Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of DBSTalk by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

American Idol 2011 - Finale 5/24/2011

• Please log in to reply
106 replies to this topic

Poll: Who is your 2011 American Idol? (49 member(s) have cast votes)

Who is your 2011 American Idol?

1. Scotty McCreery (21 votes [42.86%])

Percentage of vote: 42.86%

2. Lauren Alaina (28 votes [57.14%])

Percentage of vote: 57.14%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#101 OFFLINE   Doug Brott

Doug Brott

Lifetime Achiever

• Topic Starter
  • DBSTalk Club
  • 28,902 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 07 June 2011 - 06:02 PM

Simon has never produced or executive produced on American Idol.

[I]"Simon Phillip Cowell (born 7 October 1959) is a British music executive, television producer and entrepreneur."
I'll have some of whatever you're smokin.

Nobody was ever talking about anybody producing American Idol the show. We were talking about Jimmy, i.e. MUSIC producers. That's what AI needs more of.

OK .. but there was a very, very heavy dose of implication in your "what are you smoking?" comment.
DIRECTV Firmware Monitor - iPhone - Android - HTML5

DIRECTV employee since August 2011.
All comments are my own. Unless specifically stated, my views do NOT represent the views of DIRECTV

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#102 OFFLINE   Maruuk

Maruuk

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,951 posts

Posted 08 June 2011 - 01:23 PM

It's a stock chatroom response when somebody comes up with something completely out of left field irrelevant to the discussion.

At any rate, Fox will probably just hold the status quo next year content-wise, but at least we'll see new blood. I just found this year's final 13 or so to be incredibly depressing and devoid of freshness and inspired musical notions. Very slick and professional of course, but very predictable and safe. Even Casey became predictable and grating. Both he and Haley had that forced, ersatz "blues" growl trying to sound funky. Brutal.

I'm actually looking forward to a whole new fresh crop of talent. Can't possibly be as stultifying as this year. Less NASCAR, more Sheryl Crow/Gaga. Less Glee, more SXSW!

#103 OFFLINE   Henry

Henry

Retired Member

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,045 posts
  • LocationPine, CO

Posted 08 June 2011 - 03:21 PM

For the record, I said "...or I misinterpreted your original post."

I don't like having to be on the defensive with each response I make. You could have said that I misunderstood your post, in wich case I would have quickly apologized and moved on.
VIP722kDVR (Living Room)
VIP211 (Bedroom)
VIP622DVR (Art Room)

DMA 18 (Denver)

#104 OFFLINE   Stuart Sweet

Stuart Sweet

The Shadow Knows!

• Super Moderators
  • 36,646 posts

Posted 08 June 2011 - 03:44 PM

With some sadness, I can say that it's extraordinarily unlikely that I'll give Idol a third try next season. This past season was better, yes. There were even some songs I liked. But... the lack of judging got to me, and really I just don't connect with the 15-30 year old generation. I'm going to give X Factor a try, with the understanding that it's largely supplanted Idol in other countries. I'm hoping to like it a lot more.
Opinions expressed by me are my own and do not necessarily reflect
those of DBSTalk.com, DIRECTV, DISH, The Signal Group, or any other company.

#105 OFFLINE   Maruuk

Maruuk

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,951 posts

Posted 10 June 2011 - 12:43 PM

I've taken to skimming/speedwatching it to hunt for any gems. But I may end up in your camp quickly if they don't get their act together.

Just don't stop those killer Mad Men analyses! (though it looks like we'll have to wait for Spring 2012 for them!)

Man, these series that casually take these 18-24 month sabbaticals--don't they realize they're pitching half their loyal audience into the hopper? By the time the show comes back, you can't even remember the characters' names!

#106 OFFLINE   machavez00

machavez00

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,590 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, Arizona

Posted 13 October 2011 - 09:30 AM

For those who are interested, Scott CD did quite well for it's first week.

'Idol's' Scotty McCreery Makes History at No. 1 on Billboard 200

American Idol" winner Scotty McCreery makes history as his debut album, "Clear as Day," bows at No. 1 on the Billboard 200 chart with 197,000 sold, according to Nielsen SoundScan.

McCreery is the first country act to debut at No. 1 with their first studio album, and at 18-years old, the youngest man to open at the top of the chart with their debut release.

Previously, the youngest male to bow at No. 1 with their premiere album was Omarion, who was 20 when "O" started at No. 1 in 2005.

Laurens's CD was released 10/11 We'll see how her first week sales are.

#107 OFFLINE   sigma1914

sigma1914

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 13,541 posts
  • LocationAllen, TX

Posted 13 October 2011 - 09:39 AM

For those who are interested, Scott CD did quite well for it's first week.

'Idol's' Scotty McCreery Makes History at No. 1 on Billboard 200

Laurens's CD was released 10/11 We'll see how her first week sales are.

Quite well? Maybe for a debut country album. Some not so great AI alums had better 1st week numbers... Ruben - 417,000 David Cook - 280,000 :lol:
If you stop responding to them or put them on ignore, then eventually they'll go away.

spam firewall