Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

HR20/21/22/23/24, H21/23/24/25 & R22 (National Release) - Issues/Discussion

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
619 replies to this topic

#461 OFFLINE   Drucifer

Drucifer

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 7,760 posts
  • LocationNY Hudson Valley

Posted 06 June 2011 - 03:54 PM

It appears DirecTV likes to progress in small steps every few months rather majors changes every couple of years. It also easier to find mistakes in smaller changes rather then massive ones.

DREW

Do it Right, Do it Once
LR: HR34-7, Den: HR24-1, MB: HR24-5, Bsm: HR21-2, Kit: H25-5
PrimeStar '95, DirecTV  '00

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#462 OFFLINE   Doug Brott

Doug Brott

Lifetime Achiever

• Topic Starter
  • DBSTalk Club
  • 28,913 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 06 June 2011 - 04:03 PM

... and stop-gaps shouldn't be in production software. :nono: It leads to annoyed and confused customers, as you can tell by the number of posts in this thread... :P

You don't know this .. I doubt DIRECTV made the decision lightly.

As for the number of "annoyed" posts in this thread .. even if we call it around 100 (which I think is high for even this thread), that's 0.0005% of the subscribers. Just sayin.
DIRECTV Firmware Monitor - iPhone - Android - HTML5

DIRECTV employee since August 2011.
All comments are my own. Unless specifically stated, my views do NOT represent the views of DIRECTV

#463 OFFLINE   Rockermann

Rockermann

Legend

• Registered
  • 150 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 04:24 PM

As for the number of "annoyed" posts in this thread .. even if we call it around 100 (which I think is high for even this thread), that's 0.0005% of the subscribers. Just sayin.

Yeah, but 100% of DirecTV subscriber's don't post or read here. So that number is conditional at best.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Steve M. Mann
Panasonic AR100U Projector
Carada 126" 16:9 Fixed Screen
2 - HR24/500 HD PVRs
My Theater
My Theater Construction

#464 OFFLINE   Doug Brott

Doug Brott

Lifetime Achiever

• Topic Starter
  • DBSTalk Club
  • 28,913 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 06 June 2011 - 04:31 PM

Yeah, but 100% of DirecTV subscriber's don't post or read here. So that number is conditional at best.

huh? I'm sure that some percentage of DIRECTV subscribers above zero post at DBSTalk. Is it 100% .. definitely not, heck it's probably not even 1% of subscribers that post or read DBSTalk, but it's definitely more than zero which is what you are are saying.

If you want to use the 100/DBSTalk Posters as a percentage, then yeah, it's higher than what a stated .. but half of all statistics are made up anyway :P
DIRECTV Firmware Monitor - iPhone - Android - HTML5

DIRECTV employee since August 2011.
All comments are my own. Unless specifically stated, my views do NOT represent the views of DIRECTV

#465 OFFLINE   Rockermann

Rockermann

Legend

• Registered
  • 150 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 04:44 PM

No, I took your post as written, to be implying that only 0.0005% of D* subscribers are upset about the CC change. But you can't determine that going by just the number of upset posters in this thread.

But yes, I do agree on your last statement.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Steve M. Mann
Panasonic AR100U Projector
Carada 126" 16:9 Fixed Screen
2 - HR24/500 HD PVRs
My Theater
My Theater Construction

#466 OFFLINE   996911

Go Pack!

• Registered
  • 809 posts
  • LocationTobacco Road, NC

Posted 11 June 2011 - 06:06 PM

Just noticed our new software was updated recently (5/24) and that all of my custom lists are gone. What in the world is going on that caused that? Also, when I select "channels I get" it literally shows "all" the movie channels. I only pay for HBO and SHO but I have every single movie channel. I really don't watch the movie channels so it's not a bonus to get them all (we have them for a couple series we like). I'm just confused how this happened. Any light that some of y'all could shed on the situation would be greatly appreciated.

FYI, it happened on all my boxes (HR24, HR22, H24).
Cheers,
Ray Johnson

#467 OFFLINE   larry55

larry55

Legend

• Registered
  • 181 posts

Posted 11 June 2011 - 06:09 PM

free preview for all premiuns channels 9-12.

#468 OFFLINE   996911

Go Pack!

