Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Joe Garagiola Broadcats on FSN Arizona

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   hallrk

hallrk

Legend

• Registered
  • 162 posts

Posted 16 May 2011 - 08:56 AM

If you are in your 40's or older like me you used to watch NBC's Game of the Week and enjoy Joe Garagiola. Even though he is in his mid 80's he still does a few game on Arizona Diamondback games. I've watch a couple so far this season and decided to e-mail them to see if they had a schedule of his games that he will do. They sent me this:

Thank you for taking the time out of your busy day and contacting us. We appreciate the opportunity to address your question. Joe is currently scheduled to work the following games:

May 21st

June 4th

July 16th

July 23rd

August 13th

August 27th

Joe is semi-retired and enjoys spending time here at the ballpark as a fan or broadcaster. Thanks you for being a fan of Joe Sr. and the D-backs. We hope to see you here at the ballpark soon.

So if you enjoyed him before you still have a chance to hear a few more times this season.

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#2 OFFLINE   Athlon646464

Athlon646464

Hall Of Fame

• News Hound
  • 2,870 posts
  • LocationUxbridge, MA

Posted 16 May 2011 - 09:00 AM

I believe he and Kubek were part of the NBC broadcast of the 1975 World Series. That was one one of the greatest of all time........

1 HR34-700, 1 C31-700, 1 HR24-500
Original install on April 20, 2008 - HR34 & C31 installed on August 24, 2013 - HR24 installed on July 23, 2010

Press any key to continue, or any other key to cancel.

#3 OFFLINE   hallrk

hallrk

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 162 posts

Posted 16 May 2011 - 09:45 AM

I believe he and Kubek were part of the NBC broadcast of the 1975 World Series. That was one one of the greatest of all time........

They did one or two games of the 1975 series. Curt Gowdy called most of them. I think Garagiola filled in for Gowdy a couple of games while he did the NFL.

#4 OFFLINE   Athlon646464

Athlon646464

Hall Of Fame

• News Hound
  • 2,870 posts
  • LocationUxbridge, MA

Posted 16 May 2011 - 09:52 AM

I had to look it up...... :D

From Wikipedia:

NBC broadcast the Series on television and radio, with Curt Gowdy and Joe Garagiola alternating play-by-play along with team announcers Dick Stockton and Ned Martin (Red Sox) and Marty Brennaman (Reds) and Tony Kubek doing color commentary.

This was the final World Series broadcast for Gowdy, who had been NBC's lead play-by-play announcer for baseball since 1966. Garagiola would take over full-time as NBC's lead baseball announcer the following season.

This was also the final Series broadcast for NBC Radio, which had retained exclusive rights to the event since 1957. CBS Radio would become the exclusive national radio network for MLB beginning the following season.

This was also Stockton's only World Series; he had by then become a sportscaster with CBS Sports, remaining until 1994 when he joined Fox Sports, with which he remains today.

1 HR34-700, 1 C31-700, 1 HR24-500
Original install on April 20, 2008 - HR34 & C31 installed on August 24, 2013 - HR24 installed on July 23, 2010

Press any key to continue, or any other key to cancel.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...