Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Are you finding your DP turned on every morning?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
14 replies to this topic

Poll: Are you finding your DP turned on every morning? (31 member(s) have cast votes)

Are you finding your DP turned on every morning?

1. YES (19 votes [59.38%])

Percentage of vote: 59.38%

2. NO (1 votes [3.12%])

Percentage of vote: 3.12%

3. I KEEP MINE TURNED ON ALL THE TIME (12 votes [37.50%])

Percentage of vote: 37.50%

Vote

#1 OFFLINE   Chris Blount

Chris Blount

Creator of DBSTalk

• Administrators
  • 17,176 posts

Posted 23 April 2002 - 09:11 AM

Everyone knows that Echostar reads these forums. I'm running this poll so they know that there is a bug in the new DP software. When calling E*, the CSR's are not aware of this problem.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Geronimo

Geronimo

Native American Potentate

• Gold Members
  • 8,295 posts

Posted 23 April 2002 - 09:20 AM

i would be surprised if you get any nos. It seems to be a new "Feature" Auto ON.
I never cared for all the signatures that insult posters with other points of view.

#3 OFFLINE   Scott Greczkowski

Scott Greczkowski

Banned User

• Banned User
  • 6,968 posts

Posted 23 April 2002 - 09:24 AM

I did a test last night (usually I leave mine on all the time) I turned my Dishplayer off at Midnight.

For some reason I woke up at 2:45 am and came on here to play a bit. At 3am the Dishplayer came on, I fell asleep around 3:30 and it was on when I woke up at 6am this morning.

#4 OFFLINE   Sandy

Sandy

Legend

• Registered
  • 210 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 23 April 2002 - 09:56 AM

And for some strange reason, the DP has been turning off my VCR everyday. So last night I tried leaving the DP on to see what happened, and my VCR was again turned off in the morning. Just started happening with the upgrade. Plain vanilla Panasonic VCR with no overnignt recordings set up.

Sandy

#5 OFFLINE   Scott Greczkowski

Scott Greczkowski

Banned User

• Banned User
  • 6,968 posts

Posted 23 April 2002 - 10:07 AM

Hmm now thats a strange one! I dont think that the Dishplayer has an IR Sender in it that could do this.

Could this be the clue why the Dishplayer has so many bugs... because they test the fixes on a Panasonic VCR? Nah that cant be it. :D

#6 OFFLINE   markdube

markdube

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 7 posts

Posted 23 April 2002 - 10:42 AM

Here is the text of an email form DISH re: the "morning after" bug...:confused:

Dear Mr. Dube,

Thank you for your email correspondence.

The problem you are currently experiencing is a known issue and we are working to correct the situation as soon as possible. Our engineering department is working diligently to have this problem corrected. We do appreciate your understanding and patience while corrective actions are taking place. Once again thank you for choosing Dish Network and please feel free to contact us with any further concerns.

Sincerely

Mark H.

Technical Support

Dish Network

********** Original Message **********

Hi - I am a dish subscriber with a DP 7100 - every night I turn the DP off - every morning (since the 5720 upgrade) the DP is on. Is this a bug? Am doing something wrong?

Mark Dube
Mark Dube
dube@mcdlaw.com

#7 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 23 April 2002 - 12:43 PM

Originally posted by Scott Greczkowski
Hmm now thats a strange one! I dont think that the Dishplayer has an IR Sender in it that could do this.

It's got one. I used it all the time before the PVR software was released. After you set it up in the setup menu, when you set a timer (not using the record button, but by selecting the program then selecting the record button or creating a manual timer) you get a choice to either record to Personal TV or record to VCR.

#8 OFFLINE   Scott Greczkowski

Scott Greczkowski

Banned User

• Banned User
  • 6,968 posts

Posted 23 April 2002 - 12:52 PM

Unregistered! You absolutely 100% correct!

I forgot about this feature!!

I used it once a long time ago!

Thanks for knocking some sense into me!

#9 OFFLINE   Sandy

Sandy

Legend

• Registered
  • 210 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 23 April 2002 - 04:40 PM

So maybe it isn't my Panasonic vcr and I causing all the problems after all. :) (it's a joke....see the smiley?)

Sandy

#10 OFFLINE   Scott Greczkowski

Scott Greczkowski

Banned User

• Banned User
  • 6,968 posts

Posted 23 April 2002 - 04:45 PM

Sandy let us know if it continues happening. Thanks for the smile, things have been wild here for a few days.

Its good to see smiles. :)

#11 OFFLINE   Sandy

Sandy

Legend

• Registered
  • 210 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 24 April 2002 - 10:52 AM

smiles are always a good thing

Sandy

#12 OFFLINE   Geronimo

Geronimo

Native American Potentate

• Gold Members
  • 8,295 posts

Posted 24 April 2002 - 10:59 AM

Of course many of the codes wipe out the VCR setip. So you amy no longer have it active
I never cared for all the signatures that insult posters with other points of view.

#13 OFFLINE   Ray Trautman

Ray Trautman

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 15 posts

Posted 26 April 2002 - 11:04 PM

Disgregard that one no vote, I just relized I don't have a "DP" I have a 501. I'm new to this Dish Network stuff. Sorry for the wrong vote.

#14 OFFLINE   TNGTony

TNGTony

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 5,345 posts

Posted 26 April 2002 - 11:46 PM

I'll tell ya, since the upgrade the ONLY thing I can find wrong is that the unit stays on. I can live with that. I'm just afraid that if they try to fix this minor issue they may awaken a larger creature hidden in the code. :)

See ya
Tony
For the life of me I will never understand why people will pay hundreds and thousands of dollars on a TV that provides the clearest, sharpest, most realistic picture possible and then, voluntarily, distort the image!

"Dish Channel Chart"
"Local Channels available and coming to Dish"
"TV Market Maps"

#15 OFFLINE   minnow

minnow

Legend

• Registered
  • 178 posts

Posted 29 April 2002 - 02:48 PM

Originally posted by TNGTony
I'll tell ya, since the upgrade the ONLY thing I can find wrong is that the unit stays on. I can live with that. I'm just afraid that if they try to fix this minor issue they may awaken a larger creature hidden in the code. :)

See ya
Tony

I agree with that !!!! My 7100 and 7200 work just fine now , thank you. Here's a little note to any E* employee that may be lurking here.

Dear Echostar,

Please do not construct, configure or conspire to develop any new upgrades to the Dishplayer. After four years of "now it works then now it doesn't" roulette, my DP's have been the most stable and reliable in the last two weeks that at any previous time I can remember. I will pay the supreme sacrifice of waking up every morning to a little green light being lit on the unit if you promise to LEAVE THE DP ALONE. I would respecfully suggest that if your technical support employees feel the need to meddle, to turn your attention and efforts to the 501. Let those owners share in the pain ! We DP owners have suffered long enough.
Again to reiterate, "PLEASE DON'T FIX THE AUTO TURN OFF BUG".
I like the green light, I really do !! :D

Protected By... spam firewall...And...