• Registered
  • 809 posts
  • LocationTobacco Road, NC

Posted 11 June 2011 - 06:19 PM

Thanks Larry. That explains why I get all the movie channels. I'm still chapped about the custom lists being cleared out.
Cheers,
Ray Johnson

#469 OFFLINE   Getteau

Getteau

Icon

• Registered
  • 809 posts
  • LocationHouston

Posted 15 June 2011 - 06:14 AM

r22-200
diag report 20110615-1818

I have been having sporadic issues throughout my house with DVR's not releasing the fact that no one is watching a remote program. Because of this, I'll see DVR's with the red circle with white line on their shows for days on end.

The report above is from one of the DVR's that seems to be hung up and won’t let anyone remote watch a show because it thinks it's busy.

I have also had this issue with my HR22-100

Thanks,
Rich

HR44-500 - HDMI to Panasonic TC-50S1 50" Plasma
HR24-100 - HDMI to Panasonic TC-50S1 50" Plasma
HR23-700 - HDMI to Insignia 42" Plasma
HR22-100 - HDMI to LG 32" LCD
HR21-700 - WD 1T Green Power drive - HDMI to Toshiba 65HM167 65" rear projection

R22-200 - Component to Insignia 42" Plasma
R15 - svideo to Toshiba 32" tube tv

#470 OFFLINE   Laxguy

Laxguy

Fortuna! Fameux des Halles

• DBSTalk Club
  • 11,646 posts
  • LocationWinters, California

Posted 15 June 2011 - 09:00 AM

Have you tried menu or red button resetting the receivers? Has your LAN been solid throughout?
"Laxguy" means a guy who loves lacrosse.

#471 OFFLINE   bobcamp1

bobcamp1

Icon

• Registered
  • 895 posts

Posted 15 June 2011 - 10:44 AM

Consider this current state a stop-gap .. There are more improvements on the way.

... and stop-gaps shouldn't be in production software. :nono: It leads to annoyed and confused customers, as you can tell by the number of posts in this thread... :P

You don't know this .. I doubt DIRECTV made the decision lightly.

I'm confused. Will CC move again or won't it? If it will move again within the next year, it's a bad decision. Unless there's a law that required them to do it.

Plus, not all subscribers who are upset will post to this forum. Give me a break. There are other people who are upset that don't know about this forum. (Edit: That's how I read the 0.0000005% comment.)

I like D*'s CC implementation because the text is fast. If you could only change the font color and size, it would be fantastic. It used to be hidden but quick to access. Now it's hidden in a different place and a huge pain to access. Most remotes have a dedicated CC button (though for some odd reason most DVR remotes don't).

#472 OFFLINE   Getteau

Getteau

Icon

• Registered
  • 809 posts
  • LocationHouston

Posted 15 June 2011 - 11:02 AM

Have you tried menu or red button resetting the receivers? Has your LAN been solid throughout?

Yep. A RBR or a menu reset is the only way to get the affected DVR to let users access it again. I tried disconnecting the cable from the affected DVR, running through the advanced network setup and hitting connect to validate connectivity and I also tried toggling the setting to share/not share my playlist. None of that will get the box to allow shows to be played and the reboot/reset is the only way to get it back. Network is rock solid and all the DVR's are hard wired to a Dell gig switch. I’m also using static IP's on all the DVR’s. It’s the same setup I've been using since the beta days and these issues just started occurring after the latest update.

Since I'm seeing the issue on two R22's, I wonder if it's an HR/R 22 thing.

Thanks,
Rich

HR44-500 - HDMI to Panasonic TC-50S1 50" Plasma
HR24-100 - HDMI to Panasonic TC-50S1 50" Plasma
HR23-700 - HDMI to Insignia 42" Plasma
HR22-100 - HDMI to LG 32" LCD
HR21-700 - WD 1T Green Power drive - HDMI to Toshiba 65HM167 65" rear projection

R22-200 - Component to Insignia 42" Plasma
R15 - svideo to Toshiba 32" tube tv

#473 OFFLINE   Drucifer

Drucifer

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 7,760 posts
  • LocationNY Hudson Valley

Posted 15 June 2011 - 11:23 AM

I'm confused. Will CC move again or won't it? If it will move again within the next year, it's a bad decision. Unless there's a law that required them to do it.

Plus, not all subscribers who are upset will post to this forum. Give me a break. There are other people who are upset that don't know about this forum. (Edit: That's how I read the 0.0000005% comment.)

