Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

H25 RF Kits Now Available

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   RobertE

RobertE

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 8,024 posts

Posted 20 May 2011 - 06:16 PM

H25 RF Kits Now Available.

Create or login to your account at www.directv.com. Navigate to My Equipment tab, and under Remotes you will find the H25 RF Remote and Mounting Kit. You must have an active H25 to see this option. You may also place an order by calling 1-800-531-5000.

The H25 RF Kit is available for $35 and includes the RF remote, RF antenna and mounting bracket. The mounting bracket is intended for self-installation on the TV or wall.

Technicians are not permitted to install the mounting bracket.
Have an Error or Diagnostic code? Find out what it means and how to fix it here: Click Me
Having issues with your HD locals? Report them here: Click Me
Is your receiver compatible with MRV? Check Here

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Scott Kocourek

Scott Kocourek

On the edge

• Super Moderators
  • 9,148 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 20 May 2011 - 06:19 PM

Thanks Robert, great info.

Opinions expressed by me are my own and do not necessarily reflect
those of DBSTalk.com, DIRECTV, Dish Network, or any other company.
Become a DBSTalk.com member or join the CE program HERE

#3 OFFLINE   treecastle

treecastle

AllStar

• Registered
  • 91 posts
  • LocationEast Tennessee

Posted 20 May 2011 - 07:35 PM

I've been waiting for this for sometime now. Now it's on order :D Happy Day.

#4 OFFLINE   RonP

RonP

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 10 posts

Posted 29 June 2011 - 05:33 AM

If I already have an RF remote can I use it with an H25 without the external antenna that comes in the kit? Is the antenna connection something standard so I can plug in a "coat hanger" if necessary? I want to velcro mount the H25 to the back of the TV and the IR window won't be facing forward. I only need 12' of range.

-Ron

#5 OFFLINE   Stuart Sweet

Stuart Sweet

The Shadow Knows!

• Super Moderators
  • 36,876 posts

Posted 29 June 2011 - 08:22 AM

To be clear, these are for the RF remote. These are not RF modulators.
those of DBSTalk.com, DIRECTV, DISH, The Signal Group, or any other company.

#6 OFFLINE   RunnerFL

RunnerFL

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 15,878 posts

Posted 29 June 2011 - 08:30 AM

If I already have an RF remote can I use it with an H25 without the external antenna that comes in the kit?

No

Is the antenna connection something standard so I can plug in a "coat hanger" if necessary?

No. It's an RF receiver that mounts in front of the IR eye.
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

#7 OFFLINE   RonP

RonP

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 10 posts

Posted 29 June 2011 - 08:51 AM

Hmmm. I think I'll try a strategically placed small mirror before forking out $35 for the RF kit. You would think that supplying a standard IR extender jack/cable would have been a simpler solution to mfg and supply. Oh well. Thanks.

#8 OFFLINE   technicholas

technicholas

• Registered
  • 5 posts

Posted 02 July 2011 - 01:37 PM

ordered.

#9 OFFLINE   randycat

randycat

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 24 posts

Posted 05 July 2011 - 05:21 PM

check your order--mine says call to schedule
free professional installation

#10 OFFLINE   RonP

RonP

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 10 posts

Posted 07 July 2011 - 02:49 PM

Yep. Same problem here. I spent 30 minutes on the phone with D trying to get the order resolved. The CSR I talked with (he's been with D for 9 years FWIW) couldn't make sense of it. I received an order confirmation email but there was no D communications record of it being sent. The description in their records of what I ordered only showed that a "system" was ordered and not an H25 remote kit. My account was not charged, nothing was sent, and it was sitting waiting for me to call and schedule a service visit for installation of said "system". Eventually the CSR gave up trying to figure it out and ordered the kit, himself, then deleted my original order. [All this was after 10 minutes of trying to explain why I needed the kit and why I couldn't use an existing RF remote on the H25].

Bottom line. If you order one of these online check back in 24 hours to see what the status is and be prepared to call D and get it straightened out.

#11 OFFLINE   RobertSeattle

RobertSeattle

Legend

• Registered
  • 138 posts

Posted 13 July 2011 - 07:37 AM

Got mine for free. Went through the online order process and when I got to check it was free. My activation CR was clues about RF and the H25.

