke 'em up.... Just an FYI it it helps somebody.

BTW - I noticed my subset mask was set to 255.255.0.0. I could've swown it was 255.255.255.0 before. No surprise, TV apps weren't working. Set it back to 255.255.255.0 and all was well.

This could've been my error, but I kinda doubt it (I'm an IT guy)..... Either way, no big deal :)

#409 OFFLINE   Sea bass

Sea bass

Icon

• Registered
  • 644 posts

Posted 02 June 2011 - 09:27 PM

Yes I'm mad that everyone here but me has them. What's the deal? Why can't I get the flush the guide trick to work? Is my DVR defective? I don't have an extra $200 for a new one.

They didn't just disappear one day, I've never had them.

Here's a complete list in case anyone is wondering:

ESPNU HD
HGTV HD
Cooking Channel
Comedy Central HD
Lifetime HD
Discovery Fit & Health
Ovation
Travel Channel HD
OWN: Oprah Winfrey Network
National Geographic Wild
NASA TV
The Hub
Ion East
Ion West
WGN America HD
Hallmark Channel HD
BET HD
Free Speech TV
Bloomberg TV
MSNBC HD
HBO 2 East HD
HBO Signature HD
HBO Family East HD
HBO Zone HD
Starz In Black HD
Starz Cinema HD
Encore HD
Showtime Women HD
Showtime Beyond HD
Showtime Next HD
The Movie Channel Xtra HD
Hallmark Movie Channel HD
Sony Movie Channel HD
Shorts HD
CBS Sports Network HD

I have some new logo's today on my HR24...lost some too?? Any luck with yours? Comedy Central, HBO2 East, WGN are a few I recall being added. While editing my favorites list (fastest way to check out logos) I noticed the west coast HD DNS stations have no logo's but the east ch's do?? No new logos for the recently added HBO's either. I wish there was a folder of logos you could select from and add your own, new or old. I had an RCA tv back in the early 90's with that feature.

#410 OFFLINE   Jeremy W

Jeremy W

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 13,447 posts

Posted 02 June 2011 - 11:14 PM

When listening to a SonicTap channel, my info banner disappears after five minutes of inactivity and is replaced by the screen saver with the song info instead of the DirecTV logo bouncing around on the screen.

My point was that the screensaver isn't necessary to see the song info.

#411 OFFLINE   Coca Cola Kid

Coca Cola Kid

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,586 posts
  • LocationMt. Morris, MI

Posted 03 June 2011 - 12:46 AM

I have some new logo's today on my HR24...lost some too?? Any luck with yours? Comedy Central, HBO2 East, WGN are a few I recall being added. While editing my favorites list (fastest way to check out logos) I noticed the west coast HD DNS stations have no logo's but the east ch's do?? No new logos for the recently added HBO's either. I wish there was a folder of logos you could select from and add your own, new or old. I had an RCA tv back in the early 90's with that feature.

Yeah same here. Several gained, a few lost, some still missing.

Edited by Coca Cola Kid, 03 June 2011 - 01:14 AM.

DIRECTV customer

All comments are my own. Unless specifically stated, my views do NOT represent the views of other DIRECTV customers

My giant list of missing or wrong logos

#412 OFFLINE   wilbur_the_goose

wilbur_the_goose

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,390 posts

Posted 03 June 2011 - 07:26 AM

I once lost logos for about a month and they magically returned one day after a guide data flush. Patience, my friends - they'll be back (eventually).

#413 OFFLINE   Coca Cola Kid

Coca Cola Kid

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,586 posts
  • LocationMt. Morris, MI

Posted 03 June 2011 - 08:33 AM

I once lost logos for about a month and they magically returned one day after a guide data flush. Patience, my friends - they'll be back (eventually).

You don't understand, a lot of the ones I was missing were NEVER there, they didn't "disappear" one day, yesterday was the first time they ever showed up. Also a few are now gone that were there before. What's up with that? I tried "flushing the guide" last week twice and it didn't work. I wish people would quit suggesting that, it doesn't work for me. I'm still missing a bunch too (again they've NEVER been there, they didn't "disappear".)

