Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Is 922 Going Away?

• Please log in to reply
101 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   ddd831

ddd831

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 10 posts

Posted 25 May 2011 - 03:44 PM

I'm a DirecTV customer considering switching over to Dish network because they have a lot of HD channels that Direct does not currently have. When I go to dishnetwork.com or dishtv.com to build an order and select programming, receivers, etc., neither site offers the 922 any longer for and HD DVR. They both only offer the 722 with Sling adapter. I can't find any posts or threads that say the 922 is being discontinued so am wondering why I can no longer select it. Thanks in advance for any info on this.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   garygaryj

garygaryj

AllStar

• Registered
  • 76 posts

Posted 25 May 2011 - 03:54 PM

... dishnetwork.com or dishtv.com ...neither site offers the 922 any longer for and HD DVR. ...922 is being discontinued so am wondering why I can no longer select it. Thanks in advance for any info on this.

See this: 922 is first item listed here

And when I recently ordered DishNetwork a few weeks ago (by phone) I was able to order a VIP 922 ... also leaving D*TV for better HD channel selection.

#3 OFFLINE   Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon

Excellent Adventurer

• Moderators
  • 19,595 posts
  • LocationKittrell, NC

Posted 25 May 2011 - 04:27 PM

Sometimes the Dish configuration app on the Web site is quirky... I have had to add multiple TVs sometimes to get all the receiver models to show up... and of course a 922 costs extra, so there's a different process to get it added in the configuration.

I haven't heard anything that would indicate the 922 is going anywhere.

-- Respect the S.H.I.E.L.D.

#4 OFFLINE   ddd831

ddd831

Cool Member

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 10 posts

Posted 25 May 2011 - 05:16 PM

Okay, well that's good news. Thanks for the info. Looks like I'll just need to call them when I'm ready to switch so as to be sure I get the 922 rather than the 722.

#5 OFFLINE   MaryB@DishNetwork

MaryB@DishNetwork

Godfather

• DISH Representative
  • 360 posts

Posted 25 May 2011 - 05:38 PM

I'm a DirecTV customer considering switching over to Dish network because they have a lot of HD channels that Direct does not currently have. When I go to dishnetwork.com or dishtv.com to build an order and select programming, receivers, etc., neither site offers the 922 any longer for and HD DVR. They both only offer the 722 with Sling adapter. I can't find any posts or threads that say the 922 is being discontinued so am wondering why I can no longer select it. Thanks in advance for any info on this.

I have reported the issue with the dishnetwork.com not showing the VIP922 as a receiver option. It most definitely has not been discontinued!! If you call or advise a local retailer that you want the VIP922 they will be sure it have it placed on your order. If you have any problems at all, please just let a DIRT member know and we can always assist!

Mary Catherine Brady
Team Lead- Dish Internet Response Team

Sunday-Wednesday 2:30pm-11:00pm, Thursday 1:30pm-10:00pm (MST)

#6 OFFLINE   Pirate Parrot

Pirate Parrot

• Registered
  • 2 posts

Posted 25 May 2011 - 07:27 PM

I had a problem with the same thing for a new connect. I tried ordering it last night online but evertime I clicked on it from the 922 page it would send me through the order process and wouldn't offer it when I set up the rooms so first thing this morning I contacted chat nline and the agent advised me that it is no longer being sold that it was discontinued. So I called when I got done work and the agent advised the same thing! So he set me up with service with a 722k and sling adapter.Then I went online to dish support and Mike advised it is not discontinued and had another agent call me and got me the 922 what a mess... Well we will see if I get it on sunday at least I know I paid for it, but who knows what I'll get!

#7 OFFLINE   ddd831

ddd831

Cool Member

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 10 posts

Posted 25 May 2011 - 07:38 PM

Well, that's good to know that it's not being discontinued. When I switch to Dish that's the receiver/DVR I want. It's just odd that when I went through the build order process before it offered the 922 as a DVR upgrade, now it's showing only the 722 with Sling. Anyway, I'm very glad to know that DIRT team members are here to assist. Thanks!

#8 OFFLINE   MaryB@DishNetwork

MaryB@DishNetwork

Godfather

• DISH Representative
  • 360 posts

Posted 25 May 2011 - 07:40 PM

I had a problem with the same thing for a new connect. I tried ordering it last night online but evertime I clicked on it from the 922 page it would send me through the order process and wouldn't offer it when I set up the rooms so first thing this morning I contacted chat nline and the agent advised me that it is no longer being sold that it was discontinued. So I called when I got done work and the agent advised the same thing! So he set me up with service with a 722k and sling adapter.Then I went online to dish support and Mike advised it is not discontinued and had another agent call me and got me the 922 what a mess... Well we will see if I get it on sunday at least I know I paid for it, but who knows what I'll get!

Your account was set-up properly for the VIP922. The problem has been reported and it will be fixed in our system shortly. We do apologize that this has effected so many of our customers but the VIP922 is still available!