#12 OFFLINE   RonP

RonP

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 10 posts

Posted 13 July 2011 - 10:49 AM

Have you received it? My online order and confirmation email also showed zero $ at checkout. After waiting a week for the kit to arrive I re-checked and saw that the order was in limbo. That's when I had to call and talk to "Peggy" - who charged me the $35.

#13 OFFLINE   RobertSeattle

RobertSeattle

Legend

• Registered
  • 138 posts

Posted 22 July 2011 - 10:02 AM

Can someone post a picture of this mount? I've already ordered one and schedule the isntallation (why can't we do it ourself?) and just curious.

#14 OFFLINE   RobertSeattle

RobertSeattle

Legend

• Registered
  • 138 posts

Posted 22 July 2011 - 10:03 AM

From what I understand it has to be installed by a DirectTV installer.

#15 OFFLINE   Mike Bertelson

Mike Bertelson

6EQUJ5 WOW!

• Moderators
  • 13,921 posts

Posted 22 July 2011 - 10:16 AM

According to the first post, installers are not permitted to install the bracket. It's a self install item only.

Do you already have the H25 or is that also part of the install?

Mike

µß
Since it costs 2.4¢ to produce a penny, my 2¢ worth is really 4.8¢ worth.  That 4.8¢ is my own and not the 4.8¢ of DIRECTV, Dish, or anyone else for that matter.

#16 OFFLINE   Scott Kocourek

Scott Kocourek

On the edge

• Super Moderators
  • 9,148 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 22 July 2011 - 10:17 AM

I believe you have it backwards, from what I understand it is not to be installed by a DirecTV tech. You have to order this kit after the receiver install is done and do the wall mount install yourself.

those of DBSTalk.com, DIRECTV, Dish Network, or any other company.
Become a DBSTalk.com member or join the CE program HERE

#17 OFFLINE   RobertE

RobertE

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 8,024 posts

Posted 22 July 2011 - 12:15 PM

According to the first post, installers are not permitted to install the bracket. It's a self install item only.

Do you already have the H25 or is that also part of the install?

Mike

I believe you have it backwards, from what I understand it is not to be installed by a DirecTV tech. You have to order this kit after the receiver install is done and do the wall mount install yourself.

Correct, installers are specificly instructed NOT to mount the bracket on the wall or anywhere. It is a DIY application only. Of course that doesn't mean some won't follow the rules and install it for the customer anyway (probably for a charge). Also, no CSR should EVER setup a service call or installation for that bracket.
Have an Error or Diagnostic code? Find out what it means and how to fix it here: Click Me
Having issues with your HD locals? Report them here: Click Me
Is your receiver compatible with MRV? Check Here

#18 OFFLINE   RonP

RonP

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 10 posts

Posted 22 July 2011 - 04:36 PM

Yep, the kit is for self-install, only. Techs are not permitted to mount the kit on your wall.

The problem I had is that when I ordered the kit online the system incorrectly flagged it as needing professional installation and the order sat in limbo waiting for me to call in and schedule it. When I called to check why I hadn't received the kit (a week later) the CSR untangled the mess, cancelled the original order, correctly re-ordered the kit and cancelled installation. I received the kit three days later.

FWIW, I ordered the kit only for the special antenna and RF remote, not the bracket. I zip-tied the H25 to the back of my TV and am not using the bracket.

RobertSeattle - I see you ordered your kit on July 13. If you haven't received it yet, I'd bet yours is sitting in limbo, too.

-Ron

#19 OFFLINE   RobertSeattle

RobertSeattle

Legend

• Registered
  • 138 posts

Posted 22 July 2011 - 10:26 PM

Thanks for the corrections. The online ordering system for these kits is totally F*d up. I had to spent an hour talking to various CSRs to get it fixed. The only proper way to order these is by talking to a CSR - most of who have no clue this item even exits.

Sometimes DirecTV amazes me - they can put hundred million+ dollar satellites in orbit but can royally screw up a simple $35 online order.

#20 OFFLINE   nike5580

nike5580

AllStar

• Registered
  • 75 posts
  • LocationPittsfield, New Hampshire

Posted 10 August 2011 - 08:54 PM

Looks like you can get one from solid signal now. I am not sure if it comes with the RF dongle, as the description only states "The wall mount bracket also includes space for the RF dongle".

http://www.solidsign...5MNT)&c=DIRECTV Receivers&sku=

Protected By... spam firewall...And...