Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Is 922 Going Away?

• Please log in to reply
101 replies to this topic

#41 OFFLINE   MaryB@DishNetwork

MaryB@DishNetwork

Godfather

• DISH Representative
  • 361 posts

Posted 31 August 2011 - 09:52 PM

Another poster here who works for Dish says the 922 has been discontinued. I will try to find the post.

No offense to the DIRT Team, but I think they are being kept in the dark about the end of the 922.

Again, the VIP922 Sling loaded DVR is our newest receiver and it is not going away. There is a marketing campaign that now has our sales associates pushing the VIP722 with Sling Adapter Rebate as a high priority. The VIP922 is an awesome receiver and DISH Network is still improving on it features. :)

The entire DISH Internet Response Team was given the Advanced Broadband Training for Troubleshooting Sling and Sling related Broadband issues.

Edited by MaryB@DishNetwork, 31 August 2011 - 10:05 PM.

Mary Catherine Brady
Team Lead- Dish Internet Response Team

Sunday-Wednesday 2:30pm-11:00pm, Thursday 1:30pm-10:00pm (MST)

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#42 OFFLINE   BenJF3

BenJF3

Godfather

• Registered
  • 308 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 02:44 AM

I am actively looking at going back with Dish after about 6 years. Had them prior to moving to a new area and upon relocating, liked what cable was offering and got a killer new sub deal. However, the new hardware and DVR software they foisted upon us leaves MUCH to be desired and I'm having continued issues with the other services as of late. The 922 would be my choice for receiver, so I'm glad to hear they are not getting rid of it. That said, I'm extremely concerned about an install. Last time I had issues was due to a shoddy subcontractor. I'll continue to hunt the forum for further info.
BAN the FCC!

#43 OFFLINE   Ray C@DISH Network

Ray C@DISH Network

Icon

• DISH Representative
  • 914 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 08:14 AM

BenJF3,
Unless you are located in a rural area, most of the times we have our DNS technician who perform our installations. We will use contractors if we are too busy or if the customer is located in a rural area. I had a contractor install my service. He was actually very good. I haven't had any problems with my installation since it was installed. If you have any questions, please PM me. Thanks.

#44 OFFLINE   khearrean

khearrean

Godfather

• Registered
  • 516 posts
  • LocationS.E. Texas

Posted 09 September 2011 - 02:12 PM

Again, the VIP922 Sling loaded DVR is our newest receiver and it is not going away. There is a marketing campaign that now has our sales associates pushing the VIP722 with Sling Adapter Rebate as a high priority. The VIP922 is an awesome receiver and DISH Network is still improving on it features. :)

The entire DISH Internet Response Team was given the Advanced Broadband Training for Troubleshooting Sling and Sling related Broadband issues.

I asked this in another thread a few weeks ago and again would like to ask. I have been a Dish customer for 16 years & currently have (2) 211k's. I have never had a DVR, but keep hearing how much I'm missing. I am one of these that like all the bells & whistles and was wondering if the 922 would be the better choice for me? I do not care about the sling capabilities, but have read in several places that the 922 has a better interface, faster channel response and plain & simply a better looking EPG, etc. But for the add'l $200, would it be worth it for me? That's the question I'm still struggling with. Any add'l suggestions?

Ken
The optimist claims the glass is half full; the pessimist claims it is half empty. An engineer observes that the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.

#45 OFFLINE   356B

356B

Icon

• Registered
  • 901 posts
  • LocationNorthern California

Posted 09 September 2011 - 02:23 PM

It was worth it for me.......that said it was a process, the Sling in particular, which is relatively stable with Dish Online.....lately. Aside from that I think it's great, some don't seem to think it's worth the extra expense, maybe because they don't have it, each their own.
I have had no serious issues but some have......how's that for a disclaimer?
If you want vanilla get the 722K, I have it too, it's a good unit but not as interesting as the 922....at least for me.
Thank you and
Best of luck

#46 OFFLINE   P Smith

P Smith

Mr. FixAnything

• Registered
  • 20,044 posts
  • LocationMediterranean Sea

Posted 09 September 2011 - 02:33 PM

For me it would be simple - if a person bring to the table a $200 word, no deal (adding no Sling interested).
The 722k has same power (less RAM) and could be next successor of 922's graphic interface. Look what is coming (read engadget site for the news) to less powerful DTV DVRs soon.

#47 OFFLINE   big boot

big boot

• Registered
  • 9 posts

Posted 09 September 2011 - 04:34 PM

Any of the dvr's will be a huge step up if you never had one before. You can't lose either way.

#48 OFFLINE   Jhon69

Jhon69

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,638 posts

Posted 10 September 2011 - 09:15 AM

For me it would be simple - if a person bring to the table a $200 word, no deal (adding no Sling interested).
The 722k has same power (less RAM) and could be next successor of 922's graphic interface. Look what is coming (read engadget site for the news) to less powerful DTV DVRs soon.

I would like the 922's guide,or something similar on my 722k.;):D

#49 OFFLINE   Jhon69

Jhon69

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,638 posts

Posted 04 October 2011 - 08:31 AM

So since my last post it has been reported that Dish Network would make the 922 available to certain customer's for a 24 month commitment after Oct.1st.

