Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Dish Network & Tornado Victims

• Please log in to reply
86 replies to this topic

#81 OFFLINE   Mr-Rick

Mr-Rick

Legend

• Registered
  • 233 posts

Posted 30 May 2011 - 06:32 AM

Well it seems this issue has been solved. The link below to a NY Times article shows that both Bright House Cable and Charter Communications are not charging for equipment that was lost or damaged by the tornadoes in Alabama. While the initial thought was that the customers insurance company would pay for it, these two cable companies changed and will not charge.

They obviously can see the cost to stiff these people will certainly be much higher than replacing a set-top-box.

http://bucks.blogs.n...-in-a-disaster/

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#82 OFFLINE   P Smith

P Smith

Mr. FixAnything

• Registered
  • 19,895 posts
  • LocationMediterranean Sea

Posted 30 May 2011 - 09:37 AM

Why is this still being discussed? Until there's a case out there of this actually happening, all I really see going on here is a contest about who can stand on the tallest stack of soap boxes. Can we let this die until someone actually musters up some proof of this?

Because of freedom of speech. Because not everyone is coldblooded ...

#83 OFFLINE   RasputinAXP

RasputinAXP

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,135 posts

Posted 30 May 2011 - 09:52 AM

coldblooded? Come on, not even an actual link to a substantive claim of "DISH SCREWED ME." Give folks a break.

"Belligerent and numerous."

Sometimes I update the Dish Network FAQ

AT200, Hopper & 360 via HDMI to Onkyo 505 to basement 42" Westy, Hopper via Comp-over-Cat5 to living room 42" Vizio with a Roku 3, Joey to Toshiba 32" LCD with a Logitech Revue. You want fries with that? Pull up to the 2nd window.

#84 OFFLINE   P Smith

P Smith

Mr. FixAnything

• Registered
  • 19,895 posts

Posted 30 May 2011 - 10:00 AM

2011 Federal Disasters;

http://www.fema.gov/.../disasters.fema

This does not include events that may have caused widespread damage, but fell below Federal guidelines.

I count 37 Major Disaster Declarations, 7 Emergency Declarations and 51 Fire Management Assistance Declarations. I have no idea how many homes and business were lost in those events, but the numbers would surely be well into the thousands.

Now add to that 10% (maximum) of dish service subscribers and you'll end up with HUNDREDS cases. As we already pointed.

#85 OFFLINE   Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon

Excellent Adventurer

• Moderators
  • 19,622 posts
  • LocationKittrell, NC

Posted 30 May 2011 - 10:26 PM

As soon as someone has a specific reference to a Dish customer who was not helped by Dish, please post it. A member of the Dish Internet Response Team has posted in this thread and asked that anyone affected contact them for assistance. So I'm not seeing Dish being callous here.

That said...

It's still amazing what people want for free these days, and what they feel entitled to... I feel much more for the people who lost their homes and loved ones than I do for the ones who lost a Dish receiver.

-- Respect the S.H.I.E.L.D.

#86 OFFLINE   P Smith

P Smith

Mr. FixAnything

• Registered
  • 19,895 posts

Posted 30 May 2011 - 10:40 PM

As soon as someone has a specific reference to a Dish customer who was not helped by Dish, please post it. A member of the Dish Internet Response Team has posted in this thread and asked that anyone affected contact them for assistance. So I'm not seeing Dish being callous here.

That said...

It's still amazing what people want for free these days, and what they feel entitled to... I feel much more for the people who lost their homes and loved ones than I do for the ones who lost a Dish receiver.

This time they are the same ppl ...

#87 OFFLINE   Lucavex

Lucavex

AllStar

• Registered
  • 94 posts

Posted 31 May 2011 - 02:08 AM

Because of freedom of speech. Because not everyone is coldblooded ...

Cold-blooded? I'm not sure where you were going with that. I don't know how I was being cold-blooded. I just wonder why this is still a topic of conversation when there hasn't been one single person who's made the claim that this has happened.

In my eyes, it's not worth talking about a situation that hasn't even occurred. Speculation gets folks nowhere.
The color differs from my own but.. Would you express them in your own hues, and paint.. for me?

Protected By... spam firewall...And...