DIRECTV customer

All comments are my own. Unless specifically stated, my views do NOT represent the views of other DIRECTV customers

#414 OFFLINE   bobcamp1

bobcamp1

Icon

• Registered
  • 895 posts

Posted 03 June 2011 - 09:01 AM

Bug (H24-100): Tune to a channel you haven't subscribed to. You get a message that says "not subscribed" (it used to say not authorized) in the bottom-right corner of the screen. Now tune to a channel you do get. The "not subscribed" message does not go away. You can still see the content, but the message remains. There is no obvious way to clear the message. After playing for about 10 minutes, I have found two ways of doing it:

1. RBR.

2. Press "menu". The small window doesn't show the channel you were on, but the unsubscribed channel you tried to tune to earlier. (Different bug or different effect of the same bug?) Change the channel in this window to a channel you do get by using the number keys. Exit the menus. This will get rid of the message.

Edited by bobcamp1, 03 June 2011 - 09:11 AM.

#415 OFFLINE   Laxguy

Laxguy

Fortuna! Fameux des Halles

• DBSTalk Club
  • 11,433 posts
  • LocationWinters, California

Posted 03 June 2011 - 09:23 AM

Bug (H24-100): Tune to a channel you haven't subscribed to. You get a message that says "not subscribed" (it used to say not authorized) in the bottom-right corner of the screen. Now tune to a channel you do get. The "not subscribed" message does not go away. You can still see the content, but the message remains. There is no obvious way to clear the message. After playing for about 10 minutes, I have found two ways of doing it:

1. RBR.

2. Press "menu". The small window doesn't show the channel you were on, but the unsubscribed channel you tried to tune to earlier. (Different bug or different effect of the same bug?) Change the channel in this window to a channel you do get by using the number keys. Exit the menus. This will get rid of the message.

Or, you could just subscribe to said channel........:D

I just tried it on some Spanish language channels, and get the
"Searching for signal on Satellite In
1...(771)"
message. Exit button does not do anything, but Back does.
This is on an H25, though, and there aren't many channels I don't subscribe to..

Edited by Laxguy, 03 June 2011 - 09:26 AM.
Add info.

"Laxguy" means a guy who loves lacrosse.

#416 OFFLINE   PkDog

PkDog

AllStar

• Registered
  • 62 posts

Posted 03 June 2011 - 11:19 AM

I am also annoyed about the CC change -- definitely a step backward.

For people who are modifying their remote macros to get 1-button CC-on or CC-off, there is another twist you should be aware of. If there is no mail, the mail listing does not show up in the caption. This will screw up your macro.

To fix this, start with a left and then right, right, ... to get to the CC entry. This works because the caption doesn't allow wrapping.

#417 OFFLINE   Doug Brott

Doug Brott

Lifetime Achiever

• Topic Starter
  • DBSTalk Club
  • 28,909 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 03 June 2011 - 11:51 AM

From what I see in the responses to this thread, the biggest group affected are those with universal remotes that have programmed macros. I use the standard DIRECTV remote, so I actually find the change welcome - I've used CC often since the change whereas I pretty much never used it before the change (regardless of "ease" or what not).

It seems the whole macro thing is where things have gone wonky .. it worked before now doesn't work.

All comments are my own. Unless specifically stated, my views do NOT represent the views of DIRECTV

#418 OFFLINE   Coca Cola Kid

Coca Cola Kid

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,586 posts
  • LocationMt. Morris, MI

Posted 03 June 2011 - 11:55 AM

It's pretty dumb that the yellow button and the info button do the same thing now. Who was the idiot behind that stupid idea?

DIRECTV customer

#419 OFFLINE   Doug Brott

Doug Brott

Lifetime Achiever

• Topic Starter
  • DBSTalk Club
  • 28,909 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 03 June 2011 - 12:06 PM

It's pretty dumb that the yellow button and the info button do the same thing now. Who was the idiot behind that stupid idea?

I'm gonna go out on a limb at say that this won't always be the case.

#420 OFFLINE   PkDog

PkDog

AllStar

• Registered
  • 62 posts

Posted 03 June 2011 - 01:09 PM

Regarding CC --

Macros are part of the annoyance but the real problem is that it takes more than twice as many keystrokes to toggle CC as it did before the new release.

It's ironic because D* listened to us when we said improve the CC access and they came up with the "yellow button quick CC change". Now they turn around and make CC access worse.

spam firewall