I called in to request an upgrade and was denied,but in all honesty Dish Network did upgrade me to the 722k/wMT2 in Jan.2011.The main reason I wanted to upgrade to the 922 was the updated GUI,otherwise I am totally happy with my 722k/wMT2.So hopefully Dish Network will realize that updating their GUI on their 722k will help reduce the requests for the 922.:)

#50 OFFLINE   bnewt

bnewt

Godfather

• Registered
  • 368 posts

Posted 04 October 2011 - 09:17 AM

Does the 922 function like the 722 with respect to the home distribution?

May God Guide and Guard the USA!

#51 OFFLINE   RasputinAXP

RasputinAXP

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,135 posts

Posted 04 October 2011 - 01:32 PM

Yup. TV2 via coax.

"Belligerent and numerous."

Sometimes I update the Dish Network FAQ

AT200, Hopper & 360 via HDMI to Onkyo 505 to basement 42" Westy, Hopper via Comp-over-Cat5 to living room 42" Vizio with a Roku 3, Joey to Toshiba 32" LCD with a Logitech Revue. You want fries with that? Pull up to the 2nd window.

#52 OFFLINE   dishman1999

dishman1999

• Banned User
  • 120 posts

Posted 07 October 2011 - 05:33 PM

Hi, I am sorry that this misinformation is still being given out to customers. The VIP922 Slingloaded DVR is our newest model receiver. Everything that James says is correct. Right now the sales department is pushing the VIP722 with the sling adapter rebate and will only sell the VIP922 if specifically asked for. If you need any assistance with this, please feel free to contact me and I can get you set-up if that is what you would like! Thank you!

Mary is there a way to upgrade to a 922 VIP?

thanks
Dishman1999

#53 OFFLINE   P Smith

P Smith

Mr. FixAnything

• Registered
  • 20,044 posts
  • LocationMediterranean Sea

Posted 07 October 2011 - 07:15 PM

Yes. Easy. By buying it.

#54 OFFLINE   dishman1999

dishman1999

• Banned User
  • 120 posts

Posted 08 October 2011 - 05:19 AM

Yes. Easy. By buying it.

I don't need a smart azz person telling me what to do This is a question for Mary not some wise azz that has No call telling me what to do!:mad::mad:

I been with Dish a long time when it was called Echostar . you want to keep a customer tell me what I need to do!

Edited by dishman1999, 08 October 2011 - 05:31 AM.

#55 OFFLINE   AZ.

AZ.

Legend

• Registered
  • 139 posts

Posted 08 October 2011 - 08:27 AM

I don't need a smart azz person telling me what to do This is a question for Mary not some wise azz that has No call telling me what to do!:mad::mad:

I been with Dish a long time when it was called Echostar . you want to keep a customer tell me what I need to do!

Have you tried PMing Mary??

#56 OFFLINE   Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon

Excellent Adventurer

• Moderators
  • 19,846 posts
  • LocationKittrell, NC

Posted 08 October 2011 - 09:54 PM

Moderator warning... do not attack/harass other users.

Please stay on topic, or at least reasonably close to the topic.

-- Respect the S.H.I.E.L.D.

#57 OFFLINE   dishman1999

dishman1999

• Banned User
  • 120 posts

Posted 10 October 2011 - 09:18 AM

Have you tried PMing Mary??

she E-mail me Thank you Mary and you too AZ!

Edited by dishman1999, 11 October 2011 - 06:08 AM.

#58 OFFLINE   gsocal2011

gsocal2011

• Registered
  • 5 posts

Posted 23 October 2011 - 07:31 AM

why is everyone so interested in the 922? Doesn't the 722 do the same thing if you get the sling adapter? What I'm more interested is the XIP 813...any idea when this comes out ? I signed up for Dish Network yesterday, thought it was a great deal, but then read I'd only receive HD on one TV and it's not true whole house DVR...any thoughts?

#59 OFFLINE   AZ.

AZ.

Legend

• Registered
  • 139 posts

Posted 23 October 2011 - 09:21 AM

why is everyone so interested in the 922? Doesn't the 722 do the same thing if you get the sling adapter? What I'm more interested is the XIP 813...any idea when this comes out ? I signed up for Dish Network yesterday, thought it was a great deal, but then read I'd only receive HD on one TV and it's not true whole house DVR...any thoughts?

I cant asnwer the exact reason people want the 922 ? It basicly SUCKS, and been out for a year and a half!... If some one is waiting on the XIP line of stb's expect long delays past the release date, and exept lots of bugs and problems.....Its what dish does, not an opinion a fact!

#60 OFFLINE   356B

356B

Icon

• Registered
  • 901 posts
  • LocationNorthern California

Posted 23 October 2011 - 09:23 AM

It's newer.....bigger hard-drive, built-in Sling, better graphics, menus more user friendly and generally more interesting, (for me) than the 722K, I have both...early on there were several annoying bugs and omissions, which for the most part are gone. Sling is still an issue but that is not exclusive to the 922, that's just exclusive to sling........:lol:

As for the XIP 813, it is to be released soon, which is code for whenever, next year , not sure what month, blah, blah, blah. Stay tuned.....

It (the 922) is not a traditional "whole house" system, the fabled "Extender" never materialized.....

Receiving HD on more than 1 TV depends on the setup. I ran a long HDMI cable (50 ft.) to the bedroom and use those regular RCA type HD connectors for the Kitchen in the main house..where the receiver lives (722k), looks like HD to me...using coax will not give HD to the second unit though (at least for me it didn't), I tried that with less than desirable results, that's when I went with the HDMI cable.
It's a process...isn't it?
Thank you and
Best of luck

Protected By... spam firewall...And...