Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of DBSTalk by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Free Sling Adapter?

• Please log in to reply
181 replies to this topic

#41 OFFLINE   bnborg

bnborg

Icon

• Registered
  • 616 posts

Posted 24 May 2011 - 08:36 PM

Mine was shipped yesterday and is scheduled to be delivered tomorrow.
Dish Network VIP722k - Gold 250 + HD/Platinum
110,119, and 129 on Dish 1000.2
Dynex (BestBuy) 42" HDTV, Onkyo TX-SR303 Receiver

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#42 OFFLINE   apinkel

apinkel

Mentor

• Registered
  • 42 posts

Posted 25 May 2011 - 07:32 AM

Ordered mine friday, showed up yesterday. It's been working well on both my android via 3G and on my PC over my home network.

I had one issue... my 722k locked up last night and had to be rebooted... I think it was because I used sling on my phone and PC back to back and didn't log out of either one. Since then I've been logging out of the PC/phone when I'm done using it and it now seems stable.

#43 OFFLINE   slickshoes

slickshoes

Legend

• Registered
  • 252 posts
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted 25 May 2011 - 08:51 AM

What if I bought it like 3 months ago...am I out of luck for the rebate? :confused:

#44 OFFLINE   xplocvo

xplocvo

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 12 posts

Posted 25 May 2011 - 10:34 AM

I take it that anyone of us on AT 120 and VIP 722 are out of luck ?

Looks like you need AT 200 or higher. I don't think I'm interested in switching from 120 to 200 just to get this for free. If I bought it outright it would only take 7 months to make up the difference.

I wonder if one could switch to AT 200, order it, stay on AT 200 for 45 days until claiming the offer, then switch back to AT 120.

#45 OFFLINE   harsh

harsh

Beware the Attack Basset

• Registered
  • 17,820 posts
  • LocationSalem, OR

Posted 25 May 2011 - 10:54 AM

So many conditions for such device ... - would be easy to just buy it for the $99.

Agreeing to buy is easy. Coming up with $99 -- not so much.

Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought. -- JFK

#46 OFFLINE   barryaz1

barryaz1

AllStar

• Registered
  • 89 posts

Posted 26 May 2011 - 12:08 AM

Called today and the UPS tracking says it should be here on Friday. My kids in other cities are excited, too. It's also a way of getting around Baseball's and other sports restrictions - since I can watch my 722 anywhere, I'll be able to access a Diamondbacks or Suns game out of area.

#47 OFFLINE   TulsaOK

TulsaOK

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,469 posts

Posted 26 May 2011 - 09:16 AM

Is it possible to use the same USB port for both the lan-adapter and the sling adapter?
<span style='font-size: 10px;'>“Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid.”<br /> - John Wayne</span><br /><br />Avatar: Tanner 1992 - 2009

#48 OFFLINE   sremick

sremick

AllStar

• Registered
  • 74 posts

Posted 26 May 2011 - 09:18 AM

Is it possible to use the same USB port for both the lan-adapter and the sling adapter?

I would imagine so (with a USB hub), although since neither has its own power you might find you need a powered USB. I use a USB hub to use both the external HDD and Sling adapter and it works fine... the ext HDD has its own power so I took a chance and got an unpowered 4-port hub to work (although it was a bit finicky starting things up... could be a power issue still).

#49 OFFLINE   TulsaOK

TulsaOK

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,469 posts

Posted 26 May 2011 - 09:33 AM

I have a four port hub that I have EHD's and the lan-adapter connected. I disconnected one of my EHD's and plugged in the Sling adapter and it appears that it knocks out the lan adapter.
<span style='font-size: 10px;'>“Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid.”<br /> - John Wayne</span><br /><br />Avatar: Tanner 1992 - 2009

#50 OFFLINE   sremick

sremick

AllStar

• Registered
  • 74 posts

Posted 26 May 2011 - 09:37 AM

I have a four port hub that I have EHD's and the lan-adapter connected. I disconnected one of my EHD's and plugged in the Sling adapter and it appears that it knocks out the lan adapter.

Is the hub powered or unpowered?

#51 OFFLINE   klang

klang

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,268 posts
  • LocationNear Houston, TX

Posted 26 May 2011 - 10:10 AM

Hub needs to be powered.