Mary Catherine Brady

#9 OFFLINE   Pirate Parrot

Pirate Parrot

• Registered
  • 2 posts

Posted 25 May 2011 - 07:47 PM

Thanks Mary, and Matt, and Stephen for helping me out with this! Thing is why would I get the run around from sales though! I dunno not gonna grind it out in a public forum but I just don't understand why sales would advise me that it is being discontinued also.... anyhow thanks again to you to your team!

#10 OFFLINE   MaryB@DishNetwork

MaryB@DishNetwork

Godfather

• DISH Representative
  • 360 posts

Posted 25 May 2011 - 08:04 PM

Thanks Mary, and Matt, and Stephen for helping me out with this! Thing is why would I get the run around from sales though! I dunno not gonna grind it out in a public forum but I just don't understand why sales would advise me that it is being discontinued also.... anyhow thanks again to you to your team!

I agree 100%!! When it was not available to them, they assumed. We are fixing it for all our salesteam. We appreciate it when people call our attention to these issues so we can resolve sooner than later. Thanks for the heads up!!

Edited by MaryB@DishNetwork, 25 May 2011 - 08:17 PM.

Mary Catherine Brady

#11 OFFLINE   P Smith

P Smith

Mr. FixAnything

• Registered
  • 19,853 posts
  • LocationMediterranean Sea

Posted 25 May 2011 - 08:17 PM

Yeah, it's time to add new XiP813 instead of old 922 ! ;)

#12 OFFLINE   MaryB@DishNetwork

MaryB@DishNetwork

Godfather

• DISH Representative
  • 360 posts

Posted 25 May 2011 - 08:22 PM

I want the XIP813 myself!! I can't wait for this one to be released.

Mary Catherine Brady

#13 OFFLINE   RasputinAXP

RasputinAXP

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,135 posts

Posted 26 May 2011 - 07:08 AM

If I'd known the 813 was coming I'd have skipped the 922... *sigh*

"Belligerent and numerous."

Sometimes I update the Dish Network FAQ

AT200, Hopper & 360 via HDMI to Onkyo 505 to basement 42" Westy, Hopper via Comp-over-Cat5 to living room 42" Vizio with a Roku 3, Joey to Toshiba 32" LCD with a Logitech Revue. You want fries with that? Pull up to the 2nd window.

#14 OFFLINE   356B

356B

Icon

• Registered
  • 895 posts
  • LocationNorthern California

Posted 26 May 2011 - 09:40 AM

Ya think.................
Thank you and
Best of luck

#15 OFFLINE   356B

356B

Icon

• Registered
  • 895 posts
  • LocationNorthern California

Posted 26 May 2011 - 09:41 AM

I want the XIP813 myself!! I can't wait for this one to be released.

Any idea when this date might be?
Thank you and
Best of luck

#16 OFFLINE   P Smith

P Smith

Mr. FixAnything

• Registered
  • 19,853 posts
  • LocationMediterranean Sea

Posted 26 May 2011 - 09:44 AM

soon, really soon - end of the year

#17 OFFLINE   Bearxor

Bearxor

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 13 posts

Posted 19 August 2011 - 07:38 AM

I know this is an old thread, but I didn't see anything else in this forum that deals with this.

I'm being told REPEATEDLY by several DN reps that the 922 is discontinued and no longer available with all of them pushing me off to the 722. Is this correct?

#18 OFFLINE   Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon

Excellent Adventurer

• Moderators
  • 19,595 posts
  • LocationKittrell, NC

Posted 19 August 2011 - 11:36 AM

I know this is an old thread, but I didn't see anything else in this forum that deals with this.

I'm being told REPEATEDLY by several DN reps that the 922 is discontinued and no longer available with all of them pushing me off to the 722. Is this correct?

When you say "DN reps" are you sure you aren't talking to a reseller?

The 922 is their top of the line receiver, and they charge a $200 fee to allow you to upgrade to it... there's no way Dish would be talking people out of paying that fee if they call and ask for it.

-- Respect the S.H.I.E.L.D.

#19 OFFLINE   MaryB@DishNetwork

MaryB@DishNetwork

Godfather

• DISH Representative
  • 360 posts

Posted 19 August 2011 - 04:18 PM

Hi, I am sorry that this misinformation is still being given out to customers. The VIP922 Slingloaded DVR is our newest model receiver. Everything that James says is correct. Right now the sales department is pushing the VIP722 with the sling adapter rebate and will only sell the VIP922 if specifically asked for. If you need any assistance with this, please feel free to contact me and I can get you set-up if that is what you would like! Thank you!

Mary Catherine Brady

#20 OFFLINE   vahighland

vahighland

Cool Member/Supporter

• Registered
  • 125 posts

Posted 22 August 2011 - 07:05 AM

Hi, I am sorry that this misinformation is still being given out to customers. The VIP922 Slingloaded DVR is our newest model receiver. Everything that James says is correct. Right now the sales department is pushing the VIP722 with the sling adapter rebate and will only sell the VIP922 if specifically asked for. If you need any assistance with this, please feel free to contact me and I can get you set-up if that is what you would like! Thank you!

Why are they pushing the VIP722 and not pushing the VIP922? That's curious.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...