Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

NASCAR Star Kyle Busch Busted for Speeding in North Carolina

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   fluffybear

fluffybear

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 7,225 posts
  • LocationPeachtree City, GA.

Posted 25 May 2011 - 08:32 AM

NASCAR driver Kyle Busch was clocked by a North Carolina sheriff's deputy going 128 mph in a 45 mph zone and was cited for careless and reckless driving and speeding, a law enforcement spokesman said Tuesday.
Iredell County Sheriff's Office Capt. Darren Campbell said a deputy stopped Busch's 2012 yellow Lexus sports car on a road between Troutman and Mooresville, where the 26-year-old driver lives. It's about 30 miles north of Charlotte.
NASCAR spokesman Kerry Tharp said Busch would be allowed to race this weekend at Charlotte Motor Speedway. He's coming off a second-place finish in Saturday night's All-Star race, and goes into the Coca-Cola 600 ranked third in the Sprint Cup Series standings.
"This is a matter that Kyle will have to handle with the authorities in Iredell County," Tharp said. "Based on what we know right now, this would not impact his status as a NASCAR driver."
In 2006, Busch pleaded guilty to improper driving and was fined $150 after he was ticketed in suburban Richmond, Va., on a reckless driving charge when he pulled out of a gas station and into a fast-food restaurant. Busch said at the time he "chirped" his tires but didn't exceed 10 mph.

Full Article

Proud DirecTV customer since July, 1994

My Q4 2014 Set-Up

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon

Excellent Adventurer

• Moderators
  • 19,854 posts
  • LocationKittrell, NC

Posted 25 May 2011 - 01:14 PM

He should get nailed for such an obvious disregard for the law... according to whatever the law says is deserved punishment... but I don't see why it would affect his job.

Now... if he had gotten into an accident and damaged property or injured/killed someone... I'd say that it would be such bad PR that Nascar would want to distance itself from that... but just being caught speeding and driving reckless doesn't seem like something you lose or are penalized by your job over.

-- Respect the S.H.I.E.L.D.

#3 OFFLINE   4HiMarks

4HiMarks

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,355 posts
  • LocationLaurel, MD

Posted 25 May 2011 - 01:32 PM

... but just being caught speeding and driving reckless doesn't seem like something you lose or are penalized by your job over.

Especially when your job requires you to speed and drive (w)recklessly. :D
Dish subscriber since 2000, HD since 2004.

#4 OFFLINE   Cholly

Cholly

Old Guys Rule!

• DBSTalk Club
  • 4,488 posts
  • LocationIndian Trail, NC

Posted 25 May 2011 - 04:50 PM

Scott Fowler, sports columnist for the Charlotte Observer, says team owner Joe Gibbs should suspend Busch for at least one race. Bruton Smith, owner of the Charlotte Motor Speedway, says Busch shouldn't be suspended.
Another take on the matter, this from WCNC-TV, Charlotte: http://www.wcnc.com/...-122527934.html

Charlie
--------------------

Family Room: Samsung UN60F7100 60" LED 3D TV; Samsung  BD-H5900 3D Blu-Ray DVD player; Yamaha RX-V663 AVR. Paradigm speakers - Focus fronts, CC170 center, PDR-8 subwoofer, Atom surrounds, ADP rear center; TiVo Roamio Plus DVR, Toshiba HD-A3 HD DVD player.
Bedroom: Vizio 42" 3D TV, Pioneer VSX-521-K AVR, Panasonic 3D DVD player, Energy Take Classic 5.1 speakers, Roku 2 XD, TiVo Premiere, Insignia HD radio tuner, Toshiba HD DVD player

#5 ONLINE   trh

trh

This Space for Sale

• Registered
  • 3,385 posts
  • LocationNE FL

Posted 25 May 2011 - 05:54 PM

I wonder what would have happened it if was one of "us" who was doing 128 in a 45? We'd probably still be in jail.

#6 OFFLINE   Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon

Excellent Adventurer

• Moderators
  • 19,854 posts
  • LocationKittrell, NC

Posted 26 May 2011 - 12:42 PM

I wonder what would have happened it if was one of "us" who was doing 128 in a 45? We'd probably still be in jail.

Depends on how you are with the cop and your personal history.

IF you don't have a criminal record, and are polite with the cop... and are not under the influence... you may very well get the ticket and be allowed to go home... though I'd expect the cop to follow you a while to make sure you don't speed up again.

-- Respect the S.H.I.E.L.D.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...