Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Filter Dish Remote Access listing by networks?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   sremick

sremick

AllStar

• Registered
  • 75 posts

Posted 25 May 2011 - 01:55 PM

So I'm still stuck using the clunky Dish Remote Access because Dish Online only has like 1/100th of the features... including no way to show all movies coming in the next 7 days ("later"). I like to scan the next several days for movies to queue up for my DVR.

So what I've been doing is going into DRA, click on the "Later" tab, then check "HD Content only". This gives me 10-20 pages of movies which I then sort through. Problem is, I only like recording movies from channels that don't butcher/edit them, and no commercials. It'd be nice to further trim down this list automatically by filtering out channels like USA, TBS, FX, Spike, SyFy, etc. But I've tried going into the "Edit>" next to "Filters" and then "Networks", which are all unchecked (I'd expect them to all be checked by default?). I've tried alternately checking and unchecking some networks there then going back to my results, but couldn't see any effect, so I must be going about this wrong. Any ideas?

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   TonyT@DISH Network

TonyT@DISH Network

Legend

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmatio
  • 111 posts

Posted 26 May 2011 - 10:33 PM

I was playing around with DRA and I found that, if you want to find movies that are not "butchered", there is a manner of tinkering that will help.

When you filter everything, its "adding" little filters on the left side of the screen. Things like movies you want to keep.

Here's what you should try. When you start in "Everything", go to "edit" and "Networks". Pick the networks like Starz, or whatever networks you approve of (make sure you subscribe to them, lol), and then click back on the later tab (you may need to refresh). It might not look any different at first, but you will notice the little filters under "Everything" on the left side. Next to some of those filters, there is a little X you can click on to remove them. The networks you chose you can click on and search by the network. Is this what you were looking for?
Anthony Thomas
DISH Network Customer Service
2:45PM to 11:15PM Sunday-Thursday

Protected By... spam firewall...And...