#52 OFFLINE   TulsaOK

TulsaOK

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,469 posts

Posted 26 May 2011 - 11:50 AM

That's where I was headed. Thanks.

#53 OFFLINE   jkane

jkane

Icon

• Registered
  • 695 posts

Posted 26 May 2011 - 12:09 PM

Got ours 2 days ago. Plugged it into the laptop cooler with USB hub built in and it works nicely. Plus, the cooler fan blows through it to keep it cool next to the overheating 722.

There is no rebate form on the web site. :-( I hope they don't pull the deal or play some game around submitting the rebate!
- Jeff
922, 722, 501.

#54 OFFLINE   apinkel

apinkel

Mentor

• Registered
  • 42 posts

Posted 26 May 2011 - 03:10 PM

Got ours 2 days ago. Plugged it into the laptop cooler with USB hub built in and it works nicely. Plus, the cooler fan blows through it to keep it cool next to the overheating 722.

There is no rebate form on the web site. :-( I hope they don't pull the deal or play some game around submitting the rebate!

You need to sign into your account with dish. On the left side you'll see a link called "Sling Adapter Reward" that tells you if you've met all the requirements. Looks like we will be able to submit the request thru the website once all requirements are met (i.e. after 45 days).

#55 OFFLINE   koralis

koralis

Godfather

• Registered
  • 289 posts

Posted 27 May 2011 - 01:29 PM

Is there an additional monthly surcharge for owning the sling adapter?

Trying to figure out if a 622 -> 722k upgrade is worthwhile or not. :)

#56 OFFLINE   MaryB@DishNetwork

MaryB@DishNetwork

Godfather

• DISH Representative
  • 359 posts

Posted 27 May 2011 - 02:38 PM

Is there an additional monthly surcharge for owning the sling adapter?

Trying to figure out if a 622 -> 722k upgrade is worthwhile or not. :)

There is no additional monthly charges incurred for the sling adapter!

Mary Catherine Brady
Team Lead- Dish Internet Response Team

Sunday, Tuesday-Thursday 3:30pm-12:00am, Monday 11:30am-8:00pm (MST)

#57 OFFLINE   MadScientist

MadScientist

Godfather

• Registered
  • 256 posts

Posted 27 May 2011 - 06:27 PM

I am posting this also here since Mary helped me get the sling adapter in the first place.

OK I need some help! I just received my Sling Adapter it is installed and the info comes on the screen (TV) telling me that it’s installed. I go on line to try to watch a program on my computer and it is a no go! I don’t see anything saying “Watch live TV” after I select “Dish remote Access”.
What am I not doing!
On another note is there a light on the unit (sling) that shows it’s powered on? If so I have no light on the sling.

I am hard wired to the internet. But on my account it shows no high speed conected nor sling conected in my account infromation online.

#58 OFFLINE   slickshoes

slickshoes

Legend

• Registered
  • 252 posts
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted 30 May 2011 - 06:29 PM

Again, if I got one 3 months ago, am I out of luck on the rebate?

#59 OFFLINE   mdavej

mdavej

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,227 posts

Posted 30 May 2011 - 06:35 PM

I am posting this also here since Mary helped me get the sling adapter in the first place.

OK I need some help! I just received my Sling Adapter it is installed and the info comes on the screen (TV) telling me that it’s installed. I go on line to try to watch a program on my computer and it is a no go! I don’t see anything saying “Watch live TV” after I select “Dish remote Access”.
What am I not doing!
On another note is there a light on the unit (sling) that shows it’s powered on? If so I have no light on the sling.

I am hard wired to the internet. But on my account it shows no high speed conected nor sling conected in my account infromation online.

Sounds like you might be using Chrome. It will work in IE and Firefox, I think. It will only work in Chrome if you use the IE Tab add-on.

#60 ONLINE   Jim148

Jim148

Godfather

• Registered
  • 312 posts

Posted 30 May 2011 - 07:36 PM

Hub needs to be powered.

Hopefully this doesn't sound argumentative, because that is not the intention, but my hub is not running the optional power supply. (Does that mean it is "bus" powered?) Anyway, when I first bought the laptop cooler I was all set to just order it up from Targus, but I haven't needed it. On the other hand, if I do get it someday, that would give me some extra powered USB ports for charging phones, etc.!

http://www.targus.co...px?sku=APA09USZ

spam firewall