I like D*'s CC implementation because the text is fast. If you could only change the font color and size, it would be fantastic. It used to be hidden but quick to access. Now it's hidden in a different place and a huge pain to access. Most remotes have a dedicated CC button (though for some odd reason most DVR remotes don't).

I don't expect CC to move from the Channel Banner.

Right now they trying to get the most out a very old remote design.

One of these years, they will step up to a remote with a smart screen that can individually program.

DREW

Do it Right, Do it Once
LR: HR34-7, Den: HR24-1, MB: HR24-5, Bsm: HR21-2, Kit: H25-5
PrimeStar '95, DirecTV  '00

#474 OFFLINE   Laxguy

Laxguy

Fortuna! Fameux des Halles

• DBSTalk Club
  • 11,646 posts
  • LocationWinters, California

Posted 15 June 2011 - 01:13 PM

Yep. A RBR or a menu reset is the only way to get the affected DVR to let users access it again. I tried disconnecting the cable from the affected DVR, running through the advanced network setup and hitting connect to validate connectivity and I also tried toggling the setting to share/not share my playlist. None of that will get the box to allow shows to be played and the reboot/reset is the only way to get it back. Network is rock solid and all the DVR's are hard wired to a Dell gig switch. I’m also using static IP's on all the DVR’s. It’s the same setup I've been using since the beta days and these issues just started occurring after the latest update.

Since I'm seeing the issue on two R22's, I wonder if it's an HR/R 22 thing.

Sounds like it's a good candidate! I can't test anything, as there're no R22's in this household. (so I put that in the Title to hopefully attract some others.) You've got a good handle on the network, so it sounds like you'll be able to narrow it down as you have been doing.
"Laxguy" means a guy who loves lacrosse.

#475 OFFLINE   jcwest

jcwest

Legend

• DBSTalk Club
  • 288 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 05:27 AM

This is one of the worst NR in quite sometime.

The update made both my HR20 & HR21 worthless for OTA recordings, every few minutes total drop out of audio and video.
Must have occasional OTA backup due to large Gulf Coast thunderstorms.

HR20-700 4a9
20110610-1F64

When playing a recording to the end the box goes to a freeze frame at the end of the recording and will never give the option to delete. Must get out and go to list to delet, annoying.

HR21-200 4a6
20110616-4483

On this box this update has brought back the DREADED skip to the end while trying to do a slip. This has not been a problem for months now could we please fix this? Very ANNOYING......

J C

HR20-700
HR34-700 AM21
HR21-200 AM21N
HR21-200

#476 OFFLINE   JohnDG

JohnDG

Legend

• Registered
  • 200 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 09:28 AM

I don't expect CC to move from the Channel Banner.

Right now they trying to get the most out a very old remote design.

One of these years, they will step up to a remote with a smart screen that can individually program.

All they have to do is have the Yellow button position to the CC tab on the channel banner.

That is, unless they want to use the Yellow button for a future. If so, this is a bad decision. Every TV remote I have ever worked with had a CC button. There is a reason for this.

jdg

#477 OFFLINE   peano

peano

Icon

• Registered
  • 747 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 07:57 PM

Mine were cleared too. The new firmware is junk. DIRECTV should be embarrassed and ashamed that they are sending down this crap.

#478 OFFLINE   RunnerFL

RunnerFL

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 15,730 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 08:39 PM

Mine were cleared too. The new firmware is junk. DIRECTV should be embarrassed and ashamed that they are sending down this crap.

Your what were cleared?
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

#479 OFFLINE   dpeters11

dpeters11

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 12,496 posts
  • LocationCincinnati

Posted 16 June 2011 - 09:08 PM

Your what were cleared?

I believe it was his custom lists if I remember the thread. I think a mod merged that to this one and some context was lost.

#480 OFFLINE   MISpat

MISpat

Legend

• Registered
  • 210 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 11:47 PM

Is anyone else having issues with fast forward and rewind? A couple things I've noticed:

I used to be able to press fast forward 4 times really fast to get it going at it's fastest pretty much immediately. But since this release, it will go to 2x, then 3x, then back to 2x, then 3x, then 4x. Just a minor annoyance that adds maybe a minute to my TV viewing each day.

The other is where if you press the 30 second skip/slip button when fast forwarding to skip to the next time mark or bookmark, it will sometimes go backwards instead. This is the most annoying of the two issues (to me anyway).
Patrick

Dish type – SWM3 LNB, 2 HR24-500, H23-600, Whole Home w/ broadband DECA (CCK)

spam firewall